Tomorrow is gonna be worst day for Indian indices

N

Niks

Was thinking about the starting the same thread :D Can't keep my eyes off ya hoo finance. Some bloggers say its the largest one day fall in DOW since last 10 years.

ravalsb

May be on absolute terms, its a big fall. But need to also consider that first 300 points fall have negated the gain of last two trading sessions and net fall is 300-400 pts.

In India context, i prefer to see it on relative terms. While US gained 300 pts on Friday and Monday, Sensex fell almost 1000 pts in last two trading sessions. This is not to say that indian markets shall not fall tomorrow, but may be some of the blow is already taken in anticipation.

These are just my views. I may be wromg

Regards

Last edited:

gkpc

May be on absolute terms, its a big fall. But need to also consider that first 300 points fall have negated the gain of last two trading sessions and net fall is 300-400 pts.

In India context, i prefer to see it on relative terms. While US gained 300 pts on Friday and Monday, Sensex fell almost 1000 pts in last two trading sessions. This is not to say that indian markets shall not fall tomorrow, but may be some of the blow is already taken in anticipation.

Regards
The opening shall be a sort of knee jerk reaction only!!! No one remembers the 1000 points fall in last 2 sessions!!! All will have fresh memories of last night's Dow -700+, and Nasdaq -200, SnP -100...
If Asia can support with some positive figures which is unlikely, there shall be a shocking opener!!! Hopefully should stabilise unless there is a strong herd reaction!!
As it is, the sentiment is weak and this coupled with US mkt position, very difficult situation to tackle for us here!!!
Any good Buys on fall!!!!
:D

praveen taneja

Beware mkt is flooded with so many news n rumours now..............
Highlights * Chidambaram says Indian banking system well capitalised. * RBI says ICICI has adequate liquidity, foreign arms well capitalised. * SEBI head says Indian markets resilient; settlement system robust. * Fin min source says easing commodity prices yet to reflect in WPI. * Telecom minister asks BSNL to roll out 3G, WiMax svc immediately. * Head says LIC should look at protecting policyholder interest. * Head Ambani sees RComm margins improving as co grows. * Whirlpool of India official sees 20-25% revenue growth FY09. * Idea Cellular to launch GSM services in Bihar, Jharkhand Oct 1. * DLF to start buyback of 22 mln shares in about 15 days. * Parsvnath starts work on 11,000 sq m housing project at Pune. * BHEL gets 9.90-bln-rupee power plant order from Rajasthan.

rkkarnani

Regards
Wow!!! Nice to note that u were correct!!! great!!!
Thanx!
:)

N

Niks

Regards
Yeah realized the wisdom in your post :)

xtalk

I won't buy anything. I'll only short whenever there is 100-200-300 point nifty rally. Situation is terrible in credit market. $700 billion is peanuts in a $1000 trillion credit market, of which $60 trillion is all the troubled CDS. So far, 20-odd BFSI wiped out but there are 100+ banks in US and add another 150-200 in EU. Asian banks aren't safe either. I'm reading that at least 2/3 banks will disappear. World will not be same.

Capitalism is based on "trust", that's now gone...