Teach a Dumb-Fool Student of Mkt.

U

uasish

To revive the Glory of this Forum ;we need to seggregate the actual Knowledge seekers from People's
who are here to utilize this Forum's platform for Self Financial benifit.I have no objection to it,but that is
Leading to-wards an unhealthy ambience.With this Thread ,my intention is to bring a Healthy discussion
on Basics to := Trend / Buy Hold / etc.(Mostly people are here to get Tips.)
(Let us see like all my previous attempt of New Threads this also dies prematuredly,becoz of non-
participation.)

This is a simple exploration report in Metastock ;the Up coloum means when any stock closed above it's
earlier day's close then 'Up' & vice - versa is 'Down' & if on any day the closing is at the same price as it's
earlier day then 'Same'.The exploration is done for 1000 bars on NSE stocks.
Example
The 1st stock is 3m India Ltd the 1st col = 503 Up days next col is 487 Down days & 3rd col is 10
days having same close as earlier day.All 3 col addition is equal to 1000 .

Select any stock of this list & find out it's closing value 1000 bars ago & last Friday's value ,in your
chart,then calculate the % Gain / Loss & then also find out the No of days Up & No of day's Down.
On this back drop ; plz expain the story,how this abnormal Gain / Loss HAPPENED ? LOGICALY.

As i am very slow in understanding any thing at conceptual level ,I vaguely remember 5 to 6 months ago
i had this same query in one of my post,did'nt got an answer then,hence
attempting once more.
NB: I am having some problem with Office 2003 ;if you cant open this Excel sheet then the codes are
colA:= Up
a:= Sum(If(C > Ref(C,-1),1,0),1000);
a;
colB:= Dn
a:= Sum(If(C < Ref(C,-1),1,0),1000);
a;
colC:= Same
a:= Sum(If(C = Ref(C,-1),1,0),1000);
a;

Last edited by a moderator:
U

uasish

This is basics.I am yet to be taught,hear lot of Hi-Funda talks which normally i don't understand,they mostly paper trade.In actual arena very few survive,how many has really seen a person earning his livlihood by trading only,years together.We all belive if it is written in a book by some famous person,do we really try to know the basics.
Jesse was subtely pointing towards few things since few months,have we understood.
However this thread will also die in natural course within another few day's time.

rkgoyal_98

Dear Ashish,

I have been reading many of your postings here and i keenly read you threads. "Today's buy levels" really make us envious of you. In this thread you have posted exploration to see you have posted a method to see if stock is in sideways or is trending in last 4 years. The idea is great. But as a a learner we always fear that top is near. Or since trend has been there for past many days may end now. This is the main reason why we loose. I know this is the game of mind and we have to overcome it.
I hope we can share with each other various experiences and that will help us in maturing as a trader
Thanks
Rajeev

U

uasish

rkgoyal98
I can only say this :=
Winston Churchill's dictum used in another connection of 'a riddle wraped in a mystery inside an engima'

Asish

biyasc

Dear Ashish,

I know this is the game of mind and we have to overcome it.

Thanks
Rajeev
if this is a only game of mind then why everyone is looking for technicals. everyone is looking for complex analysis, 1-5-10-15 minutes charts, weekly/daily monthly charts, ma, rsi, roc & more. everyone is looking for complex entry/exit/target level. if this is only the game of mind then why they are looking for all of these things. this is just a question pop up in my mind. can you explain.

thanks in advance goyal.

