Thoughts on Risk Management

I think without a good risk management strategy, success seems like a far away option. You need to be able to control losses in order to find a base and maintain a certain amount of discipline while you bear good profit returns. It's a process and doesn’t happen overnight.

With a well-built risk management strategy, you get to make informed decisions. You don’t get carried away by the market and take time to research and analyse. You calculate all the possible risks before putting your money at risk.

Risk management is an essential tool that keeps you on track while trading regardless of your outcomes. It may require some experience until you develop a working risk management strategy. Until then, not risking more than you can afford to lose would work.

Risk management is the first thing a trader has to focus on. You cannot expect to earn anything unless you manage the risk well. Losses cannot be avoided in trading but they can be minimised to a great extent with proper risk management.

I believe in protecting oneself and the funding is extremely important if we have to stick in the market longer. It doesn’t look easy and from what I’ve heard from friends and family, is that you need to go on with a full proof plan so you have your choices listed in front of you, so you can choose the right moment to make the move required, then. A strong risk management strategy only eliminates the larger level of risk, not the risk quotient entirely. That said, if you do not understand the level of uncertainty you’re playing at, then you will fail.

You don’t need any insurance if you build your strategy with a strong stop loss. Using it wisely will decrease risks of your failures in your trading. Also, you must risk the money you can afford to lose.

You can manage the risk with a well balanced and diversified portfolio. Pick the right stocks and you will be good to go. Losses are inevitable during a market crash but those who have patience can surely earn profits in the long run.

Risk management plays a very important role in a financial market. The ability to control the risk and make consistent profit despite the frequent changes and shifts that may affect the strategy or goal plan. Calculate a risk reward and you have security. Good luck!