The ways of the CNBC TV18 Analysts!

SEBI has slapped a fine of Rs 20 lakh on Mathew Easow of Kolkata-based Mathew Easow Fiscal Services for allegedly misleading investors through his investment recommendations on moneycontrol.com, a website owned by TV-18, which also manages CNBC-TV-18, a business television channel.

According to the market regulator, Easow took trading positions in four stocks Kalpana Industries, CESC, Ahlcon Parent and Albert David recommended them as possible buys to investors on the website and then subsequently started selling the stocks himself.

It is observed that Mathew Easow had given buy recommendations on all the above four scrips in the month of September 05 and he himself sold the said shares on the same month contrary to his recommendations, the Sebi order of September 26 said.

Earlier this year, Sebi had ordered Easow to stop offering recommendations about any investments in the securities market on any public media. It had also pulled up moneycontrol.com for not exercising due care and diligence in ensuring that people with proven credentials alone were allowed to give advice on the portal.

ON THE TRAIL
Easow took an opposite trading positions in four shares, says the regulator!
If CNBC TV18 knew about this how come Mathew Easow still comes on CNBC TV18 after being fined!!! Do they take the Indian investor community for suckers?

You beat me to it..

But U know what, everyone..I will be surprised if CNBC take Mathew off their panel even now.

After all, in true Indian tradition, they will have to give Mathew the benefit of doubt, meaning wait till his appeals against the order are disposed off.

And eventually , if he loses the appeals, they will make a martyr of him, and claim that he has been wronged, and tout him as a 'reformed' culprit, which means he would have become a hero by then

It would require a Rang de basanti kind of movement to rid our society of such ills.

Let's look around us : our leading icons are law breakers (and I dont have to name them all), and Mathew is just one of many new ones to achieve this iconic stature

AGILENT

You beat me to it..

But U know what, everyone..I will be surprised if CNBC take Mathew off their panel even now.

After all, in true Indian tradition, they will have to give Mathew the benefit of doubt, meaning wait till his appeals against the order are disposed off.

And eventually , if he loses the appeals, they will make a martyr of him, and claim that he has been wronged, and tout him as a 'reformed' culprit, which means he would have become a hero by then

It would require a Rang de basanti kind of movement to rid our society of such ills.

Let's look around us : our leading icons are law breakers (and I dont have to name them all), and Mathew is just one of many new ones to achieve this iconic stature

AGILENT
Well said Agilent

Regards
Suresh

Someone once said that most unsuccessful traders end up as analyst on CNBC TV18 so that they can use the channel to shore up their popularity and then fleece the vewers by charging them fees for their services.

In fact CNBC-TV18 offers you a FREE suitlength and other gifts for taking a online subscription with them! Just shows how desparate one can get. It would have been unthinkable of a responsible news channel touting analysts to sell newsletter subscriptions. I am sure the parent company in the USA would not approve of this.

swagat86

Guys just do a research. Every time they say vr BULLISh on CNBC, ul c market goin down. Play contra to the CnBC im sure ul make a lot of money.

Thats y its said. Dont folow a guru blindly. B ur own GURU.

Thanks

Hi, it is interesting to see that we see this. But the real issue is not CNBC or its parent company. This is all orchestrated and everyone is in cohoots here - the government, SEBI itself, CNBC, NBC et all. For this you should read up the Illuminati sites to understand the overall impact of all that happens.

Check these out:
http://users.cyberone.com.au/myers/
http://www.savethemales.ca/

Quoted from Makow's latest:

"Look at the mass media which they control. Do you see anything that warms your heart and reminds you of what it means to be human? Anything that expresses and fosters love for people? Anything that ennobles, (truly) educates, uplifts and empowers? Anything that encourages you to join with likeminded people and work together?"

Only knowledge will set us free, and once free, we must set others free.

AGILENT
The problem is the society of law breakers want icons who are not law breakers themselves. The icons are also the produce of this society only.

Let's begin the charity at home first and it applies to every citizen.

Best Regards,
--Ashish

Jokers in SAT have let off Easow and fined SEBI Rs 1 lac. Welcome to India. For proof against Easow pls see SEBi site - guy is an outright thief.

m