Technical Analysis - Stock Pick

Nice consolidation with a breakout on Friday....sweet buy over the high of Friday.But if the Friday bar b/out fails and the low is taken out,may be an equally nice short.Always sweet to short a failed breakout.A wait and watch for now.

Looking more bearish now after market close.....that whole breakout bar on Friday has been nullified today.Was looking juicy after Friday ....don't think so anymore!!

BOI looks to me a overbought share. No clear cut trend line visible at present. On candlestic a Bullish formation is visible on 1/06/05. Would like to wait till more clear pattern is visible.

jnaik22

Dear jnaik22

could you tell me the right way of buing shares in quantity. Can I buy in numbers like 20 , 50, 100 or 500 ... in the shares where the price is steadily increasing.

ganapathy

ganapathy said:
Dear jnaik22

could you tell me the right way of buing shares in quantity. Can I buy in numbers like 20 , 50, 100 or 500 ... in the shares where the price is steadily increasing.

ganapathy
I normally follow the rule of 1/3. Whatever you want to buy depending on your sector wise exposure and total investible amount,if say I decide to buy 300 shares of IDBI. I will first buy 100. If the market is going up as per my trend anticipation, i buy again 100. if the market starts moving against trend ,I stop. and put stop loss. If it again goes up I again purchase rest of 100.

Experience traders advice me that if you are long,then each new trade should be on a higher side. If u are short each new trade should be on a lower side.Please do not and I repeat do not fall in the trap of averaging out. Unless you have a 2 -3 years long term view.

jnaik22