Timeframe for Swing Trading ?

Hi Friends,

Can you please help, what Timeframe should be used to check Swing Trade Trend, and which Timeframe should be used to Enter / Exit the Market ?

I use Technical Analysis Tools along with Chart Patters and Candlestick Patterns.

Regards,
Adi.

Tuna

Listen and act, don't ask it, it doesn't oblige
higher the time-frame -> lesser the trade -> higher the swing length --> deeper the SL --> bigger the capital & off course greater the patience (as rightly mentioned above)

A swing trading system (mechnical, programmable) can be profitable in lower and loss making in higher TF or vis-a-vis based on the strategy and the underlying insturment. There is no one size fits all. Answer lies in backtesting with min 5 years of data. Don't look back beyond that, as market changes.

higher the time frame higher is profit...and greater is patience required
weekly
Daily
3 hrs
1 hrs
30 min what u want ^^
So you mean ,

If I use daily time frame to take trade, trend needs to be seen on weekly.
If I use daily 3H frame to take trade, trend needs to be seen on 1D.
If I use daily 1H frame to take trade, trend needs to be seen on 3D.

Weekly : Daily = 5:1
1D:3H = 2:1
3H:1H = 3:1
1H:30M = 2:1

can you please elaborate , i have heard the trend must be seen on 4x times. I am not sure if my information is correct hence asking seniors in the group.

higher the time-frame -> lesser the trade -> higher the swing length --> deeper the SL --> bigger the capital & off course greater the patience (as rightly mentioned above)

A swing trading system (mechnical, programmable) can be profitable in lower and loss making in higher TF or vis-a-vis based on the strategy and the underlying insturment. There is no one size fits all. Answer lies in backtesting with min 5 years of data. Don't look back beyond that, as market changes.
Thanks a lot sir. I am taking screenshot of your reply and keeping it in my reference folder. I am sure to practice this.

newtrader101

True. Even yesterday, I shorted Silver as it was bouncing down off the Upper bollinger band in 1 hour. However, forgot to see that it was still trendng up in 4 hour (stochastics still bullish). Was stopped out.