The Nifty Trading Lounge

DSM

The man who accurately predicted 4 market crashes told us 3 more dates to worry about this year - Lianna Brinded (edited excerpt)

http://uk.businessinsider.com/sandy...-dow-jones-market-crash-forecasts-2016-6?IR=T

(Taking liberty to post about 'Sandy Jadeja, an analyst who has predicted and timed four previous crashes. The reason for posting in Taurus's thread is because the prediction are time bases - as also followed by Taurus. For full article with charts, please go to the link, as I have not posted the charts displayed on the link)

The man who accurately predicted four market crashes to the exact date each time has told Business Insider about three more dates to worry about. Sandy Jadeja is a technical analyst and chief market strategist at Core Spreads.

Technical analysts look at charts to pinpoint patterns in various markets and asset classes. From that, they forecast which direction prices are likely to move in. They can't tell you the reasons why there will be a big market movement, only that there is going to be one. He now warns that the following dates spell trouble for the Dow Jones in the US that could spread to other markets.

1. Between August 26 and August 30, 2016.

2. September 26, 2016.

3. October 20, 2016.

"We have interesting times ahead of us. We are dealing with issues on so many levels from economic uncertainty in the financial markets including currencies and commodities as well as the rising house prices we have seen," said Jadeja in an interview. "I believe that using the information we have and embracing the tools and technology we have access to right now that we could use these to our advantage to prepare and protect as well as prepare and prosper." So, what's his secret?

In 2005, he said he warned 2,000 investors at a speaking event in Shanghai, China, a talk in New York at a Traders Expo, as well as banks and investment houses at a speaking event in Dubai about the property market crash - eight weeks before it happened. More recently, on July 31, 2015, before flying to Singapore to speak at a conference of more than 5,000 people, Jadeja warned investors on CNBC that something big would happen on August 18, and to "be prepared to bank profits and stand aside." There was then a flash crash where the Dow Jones Index lost 2,198 points (-12.5%) in just four trading days.

After that successful prediction, Jadeja told CNBC on August 28, 2015 that "there would be a further decline commencing on September 14 or 17, 2015 Then, yet again the Dow Jones fell -991 points (-5.8%) over 8 trading days. And then on October 1, 2015 and in November, he told CNBC again that "January 4, 2016 would face a bearish mood and see the markets fall despite the bullish consensus on Wall Street." On that date, US markets and other global indexes fell sharply where the Dow Jones shaved off -1955 points (-11.2%) over 11 trading days.

Technical analysts use historical charts to spot patterns in the markets. They cannot tell you what event will move the markets, they can only tell you when a shift is likely to happen. And we are in for some big bumps on the road to 2018, Jadeja said.

"We are currently in a very dangerous time zone between 2011 until 2018. This is an 84-year cycle [called the 'Time Cycle'] and the previous cycle appeared during 1928 until 1934 where the Great Depression took place," he said.

"This exact same cycle is what we are in right now. And so I am worried that we could see a potential threat to our economy in the current 'Time Cycle' we are witnessing right now," said Jadeja. "We have a situation. This lasts until 2018 for this particular cycle. And my worry is that we could see sudden sharp declines take place and tripping investors if they are not prepared," he said.

Jadeja is convinced that the sudden declines will take place on three dates - between August 26 and August 30, September 26 , and October 20, 2016 - in this "time cycle." But while it sounds bad, at least investors can take the market warnings on board and prepare themselves. "We can use market data to help us forecast price targets and when we see price and time meet together there is a stronger than average potential for major turns in global markets," he said.

wisp

I was stopped out, the reversal is too close to a "high" date to be ignored.

The 14th low came on the 13th, so I assumed that the next high of the 15th would also be a day early....... it could be that the 15th high is on time, which will be known today.

A 2 day offset is selectively operating which could push this high to the 17th.
The 14th to 17th is inversion territory......... the 20th is the mother of all WRBs so get ready for it.

So.......... here comes 20th with the news of REXIT, no much doubt about the color of the WRB I think :D anyway, let's see what language the market speaks today.

