Trade Smart Online

Please create a demo of trade API in youtube for simple tasks. After following the API documentation, I am getting Session Expired Message.

Also there are added complexity by adding encrypting and decrypting data multiple times. So a clear instruction would be very helpful.
Thanks for the feedback. We'll look into how we can make it easier for our users to use the API.

For the issue mentioned by you, please make sure you've logged in to the Swing mobile app or Swing Web before using the API. To be able to use the Swing API, you'll need to login to Swing (mobile or web) every trading day morning. Every morning the active sessions get invalidated from our backend partner. So, though your token will not change, you'll need to login to Swing every morning to be able to use the API. We are working on a solution where that should not be necessary. For now, we'll add that to the API document too.

Please also make sure not to login to any of our other platforms (Sine, Nest Trader etc) when using Swing.

We have explained encryption-decryption in our API documentation. Kindly let us know the point that is causing confusion and we'll look into simplifying it.

neo.mx

Thanks for the feedback. We'll look into how we can make it easier for our users to use the API.

For the issue mentioned by you, please make sure you've logged in to the Swing mobile app or Swing Web before using the API. To be able to use the Swing API, you'll need to login to Swing (mobile or web) every trading day morning. Every morning the active sessions get invalidated from our backend partner. So, though your token will not change, you'll need to login to Swing every morning to be able to use the API. We are working on a solution where that should not be necessary. For now, we'll add that to the API document too.

Please also make sure not to login to any of our other platforms (Sine, Nest Trader etc) when using Swing.

We have explained encryption-decryption in our API documentation. Kindly let us know the point that is causing confusion and we'll look into simplifying it.
Thanks for the reply, logging in to swing mobile has solved my problem.

Encryption and Decryption guideline in the documentation is helpful. It improves security, but it requires an additional step each time for requesting and receiving data.

Last edited:
@TradeSmartOnline

Please consider moving square off time 3.10 to 3.15. From a trader's perspective, it would be convenient to have extra 5 min to close the position.
We understand your point. However, keeping all the pros and cons we decided to keep it at 3:10 pm. We've also explained our reasoning here in this earlier post. For your quick reference, reposting the same here too.

Initially when we had started we had kept the auto square-off time at 3:15. However, there were a few occasions when we suddenly faced an issue with the auto square-off which happened from our backend vendor Thomson Reuters. Doing the auto square-off at 3:15 left us with very little time to have it rectified. In case of an issue, the time of 15 minutes is a little less for the below steps
1. First troubleshoot it at our end so that it's not a false alarm
2. Get connected to the right person at backend vendor, explain the issue to him
3. Have him check the issue and then resolve it
4. Run auto square-off from our end

Doing it at 3:10 pm gives us an additional 5 minutes which does not sound a lot but can still make a difference in case of an issue.

In the world of technology if one says there'll never be an issue he is fooling himself.

McNish

@TradeSmartOnline

Please consider moving square off time 3.10 to 3.15. From a trader's perspective, it would be convenient to have extra 5 min to close the position.
I would say better still to move it up another 5 mins. i've read from the grape-wine that MF's move in at the end on the market, most likely in the last 15 mins or so.
The squaring off process is an automated computerised process. A way out to achieve 15:20 as square off time could be for only those that are within their defined margin limits, as of course defined by the broker; or in exceptional cases, the clients trading goodwill, which should be quantifiable. That would leave out selectivness or partiality on part of the broker.

McNish

In my earlier posts, i mentioned about the Algoji bridge and yourself reverted that things were in the pipeline. The tech space with regards to the Indian markets is popping out services and products at a decent pace. So say if one were to come out with a new product or service, what'll be the TAT of getting a broker, say yourself, getting supported for the same?

:)

In my earlier posts, i mentioned about the Algoji bridge and yourself reverted that things were in the pipeline. The tech space with regards to the Indian markets is popping out services and products at a decent pace. So say if one were to come out with a new product or service, what'll be the TAT of getting a broker, say yourself, getting supported for the same?

:)
We have our API ready. So the integration has to be done by the other tech platform. Hence it'd depend a lot on that platform how much time it takes them to do the integration.

kaly422000

time has come to reduce squireup charge also to rs 10/. any way some of the good movements coming around 3 pm and intraday traders can not perticipate. actually previously squire off charge not levied but only call to trade. with call to trade charge discount brokers are actually not discount brokers as many traders may have some problem like power cut ,net outrage etc. back up is there may be with smartphone but smartphone is sometime not so capable