Tick by tick chart for nifty/banknifty intraday

I am a full time intermediate trader who recently came across this thing called "tick by tick chart" for intraday, it seems like a lot of professional traders across the globe use this over conventional time based charts. So I was wondering if there is any trader out here on this forum who can share his experience with respect to tick by tick chart for intraday. It seems like most Indian discount brokers don't provide tick by tick charting so could you anyone please suggest a good and reliable data vendor in this regard ? is NSE live data feed and tick by tick is the same thing or not ? I got to know that some NSE real time data vendors just provide second based order snapshot data than real tick by tick data. Would really appreciate if anyone can share his overall trading experience with tick by tick charts, thanks in advance.

Have u tried TradingView premium plan? think they have tick by tick data....
As per this https://www1.nseindia.com/content/press/List_data_Vendors.pdf tradingview don't seem to have tick by tick data for F&O segment, but if you have used it then please do let me know. I think NSE provide true tick by tick data only to HFT firms and what they are providing to their authorized data vendors (like global data feed, truedata) is snapshot of all trades taking place in 1 sec as 1 tick, which is identical to second based chart offered by tradingview premium. I am still skeptical about it and would be glad if some seasoned trader would share his experience in regards to both tick by tick charts and minute based charts. Truedata has partnered with bookmap and recently made an announcement that soon they will be launching L2 data service which would further enhance bookmap feature but still its miles away from true tick by tick data.

Last edited:

ajeetsingh

In India, not a single data vendor provides tick data, mostly all have 1 sec time stamp. I have used truedata and gdfl and currently using accelpix, all are same. I dont trust any other as only these are authorised data providers. Mostly all softwares work fine with 1 sec data. I use amibroker and NT8.

I've not tried but has anybody tried using IBKR API to get the tick data ? The Price and Sales Window in the UI shows trades but am not sure how the API behaves. Comments appreciated.

In India, not a single data vendor provides tick data, mostly all have 1 sec time stamp. I have used truedata and gdfl and currently using accelpix, all are same. I dont trust any other as only these are authorised data providers. Mostly all softwares work fine with 1 sec data. I use amibroker and NT8.
So this is exactly as if you are having tradingview premium subscription where you can view second based chart ? as tradingview provide you exactly the same, 1 sec or 5 min timestamp of all trades that's taking place at exchange end. Have you ever tried tradingview premium subscription for second based charts ? if yes was it any different than using third party data vendors (truedata/gdf/accelpix) + MT/NT ? correct me if I am wrong but I guess data vendor + MT/NT is still cheaper option when compared to tradingview premium from Indian traders pov.

So this is exactly as if you are having tradingview premium subscription where you can view second based chart ? as tradingview provide you exactly the same, 1 sec or 5 min timestamp of all trades that's taking place at exchange end. Have you ever tried tradingview premium subscription for second based charts ? if yes was it any different than using third party data vendors (truedata/gdf/accelpix) + MT/NT ? correct me if I am wrong but I guess data vendor + MT/NT is still cheaper option when compared to tradingview premium from Indian traders pov.
NSE never give Tick by Tick data outside. You are have to be within NSE's network premises to get it. Only Prop firms uses TBT data, as it requires heavy and costly technical establishment. All other data is based on seconds.