The Nifty Trading Lounge

gopicbin1

Ok, Taurus you are rocking

@ Taurus

Do you track crude oil? If so, could you share your view here. Seems bottomed out at 27 level and not looking back at all. The reason for asking this question is, I Would like to add few oil stocks for my long portfolio. So your view will greatly assist me. Thanks

Taurus1

hmm.. SBI results on 27th.
Congratulations TP, on becoming the moderator :thumb:
26th is the bottom for Sbi

@ Taurus

Do you track crude oil? If so, could you share your view here. Seems bottomed out at 27 level and not looking back at all. The reason for asking this question is, I Would like to add few oil stocks for my long portfolio. So your view will greatly assist me. Thanks
I have no data for any commodity, more important is this.
What is the correlation and covariance between oil prices and oil company stock prices?
Visually check it, the result will surprise you.

Posted on 11th May, 12 days ago
On the 5th, I got stopped out, target of 7611 holds good.

The lowest low of May is on the 26th
7611 is in the pipeline, I am holding short Nifty calls and BN puts....... to be dumped by tomorrow.

From the 27th, Banknifty weekly options start ...... this is a hhuuuuuugge opportunity for retail option buyers.
In the US, weeklies are the fastest growing segment.... some 2800% growth is the last 6 years.

The ITL will see big numbers, 1000% a month is no big deal.

Taurus1

Posted on 18th May, 8 days ago
There is a high and low coinciding on the same day, the 26th.... be prepared for extreme volat.
Get ready for it

Taurus1 what are you views now ? Was today an inversion or are we still looking at a downmove ?
There is no inversion. I was expecting a big upmove ....... after the 26th. The reversal has come early in line with other markets running up.

The high of this move is on the 1st/2nd June, also the high for the month.
From there sideways for some time

I'm holding Nifty calls bought yesterday, to be dumped on the 2nd.......

Taurus1

A Bank nifty WRB, and Nifty semi WRB is in the pipeline, most probably today....... or 1 day delay.
Bank nifty weeklies will do at least 400%...... the trick is to get a good entry.

Posted on 26th May, 5 days in advance

In case the WRB comes today, I will close my call position and sell calls at 3:25..... while the premium is boiling.

I have no data for any commodity, more important is this.
What is the correlation and covariance between oil prices and oil company stock prices?
Visually check it, the result will surprise you.
Thanks for your reply. Actually, I assumed that when crude oil recovers then stocks and sector related to it should also raise like oil-exploration and drilling sector (cairn india, ONGC, aban offshore etc.,) due to pricing power--companies can able to realize better EPS and so on.

NANDAMAD

A Bank nifty WRB, and Nifty semi WRB is in the pipeline, most probably today....... or 1 day delay.
Bank nifty weeklies will do at least 400%...... the trick is to get a good entry.

Posted on 26th May, 5 days in advance

In case the WRB comes today, I will close my call position and sell calls at 3:25..... while the premium is boiling.
Bank weeklies will do atleast 400%. I did not get you Kindly can you elaborate. Sorry for my ignorance.

Taurus1

Thanks for your reply. Actually, I assumed that when crude oil recovers then stocks and sector related to it should also raise like oil-exploration and drilling sector (cairn india, ONGC, aban offshore etc.,) due to pricing power--companies can able to realize better EPS and so on.
Assumptions can be very expensive.
I manually backtest any method that I use by taking out 50 random instances and then verifying the result.
The same result may not hold good for the future, but I know what to expect.

Bank weeklies will do atleast 400%. I did not get you Kindly can you elaborate. Sorry for my ignorance.
These are Banknifty options from NSE that expire in 1 week
https://www.nseindia.com/live_marke...-&segmentLink=17&symbolCount=2&segmentLink=17

If you know how to time your entry and get the corrrect strike price, 500% to 1000% is possible.
My best is 10 cents to 2$ in the US.

Posted on 26th May, 7 days in advance

The moment of truth is here, is this the high for the month??
I closed my longs yesterday, and sold Nifty and Banknifty calls, stop for all is 8310 s

Sgx at 8265, 26 pts up

Taurus1

The high of June 3rd is set to get broken in the gap up..... it is possible to go even further up after which it will fall flat.

My stop for my short calls is at 8310 s, and if stopped out I will short again after it comes down.
According to the man on the street, there is a strong case for a rate hike, but then when did facts ever really matter?

Nobody expects the Rbi to cut rates, still the institutional bbuulllss are always looking for free money any possible way they can get it.

Not bothered about RBI's policy review, market eyes Raghuram Rajan's second term
http://economictimes.indiatimes.com...m-rajans-second-term/articleshow/52612907.cms

Sgx at 8274, 43 up