Tips for Import BSE and NSE bhavcopy directly in to Amibroker

Hi everyone, i am new member of this site and also new for ami broker

I have downloaded amibroker demo and install it, while importing bse and nse data to ami, some times it crash and shows some error,

But after some research on net now i can import both NSE and BSE bhav copy directly to Ami as it is, (Please not that Data will not save in Demo Version)

Following is the procedure to import BSE data into Amibroker.

1) First you have more than 3 days bhavcopy of BSE, to download daily BSE bhavcopy open following link,
http://www.bseindia.com/mktlive/bhavcopy.asp

2) download atleast 3 to 5 days bhavcopy from above link, file will be in ZIP format like eq061210_csv.zip

3) unzip the file and you will get .CSV file

4) Rename each .CSV file with corresponding date (suppose your CSV file name is EQ061210.CSV you have to rename it like 06-12-10.CSV)

5) Place all .CSV file in one folder at desktop.

6) Now open formats folder from ami installation directory (by default it will C:\Program Files\AmiBroker\Formats)

7) Open import.types file in notepad and add following line at last (simply copy and past it), then save and close file

Bseindia format (*.csv)|*.csv|Bseindia.format

8) now make new text file in same folder (C:\Program Files\AmiBroker\Formats), and rename it with Bseindia.format

9) open Bseindia.format file in notepad and copy following code, then save and close

$FORMAT Ticker,FullName,Group,Skip,Open,High,Low,Close,Skip,skip,skip,Volume
$SKIPLINES 1
$OVERWRITE 1
$SEPARATOR ,
$DEBUG 1
$AUTOADD 1
$BREAKONERR 1
$DATE_DMY

Thats all you have done it,

Now simply open Amibroker, make new database,
Select import ASCII from file menu, open dialog box will appear, select Bseindia format (*.csv) in File of Type, then browse your desktop folder in which you have placed your CSV file before, Select all CSV file and open.

now you can see all bse scripts and its last 3 to 5 days data.

if you want 1 month or 1 year data then simply download all Bhavcopy from BSEindia site, unzip all file and rename each file and import it.

Same way you can do with NSE data also. only step 7 8 & 9 will change,

7) Open import.types file in notepad and add following line at last (simply copy and past it), then save and close file

Nseindia format (*.csv)|*.csv|Nseindia.format

8) now make new text file in same folder (C:\Program Files\AmiBroker\Formats), and rename it with Nseindia.format

9) open Nseindia.format file in notepad and copy following code, then save and close

$FORMAT Ticker,APPENDTICKER,Open,High,Low,Close,Skip,skip,Volume
$SKIPLINES 1
$OVERWRITE 1
$SEPARATOR ,
$DEBUG 1
$AUTOADD 1
$BREAKONERR 1
$DATE_DMY

I hope this will be very useful. :thumb:

Hi, I am trying to upload nsebhavcopy. Can you mention in define fields how to map the 15 fields in nse format? which one to skip etc. I want to import the entire data of stocks, futures and options