Trade Smart Online

Hi Tradesmart,
I have few questions.
1. For hedged option selling positions, does margin requirement increases as option buy position moves from otm to far otm.
2. How to place both the buy and sell order in nest platform, as in it basket order was not allowed for my tradesmart account.
3. Do you allow to hedge against far otm strike price?
Thanks
Hello @mg1987
Sorry your message got missed by us
1. Yes it'd increase. Basically the margin is risk based. So if the risk increases, margin also increases.
For example an equal qty Nifty 17000 CE written and 17200 CE bought then your risk is for approx 200 points only. So the margin would be lesser. However, in case you don't buy 17200 CE and instead buy 17500 CE then the risk is of 500 points i.e. risk is higher. So the margin will increase. Vice versa for Put too.

For a better understanding you may try various permutations and combinations on our Margin Calculator

2. What kind of issue did you face while placing the basket order? Was it a margin related issue? If yes, it could be because you were placing an order to hedge the position and when you are placing the first leg of the order your margin requirement may be higher and reduce only when the 2nd leg is placed. To avoid this issue, first buy the option and then only place the order to sell (write).

3. Yes we do. However, we do not allow trading in illiquid contracts. You may get a list of the contracts allowed on our website. You may find this list on Equity Futures Margin page.

Please let us know in case you have any other questions.

neo.mx

@TradeSmartOnline

I have not given POA to tradesmartonline or VNS Finance. Yet in CDSL Easi portal, POA is mentioned as VNS Finance. It should be blank.

I have created a ticket (746607) regarding this. But your client support did not clarify properly.

@TradeSmartOnline

I have not given POA to tradesmartonline or VNS Finance. Yet in CDSL Easi portal, POA is mentioned as VNS Finance. It should be blank.

I have created a ticket (746607) regarding this. But your client support did not clarify properly.
There seems to be some misunderstanding. The POA has not been updated. You can see the status in Box. Also when you have to sell stocks you have to give an authorisation (e-dis). This would not have required if the POA had been marked as yes.

neo.mx

There seems to be some misunderstanding. The POA has not been updated. You can see the status in Box. Also when you have to sell stocks you have to give an authorisation (e-dis). This would not have required if the POA had been marked as yes.
Yes, in TSO back office and trading platform I am a non POA client. But at the same time, CDSL easi website should also reflect the same. But in CDSL Easi at Demat Account Details, in POA field VNS Finance is mentioned. I have attached screenshot with the ticket id.

I have two other non POA demat accounts in different brokers. Where in CDSL easi page, POA field is blank. So I expected the same with your demat account.

Yes, in TSO back office and trading platform I am a non POA client. But at the same time, CDSL easi website should also reflect the same. But in CDSL Easi at Demat Account Details, in POA field VNS Finance is mentioned. I have attached screenshot with the ticket id.

I have two other non POA demat accounts in different brokers. Where in CDSL easi page, POA field is blank. So I expected the same with your demat account.
Checking with CDSL on the same.