Teledata Info - Low Price Stock Pick

Guyz,
I have been tracking this stock for quite some time.I totally agree with many of your views that this is a operator driven stock.It is evident as last week one day there were no buyers and the next day there were no sellers.Do you think any stock with genuine investors interest can have this kind of pattern?

Also look at the announcements company makes.It informs exchange at least once in a quarter that it has acquired some xyz company in abc country.hmm

Now the big news that they are demerging the company and make 3 entities by April 2007.Teledata Informatics,Teledata Marine Solutions (phew) and Teledata Technology Solutions.This they say will further enhance their business.Something very interesting to note about this announcement is that they say for every 100 shares of Teledata Informatics that you own you will get

100 shares of Teledata Informatics
50 shares of Teledata Marine Solutions
50 shares of Teledata Technology solutions.

They say face value of each share would be 2Rs.Which means the current face value of 10Rs would be 2Rs after the demerger(Phew).So by the end of it you will have only 300 shares as opposed to 500shares(If face value is made 2 then 100 shares should be 500 shares after the demerger isn't it? where did rest 200 shares go? This is the corporate announcement that company released to both NSE & BSE.Strange isn't it?)

Well finally to the question that I have been asking myself.How can all these be fake when company has such a good balance sheet?Having a book value of more than 50 Rs and P/E ratio of less than 3 is just incredible for a technlogy stock.This is precisely the reason I bought 10000 shares @ 9.75 :)
I checked with few of my borkers.They said even they were wondering why the stock didn't go up.They told me that they came to know that management is not reliable and company and products are kinda fake.I still do not understand this as if they show good balance sheet they will have to pay the taxes.
One thing for sure.No doubt in my mind that it is operator driven.Be carefull while you invest.

Best Regards,
Abhi

kkseal

The Achilles' Heels for this stock is the very low promoter holding. If i remember correctly the last time i checked it was around 10%. Now how can investors have faith in a company where the promoters themselves keep offloading shares at the first available opportunity?
So the stk is left at the mercy of short term punters/operators.

Technically, even if it manages to move up a bit the huge supply overhang pushes it down again.

I feel only a management change can salvage this one.

Hi All,
There are rumours that rakesh junjanwala is taking positions in this stock hence it is going up? In my earlier post I had told you guys to be carefull while investing into this stock.When the company made the last anouncement of list of demerged entities they added one more company "Sirius Shipping" :)

Anyways I am not sure about this scrip.Looking at balance sheet it looks pretty good.But looks like rally is operator driven.I checked the company web site.They have 18 subsidiries(Various companies acquired recently :) ) and links to each web site.If some one can trace the I/P of each of these web sites may be we will know the truth.i.e if they are hosted on a same server definitely it is very suspicious(As companies they acquired would have opted for different hosting servers) Any techies here could check this & revert back?

Disclosure: I hold 10000 shares bought at 9.75Rs

Best Regards,
Abhi

Hi Abhi

Your idea is good. I have checked and most of the links are pointing to the same server. Anyone can check just typing <tracert url>. For example to check the site http://www.teledata-usa.com/ hit
tracert teledata-usa.com
you will get Tracing route to teledata-usa.com [206.65.169.10]
as first line.

so check for the different subsidaries. If other url also returning same IP [206.65.169.10] meaning you are right.

Hope this may help
S.Saba

....I checked the company web site.They have 18 subsidiries(Various companies acquired recently :) ) and links to each web site.If some one can trace the I/P of each of these web sites may be we will know the truth.i.e if they are hosted on a same server definitely it is very suspicious(As companies they acquired would have opted for different hosting servers) Any techies here could check this & revert back?
Hi Abhi,

Pls try this:-

http://toolbar.netcraft.com/site_report?url=http://www.teledata-usa.com
or
http://www.fifi.org/services/traceroute

Regards
Siva

Hi Siva/Saba,
Thanks for providing me useful information.In fact I did check the I/P of hosts and though majority of them had 206.65.169.10 as their host, there were few others as well.
Now I am relieved that all those might not be fake! Just wonder why Teledata is so keen on acquiring small companies :)

Best Regards,
Abhi