Tips to reduce trading cost

Trading cost is something that we can’t really get rid of but we can surely minimize it by taking care of certain things like:

Switching to a low-cost broker who charges lower brokerage
Calculating the trading cost before you enter a trade.
If you are an intraday trader, set a limit on the max number of trades you would take up in a day.
Avoid impulsive trading

These things can help you save on trading costs and have more profits. Also, I would love to hear what you people do to reduce your cost of trading.

travi

Some brokers charge absurd margins and haircut on pledged instruments for 0 brokerage.
This is an indirect cost.
One has to keep in mind these too, among platform stability etc

Trading cost is something that we can’t really get rid of but we can surely minimize it by taking care of certain things like:

Switching to a low-cost broker who charges lower brokerage
Calculating the trading cost before you enter a trade.
If you are an intraday trader, set a limit on the max number of trades you would take up in a day.
Avoid impulsive trading

These things can help you save on trading costs and have more profits. Also, I would love to hear what you people do to reduce your cost of trading.
Give priority to the integrity of the trading platform. I find Nest to be the best, but most of the brokers are discontinuing it.

As for cost of trade, I guess nothing beats Finvasia. I don't have an account with them but thinking about it.

Give priority to the integrity of the trading platform. I find Nest to be the best, but most of the brokers are discontinuing it.

As for cost of trade, I guess nothing beats Finvasia. I don't have an account with them but thinking about it.
I have already started using finvasia. Their platform works well, just some minor issues with charts, nothing serious but as you said the 0 brokerage part takes over.

Some brokers charge absurd margins and haircut on pledged instruments for 0 brokerage.
This is an indirect cost.
One has to keep in mind these too, among platform stability etc
Agreed! Though haircuts keep on changing based on market volatility, it's always better to compare the haircuts and margins offered by different brokers to avoid such instances.

Yes, lately most brokers have stopped offering NEST but as far as the broker is providing a compatible trading platform, I think it's fine.