Time to invest in blue chips

Most of the times, if not all, return from MFs are in sync with the market indices. E.g. Is there any MF which has given positive return in last 1 month? I don't think so.

Market Indices are derivative of multiple stocks. MFs too are. Principally similar.

SIP is another mathematical abstraction to average out lows & highs (which is not a bad strategy)

Even though I have nothing against MFs or SIPs, my primary purpose is medium to long-term investment in right stocks at right time.

I am not interested in "short-term multibaggers" like Yes Bank.

But if RIL or SBI or TCS are at their lowest levels, its an opportunity not worth missing.
Yet you talk about investments of '1 Year"

In basic words you are greedy and want to make maximum money but don't want to work for it. You should go and study market and select stocks n entry.
No one knows the bottom of this market and incase anyone knows no one is going to give it for free.
Yes, I am so greedy that I have not been active in equity markets for many years. And today, instead of trading in Yes Bank (which has moved between 5 to 55 in last 10 days) I want to invest in blue chips for medium to long term.

On a serious note, this is not a forum to discuss our personal attributes but exchange knowledge. Please share your knowledge.

I said 'medium to long term' and guesstimated what returns can be expected in a year.

But coronavirus, why don't you let us know when will the world markets come out of your grip?
Yes, I am so greedy that I have not been active in equity markets for many years. And today, instead of trading in Yes Bank (which has moved between 5 to 55 in last 10 days) I want to invest in blue chips for medium to long term.

On a serious note, this is not a forum to discuss our personal attributes but exchange knowledge. Please share your knowledge.

Hello,
Deep apologies, but your statements & questions sounds like an anxious teenager looking to make a quick buck. I don't even know a single person who can tell you the exact levels of entry & exit in this phase of the market. [Trust me, by the grace of god I have met some seasoned investors & operators/traders alike who are in the market since I wasn't even born]

However please take my 0.02$ & ofcourse with a grain of salt. : )
If you would like to get sure shot returns like 50-100% in a year, Old Bluechips are your best bets. [TCS, HDFC, SBI, INFY etc.]

If you can increase a little risk appetite then go for the companies that were hit hardest by the corona blood bath [Indigo, IndusInd, TataMotors, MotherSumi etc.]

If you are looking to invest for a long term 3-6 years portfolio then go for these likely multibagger stocks (I repeat LIKELY) [IRCTC, AartiIndustries, VinatiOrganics, Avenue Supermarts(Very controversial) etc.]

That's it, Happy investing.
PS: I suggest you read Intelligent investor & Stock Operator so in future you will trust more on your gut than a stranger on a finance forum. : )

Best Regards,

Akamai

Disclaimer: I am not a SEBI registered adviser. All the information provided here are for educational/informational purposes only.

bashasm

Markets have crashed in last one month globally. In line with their global counterparts, Nifty & Sensex too are down by more than 30%.

It is time to enter blue chips which are more or less at their 52 week lows.

RIL touched a low of 891 from a high of 1600 levels recently.
SBI is down to 200 levels from 375
ICICI is below 350 from a high of 550+
IRCTC is below 1000 from a recent high of almost 2K. (It went public in Oct 2019 at an issue price of 310, raced to 1995 in Feb and now down to 950).
TCS and INFY are down 20% & 30% from their recent highs

IndusInd Bank has recently slipped below 400 from a high of 1.8K. There was news about its ill-health but the bank management has denied it.

Looking at the way Yes Bank has moved, investing in it appears more dangerous than gambling.

Unless & until world-war breaks out, the Indian economy in on way to crash to 0.5Trillion and the world economy acts similarly, Markets dont have much downside left.

It is time to enter the blue chips and stay invested for a year. They may easily give 50% to 100% returns (or more) within a year.

Experts may please opine.
Great initiative, please don't stop with the criticism
Why restrict to blue chips?

I think the investment should be diversified for better returns

Hello,
Deep apologies, but your statements & questions sounds like an anxious teenager looking to make a quick buck. I don't even know a single person who can tell you the exact levels of entry & exit in this phase of the market. [Trust me, by the grace of god I have met some seasoned investors & operators/traders alike who are in the market since I wasn't even born]

However please take my 0.02$ & ofcourse with a grain of salt. : )
If you would like to get sure shot returns like 50-100% in a year, Old Bluechips are your best bets. [TCS, HDFC, SBI, INFY etc.]

If you can increase a little risk appetite then go for the companies that were hit hardest by the corona blood bath [Indigo, IndusInd, TataMotors, MotherSumi etc.]

If you are looking to invest for a long term 3-6 years portfolio then go for these likely multibagger stocks (I repeat LIKELY) [IRCTC, AartiIndustries, VinatiOrganics, Avenue Supermarts(Very controversial) etc.]

That's it, Happy investing.
PS: I suggest you read Intelligent investor & Stock Operator so in future you will trust more on your gut than a stranger on a finance forum. : )

Best Regards,

Akamai

Disclaimer: I am not a SEBI registered adviser. All the information provided here are for educational/informational purposes only.
No one except God can say anything exact about anything in the mortal world.

Thanks for rest of the informative post.

Sensex down by 4000 points.
Great initiative, please don't stop with the criticism
Why restrict to blue chips?

I think the investment should be diversified for better returns
I agree. Only thing is, blue chips are more stable compared to smaller players which might swing either way in a much bigger way.

Blue chip tag is taken away from some stocks after economic crash. Earlier Bhel, RCom etc were called blue chip by some.
'Blue chip' is just a English term for 'high quality' or 'premium category'

In terms of stock market, it simply means the stocks with largest market cap. If the market cap of one gets eroded and second one increases such that it surpasses the 1st, the 2nd one will become blue chip and the 1st one might lose that tag.