Trade Smart Online

Sorry didn't get an alert for your message so missed replying to it earlier.

Yes, we had blocked it due to increased volatility in the price. Though BO is having a Target and SL, there's still certain risk in some cases where the position can not be squared off at the SL price. In such cases we block it for some time.
Hi, since you bank with Yesbank, I want to know what happens if Yesbank goes out of business or something really bad happens to it. In that situation, what happens to your clients' money? How safe is it?

Hi
For BO too it is Rs 15 per order execution.

However, there's a small difference here. The system identifies 1 order by order number. However, in case of BO, if the 1st order gets executed in multiple trades, everytime a first leg trade gets executed a target and SL order is placed. These the target and SL orders are placed in parts they have different order numbers. Hence when they get executed, the charges are for each of those order numbers.

Please let us know in case of any further query.

Hi
For BO too it is Rs 15 per order execution.

However, there's a small difference here. The system identifies 1 order by order number. However, in case of BO, if the 1st order gets executed in multiple trades, everytime a first leg trade gets executed a target and SL order is placed. These the target and SL orders are placed in parts they have different order numbers. Hence when they get executed, the charges are for each of those order numbers.

Please let us know in case of any further query.
So, does this mean that the ENTRY order will NEVER cost more than Rs.15 irrespective of how many trades it gets executed in, right? On the other hand, the brokerage for SL/TP will depend on how many SL/TP orders were created after the entry, right?

In any case, even if there are multiple SL/TP executions stemming from the same ENTRY order, then I don't see why you HAVE TO charge separately for them, you could CHOOSE not to charge for them separately; that's what Interactive Brokers does, it's always Rs.20 for them irrespective of how SL/TP executions there are, so if they are willing to forego additional charges for multiple executions, then I don't see why you can't since obviously, it's not a technical issue but it's a question how a brokerage wants to charge its clients.

So, does this mean that the ENTRY order will NEVER cost more than Rs.15 irrespective of how many trades it gets executed in, right? On the other hand, the brokerage for SL/TP will depend on how many SL/TP orders were created after the entry, right?

In any case, even if there are multiple SL/TP executions stemming from the same ENTRY order, then I don't see why you HAVE TO charge separately for them, you could CHOOSE not to charge for them separately; that's what Interactive Brokers does, it's always Rs.20 for them irrespective of how SL/TP executions there are, so if they are willing to forego additional charges for multiple executions, then I don't see why you can't since obviously, it's not a technical issue but it's a question how a brokerage wants to charge its clients.
Hello Newbie Day-Trader
Yes, the brokerage for SL/TP will depend on how many SL/TP orders were created after the entry.

Can't comment on how Interactive Broker does it. But when we had checked about other brokers using Thomson Reuters platform and third party backoffice, it was the same for them too. When we had last checked, IB was using their inhouse softwares. Maybe they have specifically handled that part.

We will still check if there's something else that can be done about it.

Hello Newbie Day-Trader
Yes, the brokerage for SL/TP will depend on how many SL/TP orders were created after the entry.

Can't comment on how Interactive Broker does it. But when we had checked about other brokers using Thomson Reuters platform and third party backoffice, it was the same for them too. When we had last checked, IB was using their inhouse softwares. Maybe they have specifically handled that part.

We will still check if there's something else that can be done about it.
Thanks. Please look into it because it can be a deal-breaker if one is trading more than one lot of futures (or even significant quantities in Cash). I was trading with another broker here offering brokerage-refund but stability might be a concern with them, so I don't mind paying Rs.15/order brokerage to you guys for the stability but if I end up paying several times the brokerage for multi-lot orders, then that wouldn't be very effective for me.

Hi
Please refer to our brokerage plan page for details on our brokerage plans. You may also find the below links userful.
1. Brokerage Calculator
2. Margins and Exposures
3. Margin Calculator

Please let us know in case you have any other queries and we'll be happy to answer them for you.
I have received an e-mail asking me to clear the debit balance. Does this mean negative balance? How's that possible? I'd plenty of money in the account. The weirdest thing is that even though the e-mail mentions my name, the account user ID mentioned in the e-mail is NOT mine!