Time to invest in blue chips

Markets have crashed in last one month globally. In line with their global counterparts, Nifty & Sensex too are down by more than 30%.

It is time to enter blue chips which are more or less at their 52 week lows.

RIL touched a low of 891 from a high of 1600 levels recently.
SBI is down to 200 levels from 375
ICICI is below 350 from a high of 550+
IRCTC is below 1000 from a recent high of almost 2K. (It went public in Oct 2019 at an issue price of 310, raced to 1995 in Feb and now down to 950).
TCS and INFY are down 20% & 30% from their recent highs

IndusInd Bank has recently slipped below 400 from a high of 1.8K. There was news about its ill-health but the bank management has denied it.

Looking at the way Yes Bank has moved, investing in it appears more dangerous than gambling.

Unless & until world-war breaks out, the Indian economy in on way to crash to 0.5Trillion and the world economy acts similarly, Markets dont have much downside left.

It is time to enter the blue chips and stay invested for a year. They may easily give 50% to 100% returns (or more) within a year.

Experts may please opine.

Last edited:
Markets have crashed in last one month globally. In line with their global counterparts, Nifty & Sensex too are down by more than 30%.

It is time to enter blue chips which are more or less at their 52 week lows.

RIL touched a low of 891 from a high of 1600 levels recently.
SBI is down to 200 levels from 375
ICICI is below 350 from a high of 550+
IRCTC is below 1000 from a recent high of almost 2K. (It went public in Oct 2019 at an issue price of 310, raced to 1995 in Feb and now down to 950).
TCS and INFY are down 20% & 30% from their recent highs

Indus Ind has recently slipped below 400 from a high of 1.8K. There was news about its ill-health but the bank management has denied it.
Looking at the way Yes Bank has moved, investing in it appears more dangerous than gambling.

Unless & until world-war breaks out, the Indian economy in on way to crash to 0.5Trillion and the world economy acts similarly, Markets dont have much downside left.

It is time to enter the blue chips and stay invested for a year. They may easily give 50% to 100% returns (or more) within a year.

Experts may please opine.
need to wait ..

Please qualify this waiting . . .

According to you, when should one starting buying . . .

To be fair people have jumped in from 12K, 11K, 10K, 9K
with this fall happening so fast paced its natural to hesitate even at 8K

On the other side there have been instances when people have been waiting for ever . . .
and some of them will continue doing so even in the current down turn waiting to time the bottom

If one is starting out, this is the best time . . .

Please qualify this waiting . . .

According to you, when should one starting buying . . .

To be fair people have jumped in from 12K, 11K, 10K, 9K
with this fall happening so fast paced its natural to hesitate even at 8K

On the other side there have been instances when people have been waiting for ever . . .
and some of them will continue doing so even in the current down turn waiting to time the bottom

If one is starting out, this is the best time . . .

this may be right time to buy in small pieces .. it depends ..
1. the number of news case still increasing .. yesterday 30k today 33k .. need to see this number stabilize at one point which might be the inflection point of the curve ,, and from there some months may take for number starts reducing .
2. oil war still going on ,,
3. if the virus from some vested interest then i doubt even corona goes they bring other issues to ensure mkt purge all excess ,, might be minimum 60% from peak
4. after 2008 what big revolution came ? like white revolution / industrial revolution / green revolution to boast the economy ? only good work made in communication and cell phone and free printing money
5. some thing like anti gravity , wire less electricity transmission or some other good changes happen in other areas might form a base for good and health economy ..
6. I will wait till mkt goes down 60 % to invest .. till then trading only .. if mkt recovers even from this point it is good for every one ..

i_xion

If you feel it's cheap then go n buy.
If you feel it will fall then wait.
Don't depend on others call for your investment.
If you are not sure then do SIP (invest small amount regularly) as you won't have to time the market.

I think it is safe time to buy RIL, SBI & IRCTC.

I expect them to give anywhere between 50% to 200% returns within a year.

Please suggest your entry levels in these blue-chips and expectations in a year.

I have a regular job and am not into trading.

I have done no activity in stock market for last many years and I can only invest for medium to long term.

I think this is one of the best time to invest in Indian blue chips. Any investor would not like to miss this opportunity. Markets may or may not go down a little more. But over medium to long term, this is a golden opportunity to invest.

EXPERTS should give a CLEAR opinion.

Most of the times, if not all, return from MFs are in sync with the market indices. E.g. Is there any MF which has given positive return in last 1 month? I don't think so.

Market Indices are derivative of multiple stocks. MFs too are. Principally similar.

SIP is another mathematical abstraction to average out lows & highs (which is not a bad strategy)

Even though I have nothing against MFs or SIPs, my primary purpose is medium to long-term investment in right stocks at right time.

I am not interested in "short-term multibaggers" like Yes Bank.

But if RIL or SBI or TCS are at their lowest levels, its an opportunity not worth missing.

i_xion

Most of the times, if not all, return from MFs are in sync with the market indices. E.g. Is there any MF which has given positive return in last 1 month? I don't think so.

Market Indices are derivative of multiple stocks. MFs too are. Principally similar.

SIP is another mathematical abstraction to average out lows & highs (which is not a bad strategy)

Even though I have nothing against MFs or SIPs, my primary purpose is medium to long-term investment in right stocks at right time.

I am not interested in "short-term multibaggers" like Yes Bank.

But if RIL or SBI or TCS are at their lowest levels, its an opportunity not worth missing.
In basic words you are greedy and want to make maximum money but don't want to work for it. You should go and study market and select stocks n entry.
No one knows the bottom of this market and incase anyone knows no one is going to give it for free.