Trade Smart Online

In the first part of our reply this is exactly what we also said (limit should be greater than Trigger)

Thanks,
TradeSmartOnline.in
Ok.. maybe I got messed up with the terminology. Let's take a real life example of an order that I later cancelled. This scrip was trading around Rs. 143 when I placed an order - Price 147.10, trigger 147.35.

Now, the order didn't execute even when the price slowly moved up to 154... Then I cancelled. Again, the price didn't zoom up, it moved up steadily but my order wasn't executed.

Needless to say, I had to cancel the order because it may have been executed in the reversal move (when the price went down to 130 :)).

Now, what to do if I want to buy it as soon as it crosses 147.35 ??

Looks like you meant Trigger 147.1 and Price 147.35.

()*&()#^(^$(#)
Drat !! again confused in the terminology !!!

Even then, the difference between the two prices is very small. The difference should be more. It appears that we are talking about options contracts in this example you gave. Options premium are much more volatile than the underlying.

Considering that, in this case your Price should not have been less than 150. If you make it even higher than it works like SL-M order.

Thanks,
TradeSmartOnline.in
Ok, so you mean that if I want my order to execute above 147.1, then I should keep a trigger of 147.1 and price of, say 150. In this event the order will be executed at what price ? at 150 or anywhere between 147.1 and 150 ?? Could it be executed at, say 148.2 ??

Yes. It can even execute at 148.2. The moment the price reaches 147.1 (your trigger price) the order will go as a limit order with price as 150. This means it'll try to execute your order till any price with a limit at 150.

In other words, you can say, it'll be a market order till the price of 150. So if a seller is available to fill your entire order at 147.5, your price will be 147.5 as that is the "best price".

Thanks,
TradeSmartOnline.in
Thanks for the clarification :thumb:

lvgandhi

In vns finance bill, I have seen margin amount as 64827.19 for two lots of banknifty current month future for overnight holding. But I have seen span margin as 15842.25 and expo margin as 9505.01 in margin list provided by Zerodha. Thus for me for two lots it should have been 50694.52. In similar case in Zerodha, they have held only Rs.49070.18/= for two lots of banknifty current future. Is there any link to NSE to get margin list for derivatives directly from NSE?

Its not based on broker....It is related to our latest Version of NOW 1.8.4.3..
So don't blame broker.

Veera.
Not blaming anyone, Veera. It is directed to whoever can solve it, the path to the NOW support team is through the broker.

Not blaming anyone, Veera. It is directed to whoever can solve it, the path to the NOW support team is through the broker.
Exactly,Veera, I was also not blaming my broker but just sharing about the similarity of the problem which TP is also experiencing.

Whenever I swap my Watchlists from the saved ones in the directory then there is sudden rise in such errors . For 2-3 days I stopped swapping my watchlists then this error too became infrequent. So I believe it has surely something to do with Watchlists [my presumption].

Hi timepass.......

I am also receiving the same failure to remove window error also in Achi NOW and RKSV NOW.

But now after pressing close button in NOW I am always expecting that error instead of application exit successful window.
It is better than hanging while exit which happened in past.
So overall NOW is improved.

My favorite is Failed to remove 197:5 which is rockyrobust mentioned.

Enjoy the errors.........

Happy trading.....
veera.

ryan4ucar

I second timepass here - it is important to have SL-M orders, specifically for certain momentum based Short strategies. My personal experience has been that price cracks can be fast and vicious and I have previously lost out on shorting opportunities because my SL-L got only partially filled (Example : Shorted 600 NIFTY with SL at 5503 and L at 5502, but only 300 got filled because of accelerated price drop). To avoid the same, I am forced to keep the "L" much beyond the "SL" (at least 4-5 Rs below).

A SL-M order would make life much easier.
Wow and a person like this trades 600 nifty may god only save these traders i am pretty sure he is trading 50 by now