Teach A Man To Fish And.........

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi Jignesh,
Try downloading this file http://www.traderji.com/technical-analysis/6072-teach-man-fish.html#post165200.

Saint's work is nicely recompiled by ECKO. this could be of good help for you.

regards,
Tapaswi.S

Saint Bhai,

hats off to you.. u can make it very simple, but the problem is i am very new here and have completed only 5 pages of ur post, and it's 128, how can i go through all these?

Do you think that i should follow the learning in sequence only. means i should read from the first page to last, no matter how long it takes?

What i felt is that i want to read the whole thing, coz it's such a nice lesson and i am a dumb student.
I still have some difficulty understanding ur lessons, but at this initial stage, i can understand 70-75% of it.

I feel I am very late finding this forum..

Thank you and God bless you for such a kind work.

regards

New born,

Jignesh

Saint Bhai,

hats off to you.. u can make it very simple, but the problem is i am very new here and have completed only 5 pages of ur post, and it's 128, how can i go through all these?

Do you think that i should follow the learning in sequence only. means i should read from the first page to last, no matter how long it takes?

What i felt is that i want to read the whole thing, coz it's such a nice lesson and i am a dumb student.
I still have some difficulty understanding ur lessons, but at this initial stage, i can understand 70-75% of it.

I feel I am very late finding this forum..

Thank you and God bless you for such a kind work.

regards

New born,

Jignesh
Lots of knowledge scattered about here and there,lots of ramblings,some gibberish here and some babbling there..........tried to simplify as much as possible.

Hmm,sequence of learning?You are asking the wrong person.....tend to read books and newspapers from the back and then all over the place.

So,for a start....just read!Don't go abt analysing how to read,what to read,where to start......Just read!That's your first step in a very long climb ahead.

Saint

jamit_05

Thanks SGM.

Thank you SGM, for pointing me towards this thread.

This thread has solid ideas, more so cuz they are simple and clear.

My concern right now is: Now that stocks are in a confirmed downtrend, what do Traders do? Will these concepts readily apply to other markets like commodities or forex?

Kindly advice.

Amit.

Re: Thanks SGM.

Thank you SGM, for pointing me towards this thread.

This thread has solid ideas, more so cuz they are simple and clear.

My concern right now is: Now that stocks are in a confirmed downtrend, what do Traders do? Will these concepts readily apply to other markets like commodities or forex?

Kindly advice.

Amit.
Hi Amit,

Trends apply to all markets and al time frames.......but some are just too scratchy to observe any trend,and therefore we are given the free will to keep away from trading such charts(if you are a trend follower,that is.)

Now that we are in a confirmed downtrend,our mission is to short any rally and cover off during the declines.......if you are an intermediate uptrend trader and do not do Futures,then your aim is to capture and squueze the trend out of an intermed uptrend,and once that trend cracks and charts put up an intermed dntrend(like now),then sit it out.......Have a good time with your family,enjoy,go for a vacation........but get your cash ready,and once charts signal a resumption of an uptrend,then you are back in business.

All the best!
Saint

jamit_05

Hi Amit,

then sit it out.......Have a good time with your family,enjoy,go for a vacation........but get your cash ready,and once charts signal a resumption of an uptrend,then you are back in business.

All the best!
Saint
Yes, that is good suggestion... anytime is a good time for a vacation :)

However, the downward trend or the sideways one can go on for months, if not years. What does one do then? Specially this downtrend looks like will be an extended one.

What would you suggest?

Amit. Jain

Yes, that is good suggestion... anytime is a good time for a vacation :)

However, the downward trend or the sideways one can go on for months, if not years. What does one do then? Specially this downtrend looks like will be an extended one.

What would you suggest?

Amit. Jain
Bring your time frame that you trade to shorter term ...... if truly a primary dntrend starts,you could still make money in the short term up moves.Or you could learn how to short using futures.

But in a primary dntrend,forget all the buys and holds that may have worked for you in the last 5 years.

Saint

Bring your time frame that you trade to shorter term ...... if truly a primary dntrend starts,you could still make money in the short term up moves.Or you could learn how to short using futures.

But in a primary dntrend,forget all the buys and holds that may have worked for you in the last 5 years.

Saint
Really, this downtrend is too frustrating. Right now I'm sitting with cash. And watching the daily charts of every companies traded on the NSE to find glimpse of an uptrend that I can trade. But it's totally full of dry sands everywhere......as far as I can see upto the horizon......not getting even a drop of water to drink.
And being a starter, I haven't garnered sufficient cash levels to play in the derivatives segment......had I been, I'd have got plenty of opportunities to short.
Anyway, I'm just waiting. A consequetive higher highs and lows.....and I'll jump in like a hungry tiger made to fast for centuries.

Status
Not open for further replies.