Last edited:

rkgoyal_98

Dear Biyasc and Uasish,

I don't understand the market much as yet. I have gone through some TA books and know about patterns and a bit about the indicators. Sometime i do post a few charts here too. Looking at the charts and EXPECTING things i know. From whatever little i have done i am makin an assumption is that many of us can understand TA and can also find where can be. But to snatch it needs something different that is the mind game i was talking about. I regard most of the people here who have much more experience and always look for their guidance. I know that i have learn the most difficult path myself only. I have no intentions to say anything that has even a small impact on anyone's personality. By any chance if i have said something that was not in the right spirit of this thread then i feel sorry for that
Thanks
Rajeev

biyasc

Dear Biyasc and Uasish,

I don't understand the market much as yet. I have gone through some TA books and know about patterns and a bit about the indicators. Sometime i do post a few charts here too. Looking at the charts and EXPECTING things i know. From whatever little i have done i am makin an assumption is that many of us can understand TA and can also find where can be. But to snatch it needs something different that is the mind game i was talking about. I regard most of the people here who have much more experience and always look for their guidance. I know that i have learn the most difficult path myself only. I have no intentions to say anything that has even a small impact on anyone's personality. By any chance if i have said something that was not in the right spirit of this thread then i feel sorry for that
Thanks
Rajeev

hi goyal, dont say sorry. u just expressed your views. personally i also feel that this is the game of mind with strick money/risk management along with very easy entry/exit signals. in 100 makrs i will give 40 to my mind, 40 to my money/risk managent & another 20 to my entry/exit signal. thanx for your reply.

regards,
biyas.

U

uasish

What does Mind Game means.
Any trader at the start of his trading carrer gets Rush of Adrenaline when the trade goes
against him,this is Biological Science .This is the precise reason why i despise those
people speaking Hi-Funda,Bookish knowledge,they will be narrating experience of Gr8
trader's reading their books,those are deductive/inductive knowledge.It is true if i jump
from a 10 storied building i will die,i do not actually do it to gain that knowledge,that is
deductive.Hence logicaly one may say Books will give us deductive knowledge.No it cant
becoz i dont know ME ,when 0.10 paisa in 1 Lot of IFCI is Rs 787.50 + Brokerage & if
it goes 1.50 against me ,my blood stream will be pumped with a Rush of Adrenaline,
pupils dialeted , brain getting slowly non-responsive ,then all those deductive knowledge
will evaporate.I dont know whether i will reach that stage at Rs2.50 or Rs 3.50 minus
from original Long Entry price.
Plz dont believe people's who says it has never happened with him ,he had absolute
control on his emotions at the beginning of his Trading life,he is simply a paper trader
best orator in a Tea party ,highly knowledgeable,trust me he is a Liar.
Those who trades on own money not leveraged,he will simply hold & may not experience
this Rush of adreanaline,doing quite OK.
I am talking only of those people doing Intraday or on Leveraged a/c.
After the ego & money gets bruised then the Learning starts.After that trader returns to
drawing board getting every thing done absolutely perfect on the Drawing Board ,he will plunge
again somewhat preapeared,then again that Rush of Adrenaline but now he has read
psychology ,MM/RM ,so he will try to cope up but Mkt is so unkind many SL will still be Hit
OR he will become bold & stray away from his self imposed discipline.
Again he will knocked out flat on the mat then he will have a DEEP introspection,
here the process of un-learning starts.Mkt constitues of exteremly Smart people.They know
everything.Nothing is SURE / GAURANTED for us.All these TA / NN / GA ,there is no sure path.
This is a Loner's Trade.People will never share his secret,not becoz he his selffish but more
for the reason that if it is followed by many then instantly Smart Mkt guys will decipher it &
the edge will vanish.The moment the Trader learns to dissociate himself from Price emotionaly ,
looks at it objectively,treat trading as an everyday activity as in any other business,he will
piously follow his simple rules ,will never look through his ears but by his eyes ,know himself
& his comfort level then at the end of month he will mostly be rewarded.
All through out my trading carrer i belived & still believe knowledge has to be Evolutionary
as a chick breaks from an eggshell ,it can not be inductive or deductive.Yes inductive & deductive
input can hasten that Evolution ,but that process is absolutely a lonely self process.
I am trying my level best day-in & day-out dont know when will i advance atleast 1 step from
where i have started.Still in the incubator.Mkt is my everyday affair since few yrs still i cant
fathom anything have no inkling.
However as i am extremely scare-ed to preserve my Equity the smaller TF has min. SL &
modest reward ,which suits me.