Trade Smart Online

Hi
Please tell me required margin to carry for next day with you if I have following positions as they are hedge so risk factor is low.
1. buy 1 lot of Nifty Future at 5900 and buy 1 lot PE of 5800 at 55

2. Covered Call of nifty Buy 1 lot of 5900 at 90 and sell 1 lot of 6100 at 23

I get to carry the above said position from other broker at lower cost so would like to know your offer for same....

Don't see that option either. Below is what I see when I go to enable Private Message.
Maybe you are a free member :D :D

Anyway Boss, the "Completed Orders" window does not show the executed price ? It shows the trigger price and one has to look up the "Trade Book" for checking the executed price. Nearly caused me a cardiac arrest today.

Bhai, SL-M kaise karne ka ??

It is horrible to imagine what could happen to USD rate at the spontaneous market in this case. At the controllable market of Forex USD rate would fall down just by 1-2%.

I hope that my opponents, who deny the existence of a system controlling Forex market, do remember the elementary economical laws. The spontaneous market is a barometer that establishes the real price of goods on the basis of the demand and supply

http://www.forex-metal.com/affiliate/44992/1

Raghuveer

Anyway Boss, the "Completed Orders" window does not show the executed price ? It shows the trigger price and one has to look up the "Trade Book" for checking the executed price. Nearly caused me a cardiac arrest today.

Bhai, SL-M kaise karne ka ??
In NOW:
F3, go to Completed Orders pane, Right click on Column names bar: select the option to change menu items "Reposition Columns". Add "Average Price". Hopefully this is what you were asking or will serve your purpose.

Last edited:
In NOW:
F3, go to Completed Orders pane, Right click on Column names bar: select the option to change menu items "??Reorganize Columns". Add "Average Price". Hopefully this is what you were asking or will serve your purpose.
Will try it today. Actually it was a SL order with Rs. 28 as the trigger. It got executed at 27.50. That's what I would like to see in the Completed Orders window.

Anyway, this SL-L is not very helpful, need SL-M orders. In SL-L it often jumps the price and catches it on the reversal :(

In NOW:
F3, go to Completed Orders pane, Right click on Column names bar: select the option to change menu items "Reposition Columns". Add "Average Price". Hopefully this is what you were asking or will serve your purpose.
Yes, the average price shows the trade executed price (the blue highlighted rows).

Please share the trigger price and the limit price you used in the SL-L order. It appears that the difference was very little.

Thanks,
TradeSmartOnline.in
You are right, the difference was small because the orders were for liquid options where the spread is small. But in options where the spread is big maybe 8-10 ticks (e.g. in SBIN options), it simply jumps the trigger and doesn't execute my order because the price may not reverse to my limit price.

Suppose I want to place an order to buy SBIN2400CE above Rs. 33 (whatever the price above 33), how do I place the order ??

Anyway, this SL-L is not very helpful, need SL-M orders. In SL-L it often jumps the price and catches it on the reversal :(
I second timepass here - it is important to have SL-M orders, specifically for certain momentum based Short strategies. My personal experience has been that price cracks can be fast and vicious and I have previously lost out on shorting opportunities because my SL-L got only partially filled (Example : Shorted 600 NIFTY with SL at 5503 and L at 5502, but only 300 got filled because of accelerated price drop). To avoid the same, I am forced to keep the "L" much beyond the "SL" (at least 4-5 Rs below).

A SL-M order would make life much easier.

Last edited:
Well...that would depend on the quantity too. But for an example, you could set the trigger price at 33 and Limit price at 36 (depending on the quantity and liquidity). This could serve as a SL-M order but would limit the risk in the case of a freak trade.

Thanks,
TradeSmartOnline.in
One sec.. in "Buy" in SL order, the limit has to be less than the trigger, right ?

That would depend on your specific strategy.

However, let's take an example. If the contract is currently trading at 31 and you'd like the buy order to be executed the moment it hits 33. Then your trigger should be 33 and limit greater than that.

In the above case, if your limit is less than the trigger (say 32) than the moment it hits 33 the order will not execute but will become live with a limit price of 32. So the order will only execute when the price comes back down to 32 or below.

Thanks,
TradeSmartOnline.in
Nahi bhai, the limit has to be less than or equal to the trigger price.