Trade from Excel thru Zerodha Trader

Hi all,
Is there any way/tool to automate my trading, entry and exit from my system in MS Excel to my broking terminal Zerodha Trader.
Hope I get some light on this idea from the Traderji experts
Thank you

Square

Is there any tool developed by any discount brokers. Sharekhan has this tool of trading from MS Excel. Such integration can really be very very handy and effective to semi/fully automate order execution through MS excel and macros. Excel is a commodity and everybody uses it day in a day out. Vba in excel is also not very difficult for non tech people. Also for working people managing trading from excel will be safe rather than trading from charts or from the trading terminals. Hope some discount brokerage takes initiative on this front.

john302928

Is there any tool developed by any discount brokers. Sharekhan has this tool of trading from MS Excel. Such integration can really be very very handy and effective to semi/fully automate order execution through MS excel and macros. Excel is a commodity and everybody uses it day in a day out. Vba in excel is also not very difficult for non tech people. Also for working people managing trading from excel will be safe rather than trading from charts or from the trading terminals. Hope some discount brokerage takes initiative on this front.
Hi Can you please share the excel sheet which sharekhan provides, so that we can see if we can modify it for Nest trader

Square

Hi Can you please share the excel sheet which sharekhan provides, so that we can see if we can modify it for Nest trader
I do not have SK excel sheet etc. I read about them on their site. I have my own excel with Zerodha which does not use API. Zerodha also have KiteConnect costing 2k per month, through which you can used Excel (you will need to code yourself) to manage all your trading activities from Excel.
Regarding your query of splitting orders beyond max exchange permitted quantities it can be done. I do not have this built in my system, but it can be programmed to fire multiple orders every second or whatever frequency is needed for splitting orders beyond freeze quantity directly from Excel to Nest at a click of single button/key till the total quantity is fired.

If you are using API then you can get into Limit type or IOC types orders, else without using API, the only way to build an automated system will have Market orders only.

Last edited: