To & From the Co-ordinators

murthymsr

dear members of this august forum,

this tread, in general, is intended for posts by the developers and posts by members calling specific attention of the co-ordinators.

it's a great event that all developers and domain experts are coming together in this forum to develop some good software, all investors and traders are looking forward.

in the opening thread by munchikana, members have given suggestions, based on which, this post is made. all such opinions, wishes are compiled and presented below for comments/guidence.

1) domain experts play a very important role in sw development. their active participation is solicited. no software does any new things which the domain expert is not aware of. it only does the same things very fast and with good repeatability.

2) a thread by name wish-list is started in this forum. members amy post their requirements/ expectations in this thread which will serve as a ready reference for developers for incorporation in their present/ future softwares. already the forum contains such wishes expressed implicitly in the various posts. such members may repeat such requests in this thread and also, volunteers amy compile and post in the thread wish-list.

3) to the extent possible, developers may base their software based on free resources available on the internet. this will ensure that the developed software is avilable to users free/ at minimal cost.

4) as we are working on many projcts, platforms/technologies will not be specified. it is a developer's prerogative, in view of his expertise and the suitability for that application.

5) developers may ensure that their software works on as wide a system specs as possible. by this we can ensure that the software may be made use of by the max. no.of members.

6) developer's resources are scarce. to avoid duplication of work, wastage of resources, developer's may post the outline of their project, so that people planning to work on similar projects can come together and form into a team for more efficient use of resources.

7) after release of enough number of softwares, thay may be integrated, if agreed by the respective developers. this may be born in mind and sw amy be developed with a modular and standard apprach.

8) the software developed with inputs from other members may be released as a freeware or as a open-source os as a shareware. such discretion entirely lies with the developers.

9) the passwords and source code may not be posted in the forum. developers may send such information to the requesting members by other private means, only if they are convinced about the intentions. the co-ordinators and Traderji are not responsible for their confidentiality.

10) developers may give version numbers and also mention beta in the filename while releasing a software. such version numbers and 'beta' may be put on both the exe/key file and the compressed file.

11) while releasing a software, sufficient installation instructions may be made & posted in this forum along with the first post. this will reduce initial errors and enhance user acceptance.

12) documentation and testing are two very important functions in development of a good software. interested members may post their willingness to take up these functions on a newly developed software. loosely said, if you report all your observations while installing a software/ while using it, you are a tester. i feel that some members, when they find some problem with a new software, are just removing that sw from their system and forgetting it. by doing so, you are not fair to the developer, who has spent many days/months to develop a software to make it available to you free/ at nominal cost.

13) developers who have already made a sw, may utilise this platform for getting user feedback for improving their software, but no promotional posts/ passive marketing may be made by them

14) developers may ensure that the software developed by them and the other files accompanying their software are in line with applicable licences. Traderji and the co-ordinators are not responsible for the contents delivered in a software. the users may use all the software at their own risk all such developed/ delivered software.

i found some very good motivating skills in munchikana. i request him to put-in all his efforts to mobilise support for the cause of the development. he who has planted has to water it too. :)

i also thank pankaj for his detailed post with his views on the working of colloborative software development process.

these are some of the thoughts on the process of sw development in the forum. member's comments/ suggestions for improved performance are welcome. member's opinions on the contents of this post are requested.

Traderji may go through this post and offer his comments, if any.

thanks for your time.

MurthyMSR

murthymsr said:
i found some very good motivating skills in munchikana. i request him to put-in all his efforts to mobilise support for the cause of the development. he who has planted has to water it too. :)

MurthyMSR
Dear Murthymsr,
First of all thanks for the compliments. I shall try my level best to motivate learned members of this forum for this noble cause. Thanks again

murthymsr

hi all,

please refer to the post by hasobha about NSE Toolbar.
http://www.traderji.com/websites/7356-nse-toolbar.html

NSE ToolBar can be downloaded from:
http://www.nseindia.com/content/press/download.htm

i have installed the same. while going through the tool bar, i felt why not we have a Traderji ToolBar and integrate with FireFox Browser? NSE toolbar has all important info from NSE. but in traderji toolbar, we can have NSE, BSE, Yahoo some important brokers and some other useful links, all in one.

if some of the members with a expertise in web technologies, come forward, we may develop one. those who are knowledgeable and wiiling to contribute may expess the same.

all along, i was using a home page coded in HTML (a few links are not working ;( ) and we can improvise on this and use the same in the mean time. users with HTML knowledge may make improvisations/ modifications and post the same for use by all members. ultimately, we may convert into a Traderji ToolBar.

users may unzip the attached myhome.zip into some folder and select this hTML page as their home page from within the browser.

please share your thoughts and willingness to take up the project. we may have a team of developers too.

all the best.
MurthyMSR

Last edited:

pkjha30

murthymsr said:
hi all,

please refer to the post by hasobha about NSE Toolbar.
http://www.traderji.com/websites/7356-nse-toolbar.html

NSE ToolBar can be downloaded from:
http://www.nseindia.com/content/press/download.htm

i have installed the same. while going through the tool bar, i felt why not we have a Traderji ToolBar and integrate with FireFox Browser? NSE toolbar has all important info from NSE. but in traderji toolbar, we can have NSE, BSE, Yahoo some important brokers and some other useful links, all in one.

if some of the members with a expertise in web technologies, come forward, we may develop one. those who are knowledgeable and wiiling to contribute may expess the same.

all along, i was using a home page coded in HTML (a few links are not working ;( ) and we can improvise on this and use the same in the mean time. users with HTML knowledge may make improvisations/ modifications and post the same for use by all members. ultimately, we may convert into a Traderji ToolBar.

users may unzip the attached myhome.zip into some folder and select this hTML page as their home page from within the browser.

please share your thoughts and willingness to take up the project. we may have a team of developers too.

all the best.
MurthyMSR
Hi Murthygaru

Can you give me desired URLs in the following pattern

Caption=XXXXXXXX ( should be less than 8 worrds and descriptive)
URL of the web page=http://Your Link Location

If Input Field is required then The Actual URL and Input Parameter Field( like Stock Symbol in NSE tool Bar)

Firefox extensions are in xul language and not difficult to code. With above I can give you a working toolbar in no time.
Another point is if Traderji.com's title picture is also required then the picture may be attached(in any format, I will convert as required)

We can have Traderji.com tool bar

Pankaj

murthymsr

pkjha30 said:
Hi Murthygaru

Can you give me desired URLs in the following pattern

Caption=XXXXXXXX ( should be less than 8 worrds and descriptive)
URL of the web page=http://Your Link Location

If Input Field is required then The Actual URL and Input Parameter Field( like Stock Symbol in NSE tool Bar)
Another point is if Traderji.com's title picture is also required then the picture may be attached(in any format, I will convert as required)

We can have Traderji.com tool bar

Pankaj
dear pankaj,
this forum is great because of people like you, for the readiness to take an idea and to offer the help readily.

i have one question.
i hope we can have three levels; TAB, SUBTAB and then link. this way we can accommodate more links.

the first tab will be traderji.
the second one will be NSE with subtabs : INDICES, EQUITIES, DERIVATIVES, .......... etc., Each subtab will have links captioned as in the SE ToolBar.

if this is possible, we may have the Tabs Like Traderji, NSE, BSE, Yahoo, ICICI, IndiaBulls, ShareKhan, ... etc ., with their own subtabs.

hope what i wrote makes some sense to you. :)

if these multiple levels are possible, i can make to the extent my knowlegdege goes, which may be updated in the forum with user updation.

i intend to give the information in an excel file, with three levels, which may be expanded as need arises.

for title picture, we may have traderji.com 's title with slogan itself as the picture background in a non-obstrucive way.

i hope traderji will agree for this proposal and will give the file. (Traderji.jpg)

thnks for your prompt and POSITIVE response.
any other ideas are also welcome.

MurthyMSR

pkjha30

murthymsr said:
dear pankaj,
this forum is great because of people like you, for the readiness to take an idea and to offer the help readily.

i have one question.
i hope we can have three levels; TAB, SUBTAB and then link. this way we can accommodate more links.

the first tab will be traderji.
the second one will be NSE with subtabs : INDICES, EQUITIES, DERIVATIVES, .......... etc., Each subtab will have links captioned as in the SE ToolBar.

if this is possible, we may have the Tabs Like Traderji, NSE, BSE, Yahoo, ICICI, IndiaBulls, ShareKhan, ... etc ., with their own subtabs.

hope what i wrote makes some sense to you. :)

if these multiple levels are possible, i can make to the extent my knowlegdege goes, which may be updated in the forum with user updation.

i intend to give the information in an excel file, with three levels, which may be expanded as need arises.

for title picture, we may have traderji.com 's title with slogan itself as the picture background in a non-obstrucive way.

i hope traderji will agree for this proposal and will give the file. (Traderji.jpg)

thnks for your prompt and POSITIVE response.
any other ideas are also welcome.

MurthyMSR
Hi MurthyGaru

Thats entirely possible. But link should be proper and working.
Picture that you have referred to is too big. Somthing like iconic picture would be suitable. May be a variation of "T" in traderji.
Please post your URL and Tab excel file.
Pankaj

murthymsr

pkjha30 said:
Hi MurthyGaru

Thats entirely possible. But link should be proper and working.
Picture that you have referred to is too big. Somthing like iconic picture would be suitable. May be a variation of "T" in traderji.
Please post your URL and Tab excel file.
Pankaj
dear pankaj,

what i thought was: the traderji banner will appear for about 5 to 10 secs and will fade-out. this is what i meant by non-obtrusiveness. (if possible). rest ok.

may be i cannot match your speed. ;) please give me some time, i will workout the excel file with links. in the mean time, you may be working on your DLC project.

anyway, as i am not familiar with links of BSE & non-ICICI brokers, they will be with a few links. we can add later.

hope thiss is in order.

MurthyMSR