Trade Diary of a Novice

ajeetsingh

In last 2 years, I have tried almost everything available over the net to get success. Its not like that I have not been successful or hadn't some good trades but there was no consistency. Moreover one bad trade wiped all profits earned in several serious mind consuming trades. Emotions are always surpassed the rules set and a trade which can be ended in profit. finally gave loss. tried all reputed tipsters, in fact spend more than 80k on them for need of some good show but all in vain. Got a mere 17k which itself is termed as loss as I spend more than quadruple to get the entry. Story is very long........
but my profession helped me a lot and I started developing some excels and logics in amibroker/ dotnet/ java which can help me taking decision and I am determined to trade emotionless. By chance my luck landed me in a team of developers which are in project of developing algo for reputed broking firm
Although I was chosen because of code work behind main scene and my depth of knowledge about market but I got to know the true perspective of trading that doesn't involve right or wrong trades rather discipline and only discipline. How to be in a trade which is profitable for as long as you can and how to get out quickly from an one who's making loss.
Now its a rebirth of my trading career, I have reinvested 50k in trading account and will try to fetch 15% monthly, if it happened every month for atleast 24 months then i will quit job in 2-3 years and pursue trading as sole bread earner. Still I didnt developed any craze for maintaining any ledger or account for profit so I will keep account here in this thread for all my decisions. All of my trades are either intraday or max holding for 3-4 days
I started with my 1st trade on friday which gave me aroung 1400
so, so far earned 2.8% on capital

Last edited:

TraderRavi

low risk profile
In last 2 years, I have tried almost everything available over the net to get success. Its not like that I have not been successful or hadn't some good trades but there was no consistency. Moreover one bad trade wiped all profits earned in several serious mind consuming trades. Emotions are always surpassed the rules set and a trade which can be ended in profit. finally gave loss. tried all reputed tipsters, in fact spend more than 80k on them for need of some good show but all in vain. Got a mere 17k which itself is termed as loss as I spend more than quadruple to get the entry. Story is very long........
but my profession helped me a lot and I started developing some excels and logics in amibroker/ dotnet/ java which can help me taking decision and I am determined to trade emotionless. By chance my luck landed me in a team of developers which are in project of developing algo for reputed broking firm
Although I was chosen because of code work behind main scene and my depth of knowledge about market but I got to know the true perspective of trading that doesn't involve right or wrong trades rather discipline and only discipline. How to be in a trade which is profitable for as long as you can and how to get out quickly from an one who's making loss.
Now its a rebirth of my trading career, I have reinvested 50k in trading account and will try to fetch 15% monthly, if it happened every month for atleast 24 months then i will quit job in 2-3 years and pursue trading as sole bread earner. Still I didnt developed any craze for maintaining any ledger or account for profit so I will keep account here in this thread for all my decisions. All of my trades are either intraday or max holding for 3-4 days
I started with my 1st trade on friday which gave me aroung 1400
so, so far earned 2.8% on capital

best wishes !!

kainiteh

Hi Ajeet Singh
First of all Thanks for your modesty throughout thread, I was also exactly in your stage but I have recovered lot and ending in 10-15points of Nifty in green weekly. It is small but I am protecting my captial

I am not advising but following may be provide you some information, After loss I had found myself reason for delayed entry with huge stop loss and early exit, it was because of Indicator (No offence ;) and too much element to make trading decision in chart. After I have been studying price action and I felt comfortable by telling my selling bull/buyer/demand and bear/seller/supply story . It is working fine but problem is its time confusing and I can't make limit orders.

Luckily and Unlikely I have started Price action with Al Brooks which very hard to understand his narration about price action, after I have got some resource for Internet like Fakey and Indecision candle. Now I am trading in this two setup only mostly on Indecision candle (Doji)

I wish very all the best and you will be successful

ajeetsingh

Today again I am back on track....:lol:
Got weak signal of buy @ 940 so bought @ 945 and put target 995
and then when BNF was @ 978 suddenly something happened to me and removed the bid. so ended up huge loss...
ROR today: -6.6%

Had one beautiful trade in JSWSTEEL (cash) but na jane fir kya mann mein samai and reversed @ 844.50....... Market punished me and gave loss
Emotions and greed over ran me today

Last edited:

TraderRavi

low risk profile
Today again I am back on track....:lol:
Got weak signal of buy @ 940 so bought @ 945 and put target 995
and then when BNF was @ 978 suddenly something happened to me and removed the bid. so ended up huge loss...
ROR today: -6.6%

few questions that came to my mind.
you bot @ 18945 @ 10:01
1) BNF hit 19008 @ 10:32 , why not exited at profit of 60 points ?
2) then it fell to your Bot price 11:05 , why not exited at breakeven ?
3) then again @ 14:11 it came near your bot price, why not exited ?
why you waited till 3:22 pm and exited at bottom ?

ajeetsingh

few questions that came to my mind.
you bot @ 18945 @ 10:01
1) BNF hit 19008 @ 10:32 , why not exited at profit of 60 points ?
2) then it fell to your Bot price 11:05 , why not exited at breakeven ?
3) then again @ 14:11 it came near your bot price, why not exited ?
why you waited till 3:22 pm and exited at bottom ?
Bro, I changed target to 19050 and waited till it get auto square off.
Answers to all your questions is......... Vinash kale vipreet budhi.
Simply this is the reason that I am not a successful trader yet
My levels are always good
see today's trade so far..........