Trade Smart Online

Apologies. There was an issue at our datacenter today :(. As mentioned by a few other members here this issue occurred at a few other brokers too. This was sudden and was a surprise to us also. We are checking with them for the reason so that it can be avoided in future.

Apologies. There was an issue at our datacenter today :(. As mentioned by a few other members here this issue occurred at a few other brokers too. This was sudden and was a surprise to us also. We are checking with them for the reason so that it can be avoided in future.
Not only the software, but customer care was unhelpful too. One either did not get connected, but if at all, the call was transferred to the dealing desk which kept you on hold and then disconnected after 10 minutes. At least the custcare can say that there is a problem. Also, a broadcast SMS would be helpful.

Not only the software, but customer care was unhelpful too. One either did not get connected, but if at all, the call was transferred to the dealing desk which kept you on hold and then disconnected after 10 minutes. At least the custcare can say that there is a problem. Also, a broadcast SMS would be helpful.
Feedback taken. The team should have informed on call itself that there was an issue.

We did send out a push notification on both our mobile apps as soon as we realized the issue and the case. We also sent a notification as soon as the issue was resolved. We had discussed the below modes of communication (along with pros and cons) for such situations before finalizing push notifications

1. Email: Many don't check emails and the ones that do also don't check it regularly.

2. SMS: Every message needs to be whitelisted and whitelisting may even take a day's time. The situation may be different everytime and difficult to have a message ready in advance.

3. Whatsapp: Same as SMS, the messages need to be whitelisted in advance.

4. Social media (Twitter etc): Most people would not automatically know where to check. Some don't even use social media.

5. Push notifications: Do not require whitelisting. Messages reach instantly. User does not need to be logged in. Message reaches all. Only thing is users need to have logged in sometime in the past for the client id to be identified with the device.

It appears that you and maybe a few other people do not have our mobile app installed. Our suggestion would be to install it and login once in order to receive such updates.

Feedback taken. The team should have informed on call itself that there was an issue.

We did send out a push notification on both our mobile apps as soon as we realized the issue and the case. We also sent a notification as soon as the issue was resolved. We had discussed the below modes of communication (along with pros and cons) for such situations before finalizing push notifications

1. Email: Many don't check emails and the ones that do also don't check it regularly.

2. SMS: Every message needs to be whitelisted and whitelisting may even take a day's time. The situation may be different everytime and difficult to have a message ready in advance.

3. Whatsapp: Same as SMS, the messages need to be whitelisted in advance.

4. Social media (Twitter etc): Most people would not automatically know where to check. Some don't even use social media.

5. Push notifications: Do not require whitelisting. Messages reach instantly. User does not need to be logged in. Message reaches all. Only thing is users need to have logged in sometime in the past for the client id to be identified with the device.

It appears that you and maybe a few other people do not have our mobile app installed. Our suggestion would be to install it and login once in order to receive such updates.
Yeah. Couldn't log in to Sine hence couldn't check the notification :(

I'm a scalper in Nifty and Banknifty options and use Nest terminal for trading in my tradesmartonline account.

I am facing problem with lag in quotes refresh in Nest ever since I started trading with tradesmart few months back.

When I login to Nest, quotes refresh properly without any lag for like 5-10 minutes. During this period I'm able to modify or cancel my pending orders and place new orders without any problem. After this initial trouble-free 5-10 minutes, problem of lag or Nest terminal hanging starts. Basically what happens is that quotes refresh for 3 seconds and then no update/refresh for next 3 seconds. Even the clock on the status bar at the top of Nest stops for this period of 3 seconds. Some 25-30 minutes after login on Nest, this time period of lag or Nest terminal hanging goes up to 5 seconds. If I leave the Nest unattended for 40 minutes or so, quotes refresh for 2 seconds and then Nest hangs for next 7 seconds.

During this period when the terminal is hanging, I can't place new order or modify existing order. For a scalper like me who is aiming to trade calls or puts for a small profit margin, this lag is a killer.

My solution to this problem is that I logout of Nest every 15 minutes and then login again. There are days when I logout and login for about 15 times and some trades are missed due to this frequent logout/logins.

I am using Nest version 3.16.0 on Windows 10. I have tried using 3 different laptops with latest generation Intel or AMD Ryzen CPU with at least 8 GB or 16 GB RAM. I have both Tata and Airtel 100 mbps fiber connections in my office. I have tried all the combinations of 3 laptops and 2 broadband lines.

Many years back, I was using Zerodha when they were offering Nest. When Zerodha discontinued offering Nest, I moved on to Upstox because they were offering Nest. Last year Upstox also discontinued Nest, so I moved to Tradesmart. I never had this problem of lag/hanging with Nest back when I was on Zerodha and Upstox for a total of over 9 years. I don't want want to go back to web interface of upstox because slicing of bigger square-off orders doesn't happen over there.

Is anyone else on this forum facing this problem with Tradesmart's Nest? If yes, then what is the solution?

Last edited:
I'm a scalper in Nifty and Banknifty options and use Nest terminal for trading in my tradesmartonline account.

I am facing problem with lag in quotes refresh in Nest ever since I started trading with tradesmart few months back.

When I login to Nest, quotes refresh properly without any lag for like 5-10 minutes. During this period I'm able to modify or cancel my pending orders and place new orders without any problem. After this initial trouble-free 5-10 minutes, problem of lag or Nest terminal hanging starts. Basically what happens is that quotes refresh for 3 seconds and then no update/refresh for next 3 seconds. Even the clock on the status bar at the top of Nest stops for this period of 3 seconds. Some 25-30 minutes after login on Nest, this time period of lag or Nest terminal hanging goes up to 5 seconds. If I leave the Nest unattended for 40 minutes or so, quotes refresh for 2 seconds and then Nest hangs for next 7 seconds.

During this period when the terminal is hanging, I can't place new order or modify existing order. For a scalper like me who is aiming to trade calls or puts for a small profit margin, this lag is a killer.

My solution to this problem is that I logout of Nest every 15 minutes and then login again. There are days when I logout and login for about 15 times and some trades are missed due to this frequent logout/logins.

I am using Nest version 3.16.0 on Windows 10. I have tried using 3 different laptops with latest generation Intel or AMD Ryzen CPU with at least 8 GB or 16 GB RAM. I have both Tata and Airtel 100 mbps fiber connections in my office. I have tried all the combinations of 3 laptops and 2 broadband lines.

Many years back, I was using Zerodha when they were offering Nest. When Zerodha discontinued offering Nest, I moved on to Upstox because they were offering Nest. Last year Upstox also discontinued Nest, so I moved to Tradesmart. I never had this problem of lag/hanging with Nest back when I was on Zerodha and Upstox for a total of over 9 years. I don't want want to go back to web interface of upstox because slicing of bigger square-off orders doesn't happen over there.

Is anyone else on this forum facing this problem with Tradesmart's Nest? If yes, then what is the solution?
Which other softwares are you running at the same time ?

Also, I run ccleaner every day before shutdown. It cleans out the temp files. Some people do it on booting.

Chrome temp files need to be manually cleared using Ctrl+Alt+Del or through its menu.

i have demat+trading account but now want to use it for only option(buying option) trading ,in that case can i skip demat amc?
In case you are doing only option trading we can suggest two options to you
  1. Close your demat account through Box and keep only the trading account
  2. Convert your demat account to a BSDA in case you have stocks worth less than Rs 50k.