Trade Smart Online

kaly422000

my account has become dormant for being non active for one year. it need to fill up reactivation form and to qurier it to vns but due to n on availablity of qurier service i am unable to do that .also scanning of documents and mail to vns may be not possible as these shops not opening near by but vns customer care denying temporary reactivation my account. i thought to quit my existing broker and to start with vns but if they reactivate my account in this situation wud be better as they have all the documents which i sent during opening my account

my account has become dormant for being non active for one year. it need to fill up reactivation form and to qurier it to vns but due to n on availablity of qurier service i am unable to do that .also scanning of documents and mail to vns may be not possible as these shops not opening near by but vns customer care denying temporary reactivation my account. i thought to quit my existing broker and to start with vns but if they reactivate my account in this situation wud be better as they have all the documents which i sent during opening my account
Hi kaly422000
Thank you for your interest in reactivating your dormant account with us. We have gone through your conversation over email that you had sent 10 days back regarding activation of your account.

To make it active, you need to email us self attested scan copy of account activation letter, pan card copy and latest 6 months bank statement, at [email protected]. We know that taking print would be difficult at this situation but we are bound by certain regulations to take the clients request in particular format. However, we are checking with our auditors to accept email request for activation of account. We will get back to you once we hear from them.

kaly422000

Hi kaly422000
Thank you for your interest in reactivating your dormant account with us. We have gone through your conversation over email that you had sent 10 days back regarding activation of your account.

To make it active, you need to email us self attested scan copy of account activation letter, pan card copy and latest 6 months bank statement, at [email protected]. We know that taking print would be difficult at this situation but we are bound by certain regulations to take the clients request in particular format. However, we are checking with our auditors to accept email request for activation of account. We will get back to you once we hear from them.
but may be it is not possible to scan or print as nearby shop not opening . any way what causes dorment account ,is it not even logging in account or not to trade for one year? any way if scan and print cybercafe or likewise shop open ,will try.

but may be it is not possible to scan or print as nearby shop not opening . any way what causes dorment account ,is it not even logging in account or not to trade for one year? any way if scan and print cybercafe or likewise shop open ,will try.
As per the Exchange guidelines, an account becomes dormant if there as not been any trade in the account in the last 1 year.

soft_trader

You can do one thing. Download camscanner or similar app, and take photo of your documents from mobile. It should do the job.

kaly422000

As per the Exchange guidelines, an account becomes dormant if there as not been any trade in the account in the last 1 year.
but may be rules vary from broker to broker. i opened a mcx account in sas online more than one year and did not initiate any trade but that account is active still. i opened zerodha in 2017 and didnt trade for around one year then after started trade .they also didnt decativate. is it a rule from SEBI or vary from brokers to broker. just a query

but may be rules vary from broker to broker. i opened a mcx account in sas online more than one year and did not initiate any trade but that account is active still. i opened zerodha in 2017 and didnt trade for around one year then after started trade .they also didnt decativate. is it a rule from SEBI or vary from brokers to broker. just a query
Until some time ago there was no clarity with respect to the dormant account policy and each broker was free to define their own policy. However, a couple of months ago exchanges have issued circulars specifically mentioning the same for 1 year.

Even then, each broker needs to manually make the accounts dormant. And if someone has not done it then it'll not happen automatically. So in that respect it depends on the broker whether your account has been made dormant or not.