Technical Analysis - Fibonacci Trading

AJAY said:
Dear raj,
Can you be a little elaborative on this. My dull head is getting confused?
Thanks in advance
AJAY
Ajay, the previous position describes the every leg of the Nifty for that past.

There are different fib levels u find in every leg of the stock on the past movements. The levels are 0.0, 38.2, 50.0, 61.8, 100, 123.6 and so on. Each level acts as stiff resistance/ supports for upward or downward trend.

So when the current trend is moving up and each one of the above levels acts as a stiff resistance.

Hope I can make something sense.

Ajay, If you still feel it was not more elaborative, let me know. Will try to do post much better

Regards
Raj

trader31339 said:
ACE TRADER,
yes its called as price time projection.We have to see how much correction we are having in how much time.
You mean to say fib-time scale and fib-price scale should meet at some point and that particular point is the most likely level to be touched. Please correct me if my undersanding is wrong on any place.

Thanks & Regards,

I would like to know what are the various TA tools offered by sites such as Indiabulls, 5paisa, Kotak etc. for intraday analysis. Any feedback from users of these services would be appreciated.

Thanks in advance
regards.

As we are talking about Fibonacci Trading I want to share something that I found when I was using Fibonacci numbers in my software.I use FCharts for analysis.Now I saw that whenever any scrip price start falling it is supported at that fibonacci number or percentage where the price touches the 20 day moving avarage.I am uploading the chart of nifty to prove this.See when ever the price has come down it has come upto its 20 day moving avg.I find this thing very useful for trading stocks.whenever a scrip gives breakout(MACD crossover) I wait for the time when it goes up and come down at 20 day moving avg and I buy the scrip and sell it at or near its previous high.

Attachments

helllo buddy,
i do also track stocks with some new breakouts and downTrend,Fibonacci gives one some idea where its heading towards when stock will enter into blue sky zone,but cant give exact one' WATCH GVK POWER AND INFRASTRUCTURE. 17 MAY 2006 STOCK HAS GIVEN BREAKOUT on above close of 322 seems like stock is heading towards 335 385. watch on wednesday. if markt does well again
well if you like to discuss about techncials levels kindly mail me at
[email protected]
hope you will mail me back
Bye

johngreen said:
in order find the retracement level what u have to do is, suppose the sensex rallied from 10800 to 11000 then
11000-10800=200
then multipy this 200 with 0.382(200 *0.382=76.4)
now minus that rounded figure 76 from 11000 so sensex will take support at 10924.

if the down trend continues then instead of 0.382 u have to multiply with 0.618 and do the same steps.

so 10877 will be the next step.
Can you tell me why we have to multply with 0.382 when upside and 0.618 when downside. Is this a constant figures to multiply with.

in order find the retracement level what u have to do is, suppose the sensex rallied from 10800 to 11000 then
11000-10800=200
then multipy this 200 with 0.382(200 *0.382=76.4)
now minus that rounded figure 76 from 11000 so sensex will take support at 10924.

if the down trend continues then instead of 0.382 u have to multiply with 0.618 and do the same steps.

so 10877 will be the next step.
Sir, you have well explained the Fibonacci technique with the help of Index. I am new to this technique, and need more such work-out examples to get a concrete idea. But I have encountered with a calculator where they want some data to find out two points "A" and "B". which data are relevant is it days' HIGH and LOW ? Will you help ?

Dear All,

I am user of Advanced Get EOD. But i am not really sure how to use Fib Time on the charts. I have asked the guys who sold me the software but they are also not very clear about that.

Can someone help me with how do we use the Fib Time???

Thanks in advance,

Abhi