The Best Trading System

What do you like or dislike on this thread?

• Like: Trading Theory, Psy Ops, Myth Busters

Votes: 22 37.3%
  • Like: Trading Systems

Votes: 20 33.9%
  • Like: Everything on this thread

Votes: 32 54.2%
  • Dislike: Too much theory, not enough actionable items

Votes: 4 6.8%
  • Dislike: Systems discussed are found as useless

Votes: 1 1.7%
  • Dislike: Everything on this thread

Votes: 2 3.4%

• Total voters
And one more thing, though i have stopped using indicators like RSI/MACD etc i was wondering if overlaying an RSI on OBV would bring more value to my charts. Just want to test them. Can you tell me how to overlay RSI on OBV in Amibroker. I do not want an AFL. Just want to check its efficacy to see if it helps me time it any better as of present.
If you could guide me today, i can test it today and tomorrow and make a fresh start on monday. See if i can change my mind about them.
use RSIa instead of RSI
or CCIa instead of CCI

and setup in the same way you did with other indicators

as RSI and CCI are Fixed cannot change input data series but can do it with RSIa and CCIa

If you need any other inputs, let us know

Happy :)

Am logging out,
going for my weekly /weekend walks :)
will be back after 7 PM, if you can't configure it
will post the code after 7

Tuna

Listen and act, don't ask it, it doesn't oblige
Tuna ji i would like to post a chart with your permission. It is of advanced nature and something beyond what we are discussing right now. It is something which i thought off very recently. Only on your consent i will post it and ask questions as to how to trade it so that i get to know whether people are on the same page as me.
No need to be formal. As I told, permission not needed as long as we sharing knowhow. Go ahead. Feel at home.

None taken (malice or ulterior intentions). :thumb:

I have a different view about it . . .

Those who want to learn, will learn irrespective of anything . . .

and those who want to collect AFLs will keep doing it, so we just let them be . . .

No doubt about that as you have posted your charts out there in public
also seen your discussions on (Mudra)

BTW the AFL & Parameter window was shared here on TJ even before today's discussion,
Yesterday morning to be precise, can check the link here

http://www.traderji.com/amibroker/90119-simple-coding-help-no-promise-476.html#post1199429

Cheers

Happy :)

HI Varun Bro,

It was me who requested for it. Happy tried to help on my request as he does Normally to help lot of newbies like us. I was very curious to test this filter along with Tuna's pull back method. sorry for that :mad:

Thanks a lot for providing such a nice indicator.

This thread is going like SUPERFAST

Coming back to my post. Well i would be posting a chart of Spreads of Bank Nifty options. The spread would be the difference in rates between calls and Puts of the same strike price. On prelimnary examination it seems to be giving excellent results. This should help people circumvent their way around Gamma, theta ... Blach Scholes and all that gibberish.

This is the spread between 18800 pe and Ce of current expiry(25th.Jan) The corresponding price of the PE when the spreadline went above 200EMA was around Rs.40 and the CE was around Rs.330. On getting this signal if one was to buy just one PE at 40 and Sell a call at 330 they went on to make a high and a low of Rs.110 (PE) and Rs.145 (CE). So only one pair profits would have been (70+185=255) * 40 = Rs.10200 intraday. Some food for thought. What say ?

Tuna

Listen and act, don't ask it, it doesn't oblige
Taking yesterdays discussion forward.Tuna ji how would you have traded crude yesterday based on your system. Pls treat this as a healthy discussion.

No worries, discussion with me will be always healthy. I actually made a big one yesterday which I did not post, based on own systems. I posted the chart only for the new one with OBV which I am testing. I will show you the chart of that trade based on my bb cci system on next post. Right now not in front of my system. But let me acknowledge your concept is really good, else I would have not have build a new one and testing it. OBV adds a whole new dimension to trading decision making. Its nice !!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The system was discussed here:

My Trading Concept # 7

Here it is for yesterday:

And as I already said (Power of confluence @ Concept # 4), I don't decide on a single system and lowest TF for my trading is 3 mins, decision making based on Hourly and Daily for the day bias.

I always look at the bigger picture before making my calls. On my Daily EMA ST view, the price was showing the potential of bouncing on from Daily STI level, holding above 100 EMA, and breaching 50 EMA - Perfect recipe for going long, only fools would have gone shorting that day.

All I am saying:

Everyone has a different way to game the market. One needs to find out which one works for him instead of hoping around systems. But one thing that does not cause any harm, checking the bigger picture (higher TF on Hourly or Daily) before deciding on lower TF which one to take and which one to skip. Saves a lot of the whipsaws.

I am in the profit zone since last 5 years, consistently (recovering loss of last 6 years before that) - all using lagging indicators.

And I don't add, I go full size, I exit and I re-enter. Works like charm. Happy Bro is already aware of the MTF STI system we have been checking as a top of this concept.

Anyways, appreciate that all the values you brought to this thread and the new system I am testing (on 5mins), is looking great as well.

One request,

For easier readability, if you can post your thoughts in a single or double post a day and may another post answering query, it will help others to comprehend and read your trading concepts little more easily. Hope that is ok with you.

We could have added another pair when it came down near the blue line during the day or could have made adds at relevant points as per our earlier discussions and really could have made around 40/50000 intraday. Our SL could have been the blue line.