Thoughts on Day/Swing Trading

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi ST da,

I have faced a problem in executing the order, for eg, I put a limit order at 100(currently at 101) in the anticipation of fall and it did fall but order didn't get executed. I saw in order list it says order Triggered. What should we do in this situation.

thanks
Nishant
See in your trades or net position windows....this limit buy order should have got executed if it shows order triggered and if price has gone below 100 .

ST

See in your trades or net position windows....this limit buy order should have got executed if it shows order triggered and if price has gone below 100 .

ST
In Netposition order didn't get executed and when price cross well below my limit price I canceled the order from the order list.

I kept Trigger Price and Limit Price same i.e. both 100. should I use spread of 5 paisa or more?

Nishant

In Netposition order didn't get executed and when price cross well below my limit price I canceled the order from the order list.

I kept Trigger Price and Limit Price same i.e. both 100. should I use spread of 5 paisa or more?

Nishant
Trigger Price and Limit price ? Means you put a stop order....not sure how this stop order was placed to Stop buy at 100 when price is above that....I am not clear on this. I dont think such order will be accepted by the system.

Always keep a difference of about 1.00 between trigger price and limit price in stock futures and 0.25 in Nifty Futures.

Smart_trade

Trigger Price and Limit price ? Means you put a stop order....not sure how this stop order was placed to Stop buy at 100 when price is above that....I am not clear on this. I dont think such order will be accepted by the system.

Always keep a difference of about 1.00 between trigger price and limit price in stock futures and 0.25 in Nifty Futures.

Smart_trade
dear STda,

In case of short trade we have to specify trigger price other wise the system will take best price(i.e. 101 in this case) and execute trade at the current price (but we want it to execute at 100).
Am I right, or there is some other way to do that?

Sorry for bothering you for such a silly questions.

Nishant

sibumajumdar

dear STda,

In case of short trade we have to specify trigger price other wise the system will take best price(i.e. 101 in this case) and execute trade at the current price (but we want it to execute at 100).
Am I right, or there is some other way to do that?

Sorry for bothering you for such a silly questions.

Nishant
dear Nishant, Trying to reply to ur query.....If its short SL order then Trigger shld be > order price & if Buy SL order then Trigger < order price. Thats what i do. Hope iam correct. Rest our STda will do.

Thanks....SLMuncle

poortrader

Hello Nihilistic,

Try the following...they might help you to improve your success rate and profitability :

1) Use a higher timeframe which should be about 5-6 times your trade timeframe for deciding the direction in which you will take the trades. So if you are trading on 3 min bars, use 15-20 min bar as higher timeframe to give you a trade setup. For 5 min bars the higher timeframe will be 20 or 30 min bar. If higher timeframe is trending down, take all short trades...and vice versa

2) If the breakout/breakdown fails and the market closes in the range which it broke then it is a breakout failure and better to get out of your position without waiting for stoploss to hit ......

Wait for clearly set up trades....that will help. Trading bothways requires good understanding of market action...dont attempt that initially.

Smart_trade
thnx a lot st da, i m just a beginner and i got afl in one thread called st popcorn, can it be used in one hour tf to determine the trend, if poosible can you elaborate
thnx in advance

thnx a lot st da, i m just a beginner and i got afl in one thread called st popcorn, can it be used in one hour tf to determine the trend, if poosible can you elaborate
thnx in advance
Popcorn is not a trading system. I just mentioned the way I trade on strong trend days. The basic theme is to trade aggressively when the market is cracking /bursting like popcorns in the popcorn machine.....nothing more to it.

Smart_trade

DanPickUp

The basic theme is to trade aggressively

http://www.thaiwaysmagazine.com/pattaya_ad/tiger_zoo/tiger_zoo.html

By the way: I was living near this zoo when I stayed in Thailand and I went there many times.

It is an incredible feeling when a few real tigers or even one stands just two or three meters far away from you and you can look in his eyes and see the beauty of this animal. That made me going to place again and again and again.

Beside that you could feed crocodiles and and see artist which took there heads in the mouth of some crocodiles. ( A good paid job, as long as you have the nerves to do it / around 30'000 Baht per month. ).

Tc

DanPickUp

Thanks for the photograph, Dan....

I like nature and wildlife. I like tigers because of their walk,the way they move, the poise and the raw confidence in their eyes......it is a beautiful animal.

Status
Not open for further replies.