Tom de mark sequential monitor for nifty50 stocks

travi

so on Wed, Longs were kept out and same occurred yest (Thu) as mkt couldn't close above 11648.

The Buy setup continues, and we can see how the potent system kept us out of preemptive trades. ( hurried long positions )

Today is an important day in buy setup count. If we close below 11387 ( close 4 bars ago ), then buy setup will not cancel and the correction will most likely continue.
Looking at overnight sell-off action in US mkts, the 1st big one since june, it is likely that we may close below 11387. As per the system shorts could've been opened but like i posted earlier, momentum didn't warrant that and buying puts seemed to be a lesser risk option. same strategy will continue.

so on Wed, Longs were kept out and same occurred yest (Thu) as mkt couldn't close above 11648.

The Buy setup continues, and we can see how the potent system kept us out of preemptive trades. ( hurried long positions )

Today is an important day in buy setup count. If we close below 11387 ( close 4 bars ago ), then buy setup will not cancel and the correction will most likely continue.
Looking at overnight sell-off action in US mkts, the 1st big one since june, it is likely that we may close below 11387. As per the system shorts could've been opened but like i posted earlier, momentum didn't warrant that and buying puts seemed to be a lesser risk option. same strategy will continue.
Travi, your analysis on the TD set up is very useful.

travi

Monday did mark a sell CD 9-13-9 on BN. I didn't realize that :) BN has been weak and unlike last few years it does not tell us as much as NS.
1599213873836.png

I'm not very sure of the count it seems very likely. the Sell CD13 was on 21-jul and recent daily chart is the 2nd Sell Setup in Pic above.

==========
Anyway, from the caution last week with NS completing CD13 we are more interested in that one.
so today, at one point of time NS had me around 1pm, looked like it will be a strong closing but the selling came and by 2:30PM we were under.

So excursion of 11300 is well below 11387, PEs did appreciate and i'm mildly bearish.
Monday needs to close above 11470 to switch sides else we continue the same as this week.

Also, since we are mentioning the upper bound of 11470 ( for longs ), we should note that 11250 is a TDST support for now and this too me is "most relevant". If it gives away on closing basis, then the current Buy setup in daily has a very high probability of accelerating. ( 11k levels. )

1599214866912.png

sanju005ind

Investor, Option Writer
Monday did mark a sell CD 9-13-9 on BN. I didn't realize that :) BN has been weak and unlike last few years it does not tell us as much as NS.
View attachment 44098

I'm not very sure of the count it seems very likely. the Sell CD13 was on 21-jul and recent daily chart is the 2nd Sell Setup in Pic above.

==========
Anyway, from the caution last week with NS completing CD13 we are more interested in that one.
so today, at one point of time NS had me around 1pm, looked like it will be a strong closing but the selling came and by 2:30PM we were under.

So excursion of 11300 is well below 11387, PEs did appreciate and i'm mildly bearish.
Monday needs to close above 11470 to switch sides else we continue the same as this week.

Also, since we are mentioning the upper bound of 11470 ( for longs ), we should note that 11250 is a TDST support for now and this too me is "most relevant". If it gives away on closing basis, then the current Buy setup in daily has a very high probability of accelerating. ( 11k levels. )

View attachment 44099
Adding to your post the TDST support BN is at 21880.

travi

The TD BUY setup count continues in NS, and mkt fails to go higher. Even today (ie. wed), we need to close above 11535 to cancel count.

For Thu, weekly expiry too, close above 11527 reqd ( Bar 9 ) . As of now both look unlikely which means there is a high probability of setup completing so a quick turnaround in mkts become just that harder.
We may remain sideways or even go lower after that.
11250 which was a good but small support is going to be attacked. US selling is pretty steep.

so keep powder dry, and book profits ( I've done most of mine ) and keep cash ready in hand for next deployment when the signal comes.
Also, since Jan it is known that is election year and those effects tend to kick in, volatility will only rise till the year end.

Last edited:

travi

I often get queries on PM, so i got a nice entry yest which i thought of sharing here as I did with another person.
The outcome is not known, but too me good add to my trade or portfolio as its a pf stock.

This is Balkrishna Ind bounced from TD Buy setup from a previous TDST support.
these are considered low risk entries.

https://pasteboard.co/JqnzlAm.png

travi

TD Buy count maybe interrupted today, if we close above 11334 so Buy Setup Bar 9 may not be printed.

Little expiry manipulation may occur but need to keep eyes open. The TD support of 11250 on NS held well and we might just get a chance to buy dip and go Long again.
very strong bear squeeze today :)
so for now system is long and i'm carrying some intra as positional long.

It validates in hindsight, but this is one of the reason why I "felt" positional short wasn't warranted and instead Buy PE. Mkts up momentum is very strong. The selling wasn't steep, just 1-2 big red bars in 9.

Last edited:

sridhga

As of yesterday, the following stocks completed TD Buy Setup.

Indoco,
PowerGrid
NTPC
SCI
LindeIndia
TimeTechno
CarborUniv
CLNIndia
MGL
PageInd
BajaCon
UCOBank
Ultramar
IDBI

For TD Sequential, now we should be starting the count down for 13 bars. Is this correct?

In TD Combo, we do parallel count for TD Setup and TD Countdown.

How do we decide what to choose between TD sequential and TD Combo?