Trade Management - What do u do after you enter your Trade ??

suri112000

3R, 2R, 1R exits won't let you trade in sync with the market.

When a trade moves by 1R the trader should not allow it to result in a loss. Make it a breakeven trade. That can be achieved either by partial booking of profit by keeping the SL intact for the remaining position or by moving the SL to breakeven. Second choice does not give much room for the price to oscillate.

Multiple entries and multiple exits give a cushion of adjusting for volatile markets. It should not result in averaging a loosing trade.

Booking of profits at probable junctions of price is important which may not result in your target hit.

Have a reason why you exited prematurely. Premature exits should be equally distributed between winners and loosers.

Cutting losses short also mean that when the trade is threatened to reverse, you have a valid reason to exit prematurely. In the process, donot comprise on giving sufficient room to oscillate for the price in the direction of trade.

in my country after 3 day when you buy, you can sell, when i take a trade, i can go to some where, or doing some thing, i dont care market , 3 day i will come back, if have profit i will change stoploss, if it down i will sell,
my country do not short sell, no stoploss automatic,

in my country after 3 day when you buy, you can sell, when i take a trade, i can go to some where, or doing some thing, i dont care market , 3 day i will come back, if have profit i will change stoploss, if it down i will sell,
my country do not short sell, no stoploss automatic,
which country?

I have noticed that most traders can't maintain an emotional balance when they have opened a trade, they fret and usually modify the trade. Most times, they do this not from reason or strategy but from greed or fear; especially modifying their stop loss; this is one reason why I always advise traders to possibly use trailing stops.

amandeep86

hi amandeep ,
can u describe the changes in your trade management and plan after OFA entered in your trading career. ?
Hi,

Using OFA i have increased my entries and reduced my Risk per trade with Small sl .Beauty is that we get trade in all kind of market scenarios .

I trade only Crude Oil Intraday and Risk 0.5% per trade

First exit is fixed at 10 points (2/2.5 R ) and Second Exit is trailed to get maximum move ,if trending .

i m still forward testing using OFA