Taurus1

On the 17th, I was wondering how there could be a WRB, as there was no major buying or selling happening before the brexit vote, but the Universe has it's own plan which cannot be diverted

Raghuram Rajan pours cold water on speculations, says won't accept second term
http://economictimes.indiatimes.com...t-accept-second-term/articleshow/52809474.cms

The main impact of this will be felt in the rupee value

Posted on 16th Jun, 4 days ago
The 14th to 17th is inversion territory......... the 20th is the mother of all WRBs so get ready for it.

Posted on 13th Jun, 7 days ago
My short call position continues.............
The 23rd is the final and lowest low for the month of June
Sgx - 67

Taurus1

My short call position continues.............
Yesterday, I closed the short calls and bought a few Nifty calls, to be sold on the 23rd.
European markets are rushing up as though the brexit vote is over...... it isn't.

Major blockbuster release scheduled for July, don't miss it for the world.

wisp

Yesterday, I closed the short calls and bought a few Nifty calls, to be sold on the 23rd.
European markets are rushing up as though the brexit vote is over...... it isn't.

Major blockbuster release scheduled for July, don't miss it for the world.
are you expecting a mother of all WRBs still? 1 or two days off?

What about the 23rd low? is that not going to happen now?

Do you factor anything other than time cycles in your calculations (Brexit here for example?)

natjay

Looking at the market movement in these two days, it seems as if:

Brexit uncertainty > Rajan exit + FDI relaxation

Specially with Soros et al entering the fray, it's gotten interesting.

Taurus1

Sold out and waiting on the sidelines............

A lot of worry over Brexit, it's just another giant conjob like the Fed meet and the Greek debt.
Here is how it goes.

If the vote goes to 'stay', then there will be much fanfare and celebration.............

If the vote goes to 'exit', then immediately 'technical grounds' will be 'discovered' as to why the exit cannot take place right now, and a target date for the actual exit will be set a few months ahead.

Remember, in the case of the Greek debt, the whole world knew 3 years ago, that Greece could not repay the money, but until the hard default take place, Greece has not defaulted.
Same principle applies here, until the actual exit happens, all of this is total bullshite.

If all else fails, this is a non binding referendum.

European markets have already run up by 7% in anticipation of 'stay', so the vote is already priced in.

Posted on 13th Jun, 10 days ago
This is what happens when the low of the month gets manipulated into the high of the month ----> Sgx -195

NANDAMAD

Sold out and waiting on the sidelines............

A lot of worry over Brexit, it's just another giant conjob like the Fed meet and the Greek debt.
Here is how it goes.

If the vote goes to 'stay', then there will be much fanfare and celebration.............

If the vote goes to 'exit', then immediately 'technical grounds' will be 'discovered' as to why the exit cannot take place right now, and a target date for the actual exit will be set a few months ahead.

Remember, in the case of the Greek debt, the whole world knew 3 years ago, that Greece could not repay the money, but until the hard default take place, Greece has not defaulted.
Same principle applies here, until the actual exit happens, all of this is total bullshite.

If all else fails, this is a non binding referendum.

European markets have already run up by 7% in anticipation of 'stay', so the vote is already priced in.

Posted on 13th Jun, 10 days ago

This is what happens when the low of the month gets manipulated into the high of the month ----> Sgx -195
please explain what you mean by *when low of the month gets manipulated
into high of the month*

Taurus1

please explain what you mean by *when low of the month gets manipulated
into high of the month*
On calculation, the low of the month was on the 23rd .......... but in anticipation of a "stay" vote, there was continous buying until it became a high.

Sometimes, I think that the world has become too predictable
Good news for India: Brexit to take Fed rate hike off the agenda in ’16
http://economictimes.indiatimes.com...off-the-agenda-in-16/articleshow/52914986.cms
Any excuse will do to not hike rates, does this mean if there is another vote and Britain stays, there will be a rate hike ?

A second vote is being called for, on the grounds that the first vote never had a 75% turnout and parliament can be asked to decide if another vote is required.

These are the choices open .......
Cancel the first vote on grounds there was no 75% turnout
OR
Have another vote and see what happens
OR
Start negotiations to leave the EU,which can take upto 2 years
Note that all 3 choices effectively have the same result to "stay"

As three million people sign a petition for a second EU referendum we ask - could it actually happen?
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/201...-actually-have-a-second-referendum-on-brexit/