Tom Demark's Sequential

mastermind007

Recently came across this name and was able to get AFL template from amibroker itself.

Went thru AFL. Debugged, added and removed a lot of code. After lots of effort, following image is the result. According to this system, Reliance has peaked and Sell was generated as of yesterday on Intraday Hourly chart.

Yet to add Entry1, Entry2, Entry3, Exit and SL, Cancellation and Loop-detection.

Here is the image of what it appears as of now.

Number 9 indicates candle on which Setup (and Intersection) was completed. Hollow Circle indicates Candle on which the 13th Countdown completed (Should it not be Count UP?). Pink Ellipse is added (manually).

Blue Color is Bullish. Red Color is .... Bearish :)

Last edited:
Here are the Combo rules from Perl's book. There is one variation that is now used by Demark; the final 13 count can use either the open or close.

Requirements for a TD Combo Buy Countdown Version II

The first four requirements are the same as for Version I:
1. The close must be less than, or equal to, the low two price bars earlier, up to and including bar ten of the TD Buy Countdown phase;
2. Each TD Combo Buy Countdown low must be less than, or equal to, the low of the prior price bar;
3. Each TD Combo Buy Countdown close must be less than the previous TD Combo Buy Countdown close; and
4. Each TD Combo Buy Countdown close must be less than the close of the prior price bar.
However, for TD Combo Buy Countdown bars eleven, twelve, and thirteen only, 5. The closes need only be successively lower, and it is not necessary to apply the more-stringent conditions listed earlier.

johnnypareek

Recently came across this name and was able to get AFL template from amibroker itself.

Went thru AFL. Debugged, added and removed a lot of code. After lots of effort, following image is the result. According to this system, Reliance has peaked and Sell was generated as of yesterday on Intraday Hourly chart.

Yet to add Entry1, Entry2, Entry3, Exit and SL, Cancellation and Loop-detection.

Here is the image of what it appears as of now.

Number 9 indicates candle on which Setup (and Intersection) was completed. Hollow Circle indicates Candle on which the 13th Countdown completed (Should it not be Count UP?). Pink Ellipse is added (manually).

Blue Color is Bullish. Red Color is .... Bearish :)

Hmm,

Would you mind sharing the code??

mastermind007

We have completed 13 combo on Bank Nifty on Friday.
@ Top Gear Trades,
Can you please check Nifty Futures and Bank Nifty futures on Bloomberg DeMark charts ? Both Sequential as well as Combo.
Smart_trade
Dear Smart_trade,

I have not implemented Combo (yet!!!).

In case of Sequential on Nifty EOD, I am on Countdown 9.
In case of Bank Nifty, I am on Countdown 4.

How does that software handle Looping/Cancellation? I do following:

Scenario 1) Lets assume that a buy setup starts at bar 100 and finishes at bar 9. However before countdown reaches 13, another sell setup starts and completes its count to 9 and finishes intersection. Under this case, old buy setup is Cancelled (removed from screen) and Sell Setup is allowed to commence count down.

Scenario 2) Lets assume that a buy setup starts at bar 100 and finishes at bar 9. However before countdown reaches 13, another buy setup starts and completes its count to 9 and finishes intersection. Under this case, old buy setup is looped over (removed from screen) and newer Buy Setup is allowed to commence count down.

Except for the very last setup (countdown), I do not show incomplete ones. Therefore, Old Looped or Cancelled setups do not get shown normally.

Discovered one nice feature in Amibroker, which allows me to see incomplete setup in set of candles by positioning it on extreme right of screen (and then I can see which candles caused Looping or Cancellation.

Thanks to Amibroker's intelligent handling, I can clearly see incomplete setups/countdowns forming and then getting cancelled.

Here is my image of most recent implementation.

Small Circles are Setup bars except 9th. Digit 9 is shown for 9th Bar. Setups automatically extend if Intersection does not occur on 8th or 9th bar. Small Hollow Squares are Countdowns except 13th. Small Solid Square is Countdown#13. Triangle is First Entry. Remaining up arrows are Intermediate and Post-Reversal Entries. Bar backgrounds are shaded to reveal status. Reddish is for Sell. Blue-Gray is for Buy. Number of entry signals it will generate after Countdown is a parameter. So, is number of bars the Setup/Countdown will remain active once it is Completed.

Sunset/Sunrise background is history ...

Last edited:

mastermind007

Another thing that I noticed as interesting is that is if a Setup gets cancelled (by Opposite Setup) before it reaches bar 9 , it can also be treated as an "Entry Signal" in direction of initial incomplete setup. Of course, its risky.

mastermind007

Two Recent TD calls as of today.

mastermind007

can you please post a graph on that cancellation case
I will have to show it as Video maybe over a Team Viewer. Cancelled Graph is only visible if I align last candle to Right Hand side of Chart Window. It disappears as soon as I scroll right.