Thoughts on Risk Management

DanPickUp

hi DanPickUp,

I could not make out anything from this post. is it a reply to somebody's post? or you want to make a general accusation of the community around you? still your one line "Laziness was never a good idea......" stands out from the rest of the blog.

Thank you
Hi vijayvaliya

My statement is clear : Why doe's not anybody show once a real MM plan from him self and then let us discuss about it.

I also can not make out anything from only showing and never seeing anything from any student in this thread about MM. I may missed some stuff and then I would be sorry.

At any time in my live, I was learning trading, I had to show results and so why don,t you show any results here in this thread.

So, I ask my self : Why are some only asked but never see anything from certain fellow members here ?

Learning by doing seems to be some thing, some of you do not know or are afraid of.

Sorry if I am some times harsh and wild.

I never made at any point in trading the experience, that it is a friendly business, which waits for fellow paper traders, which most from you are.

I agree with you, that learning is basic.

Basic also means decency and giving back and not only forcing for information, specially when it is only for personal profit on the shoulders of other posters.

DanPickUp

Last edited:

oilman5

read Ryan .............his site smarttrading.com........if u think to master MM
Be a student of FRM.......financial risk management
for simple learning KISS on risk management/money management.......be a member of paid site www.masteroftrading.com........where good pro teaches .
USE stator-afm as software if u like.
Hope it solves the problem to learn

read Ryan .............his site smarttrading.com........if u think to master MM
Be a student of FRM.......financial risk management
for simple learning KISS on risk management/money management.......be a member of paid site www.masteroftrading.com........where good pro teaches .
USE stator-afm as software if u like.
Hope it solves the problem to learn
I feel happy that you are back. KISS i read in detail after your advice, but i think it is an elusive thing. Thanks for updates on FRM, sites and software.

Hi vijayvaliya

My statement is clear : Why doe's not anybody show once a real MM plan from him self and then let us discuss about it.

I also can not make out anything from only showing and never seeing anything from any student in this thread about MM. I may missed some stuff and then I would be sorry.

At any time in my live, I was learning trading, I had to show results and so why don,t you show any results here in this thread.

So, I ask my self : Why are some only asked but never see anything from certain fellow members here ?

Learning by doing seems to be some thing, some of you do not know or are afraid of.

Sorry if I am some times harsh and wild.

I never made at any point in trading the experience, that it is a friendly business, which waits for fellow paper traders, which most from you are.

I agree with you, that learning is basic.

Basic also means decency and giving back and not only forcing for information, specially when it is only for personal profit on the shoulders of other posters.

DanPickUp
Hi DanPickUp,

This post has triggered some thoughts on me. I must be frankly expressing them, may be at cost of some displeasure to you.

Whatever the scientific methods you apply, techniques you use, trading has an in-built element of art in it. And a work of art, however better imitated, looks different from the original work. Like the Kalidasa's poems, Da Vinci's painting, there is no point in trying to learn the art from other artists. Try to develop artist in you, try to see the work of other artists. And they are no comparisions in any work of art.

All the best to you

DanPickUp

Hi DanPickUp,

Whatever the scientific methods you apply, techniques you use, trading has an in-built element of art in it. And a work of art, however better imitated, looks different from the original work. Like the Kalidasa's poems, Da Vinci's painting, there is no point in trying to learn the art from other artists. Try to develop artist in you, try to see the work of other artists. And they are no comparisions in any work of art.

All the best to you
Hi vijayvaliya

Nicely spoken and in no way a displeasure for me.

I appreciate such thoughts and statements, as they have quality.

Have a nice week.

DanPickUp

crown

Hi DanPickUp,

This post has triggered some thoughts on me. I must be frankly expressing them, may be at cost of some displeasure to you.

All the best to you
Hello Vijay

Bro, these are some of the best lines that I read on this forum. Thanks for sharing.

oilman5

Hi DanPickUp,

All the best to you
No in trading , u dont have to be genius , but a copy master. Copying what is done already and try to protect u from already proven failed system IS major part for in journey of a trader.
Next is what fits u.when u get by using a system ,however peculiar may it look by others, if its give u consistent money atleast for 1 yr ,in real time trading,........that should be your edge,Now with discipline stick to that system in proven market condition.
AGAIN prepare another system .......not for its betterment, but which may work in future changed market condition.
Trading is not a place of innovation,already more than 120 yr enough experiment has clearly put in black & white.........what works.
Since u know chess,.......i shall quote great Mr B ,......who suggests playing against ladies is easy. as instead already studying/assimilating great works of past masters.......they obviously introduce.......new idea , which is basically 3rd grade.......can be easily defended by Masters.
So in present if u really want learn...........learn on how to play with volatility.

No in trading , u dont have to be genius , but a copy master. Copying what is done already and try to protect u from already proven failed system IS major part for in journey of a trader.
Next is what fits u.when u get by using a system ,however peculiar may it look by others, if its give u consistent money atleast for 1 yr ,in real time trading,........that should be your edge,Now with discipline stick to that system in proven market condition.
AGAIN prepare another system .......not for its betterment, but which may work in future changed market condition.
Trading is not a place of innovation,already more than 120 yr enough experiment has clearly put in black & white.........what works.
Since u know chess,.......i shall quote great Mr B ,......who suggests playing against ladies is easy. as instead already studying/assimilating great works of past masters.......they obviously introduce.......new idea , which is basically 3rd grade.......can be easily defended by Masters.
So in present if u really want learn...........learn on how to play with volatility.
you have hidden what I wanted to convey, 'Next is what hits .........that should be your edge', I mean the art is that edge only