The Guppy Multiple Moving Average

sh50

Thanks for the guiledline, linuxstroll. Must admit that you are living up to the linux spirit of sharing knowledge.

I didn't understand MACD 5,25,5- I presume this is against the conventional MACD averages? Just confirming.

Thanks again for clear cut guideline. There is a doubt however. People insist on 60,30 min chart for exiting swing trades. Going by your guideline,( enter in 5min chart using 1h chart direction; exit using 1h chart) for swing trades you are suggesting (1h chart to trade upto 6-12 days), here it would imply 1hour for both entry and exit? Or maybe 30min for entering and 1hour for exiting.
This of course if one takes swing trading to be within this timeframe.

Traderji, thanks for the guideline. In a nutshell, in daily template, the short term guppy MA would indicate short term and long term MA would indicate intermediate. In the weekly, short term MA would be intermediate and long term MA, long term. Is this right. I am presuming that whatever I had written in my previous post is right since you have not contradicted it. Thanks.

Last edited:
3D Rainbow chart works well for me sh50... Try it...
I use:
EMA 1-5 (red) (interval 1:: i.e. 1,2,3,4,5)
EMA 6-15 (yellow) (interval 1)
EMA 17-41 (green) (interval 2 :: i.e. 17, 19, 21,...,41)
EMA 44-74 (cyan) (interval 3)
EMA 78-122 (indego or blue) (interval 4)
EMA 125-200 (purple) (interval 5)

I use 3h, 30min and 5min (scalping) charts from Oanda for ForEx...

Also check out this link too -- It is similar to my approach...
http://www.incrediblecharts.com/forums/messages/10/338844.html

Credit goes to Daryl Guppy and Alan Hull to spark the Multiple Moving Average idea...

Cheers,
--
Linuxtroll

Dearest traderji and sh50,
For carrying out my task(which has been taken by myself only) ofbringing into notice this article,I hereby make this post.
Regards,
joy_mitali

Hi
This is my first post on this forum. I am new to technicals though I am associated with the markets for a pretty long time now.
I am new to using metastock. If you could please help me with this
I have put the values for GMMA Long and short term in the indicator builder, I do not understand that how do i change the colour for the long and the short term avgs. the default colour is red. I have even tried creating different indicators for the Long Term and the short term Avgs but I do not know how to change the colour for the same. My ques are
1 How can the colours be changed
2 The Long term and the short term can they be breated in the same indicator or Do i need to create seperate indicators for them.

Please help

Last edited:
your info on daryl guppys mma was good i would like to add something on it for more reference on how to take good use of it in many ways I would refer a site ie
www.wilsontechstats.com/software/mmaconstruction.htm please visit this site for a lots of more formulas om mmas daryl guppy is a senior trader in australia and is known for creating the wonder full multiple moving averagws

Hi
I was looking at HINDLEVER using the GMMA Long and Short terms Avgs. Though it looks good on the charts could you please have a look at the charts and let me know whether it is ok to take trades at this levels. Though I have taken a trade today @ 141/- and it has closed at a higher level. Please advise and also what further indicators apart from the GMMA could one look into to enter and exit scrips.

pkjha30

This is really wonderful.The beauty of the explanation lies in its simplicity.
I am no technical analyst nor I am a trader. But GMMA gave some idea about the way stock prices behave and in my limited experience i have seen it broadly conform to the trend but for certain factors:
Such as sudden development on policy front or management restructuring of management , overall sectoral growth and plain and simple unexpected windfall or debacle as WTC tragedy etc which can not be predicted on the chart and will reflect only post event.
I will certainly track this thread to gain further knowledge.

Thanks a lot agian Traderji. I think you should be called Guruji and we all be your Shishyas.

tachy

Hi, if you look more carefully you will notice that previous crossover points of the two EMA clusters will offer resistance or support for future price movements. Especially if the two clusters were intertwined for longer periods of time.

Tachy