• The Holy Grail EXISTS AND I KNOW IT

Votes: 28 16.2%
  • The Holy Grail EXISTS AND I DON'T KNOW IT

Votes: 15 8.7%
  • Don't care

Votes: 30 17.3%

• Total voters

intellibitz

1. When Bradman failed, he failed in a big way. He failed often, more than the others. Until he reached 50, he was quite human.
2. When he posted big scores, he was very good but only comparable to the other equally good players in these aspects of the game.
3. It is at the level of 50 that he completely overshadowed others. He reached this level over 50% of the time and posted an average of nearly 150 when he crossed 50. These two factors together account for the 60% increase he had in the key measures.
4. From a different angle, he posted a way-above figure on the Balls per innings and boasted of a very high career strike rate. These two factors together also account for the 60% increase he had in the key measures.

http://www.espncricinfo.com/blogs/content/story/621403.html

intellibitz

A gambler comes to a standstill, repentance seizes him, he renounces all gambling. Although he has been standing on the brink of the abyss, repentance nevertheless hangs on to him, and it seems to be successful. Living withdrawn as he does now, possibly saved, he one day sees the body of a man drawn out on the Seine: a suicide, and this was a gambler just as he himself had been, and he knew that this gambler had struggled, had fought a desperate battle to resist his craving. My gambler had loved this man, not because he was a gambler, but because he was better than he was. What then? It is unnecessary to consult romances and novels, but even a religious speaker would very likely break off my story a little earlier and have it end with my gambler, shocked by the sight, going home and thanking God for his rescue. Stop. First of all we should have a little explanation, a judgment pronounced on the other gambler; every life that is not thoughtless eo ipso indirectly passes judgment. If the other gambler had been callous, then he could certainly conclude: He did not want to be saved. But this was not the case. No, my gambler is a man who has understood the old saying de te narrator fabula [ the tale is told to you]; he is no modern fool who believes that everyone should court the colossal task of being able to rattle off something that applies to the whole human race but not to himself. So what judgment shall he pass, and he cannot keep from doing it, for this de te is for him the most sacred law of life, because, it is the covenant of humanity.

Soren Kierkegaard Stages on Life's Way p. 477-478 Hong

hitesh

Thanks for the thoughts...........

Some quotes from "ART OF WAR" by SUN TZU which are even true for traders.

1. It is said that if you know your enemies and know yourself, you will not be imperiled in a hundred battles; if you do not know your enemies but do know yourself, you will win one and lose one; if you do not know your enemies nor yourself, you will be imperiled in every single battle.

2. He who knows when he can fight and when he cannot will be victorious.

3. What is essential in war is victory, not prolonged operations.

4. Victorious warriors win first and then go to war, while defeated warriors go to war first and then seek to win.

5. THERE ARE ROADS WHICH MUST NOT BE FOLLOWED, ARMIES WHICH MUST NOT BE ATTACKED, TOWNS WHICH MUST NOT BE BESIEGED, POSITIONS WHICH MUST NOT BE CONTESTED, COMMANDS OF THE SOVEREIGN WHICH MUST NOT BE OBEYED.

6. Strategy without tactics is the slowest route to victory. Tactics without strategy is the noise before defeat.

7. Opportunities multiply as they are seized.

8. In peace prepare for war. In war prepare for peace.