Tata Motors

The stock has lost massive ground recently..... about 8%.
Anyone here with research on reasons?

With the P/E at close to 15, it appears to be reasonably priced. Tata seems to be a company with strong fundamentals. I have yet to do the analysis.... which I will do tomorrow.

What are the community's ideas on Tata Motors?

The stock has lost massive ground recently..... about 8%.
Anyone here with research on reasons?

With the P/E at close to 15, it appears to be reasonably priced. Tata seems to be a company with strong fundamentals. I have yet to do the analysis.... which I will do tomorrow.

What are the community's ideas on Tata Motors?
I am positive on TATA MOTORS and DVR as well. I have taken a simulated call on it and have to wait for the returns.

checkmate7

Tatamotors dvr monthly. Not exactly a H&S, but the pattern looks bearish. A similar pattern is also seen in tata motors and was also seen in 2006-7-8.
TP ji great explanation with charts and helping everyone as always :)

Tatamotors dvr monthly. Not exactly a H&S, but the pattern looks bearish. A similar pattern is also seen in tata motors and was also seen in 2006-7-8.
That is some analysis! Thanks for sharing that!

What would you say to accumulating this stock for someone not looking for dividend payouts, as a safe place to park your money for the long term? It seems like a company with good growth potential, even though FY16-17 profits were slightly lower than previous year, and a major deal with another manufacturer has just fallen flat.... seems like a short term bearish trend making it a good buy.

opinions?

So, Tata Motors is at 375 a share with a P/E hanging around 16.
It's also suffered heavily because of loss of market share in Commercial Vehicles in India. JLR has been doing poorly too.

Does the mean this is a good time for VALUE INVESTORS to enter this stock? I mean ONLY for the long term, a minimum of two years.
The global electric vehicle market will pick up pace in few years, and Tata is eyeing that sector too.
It has decent sales other than in the Commercial Vehicles market.
The stock has definitely suffered this year. But doesn't that mean better value for long term investing?

Have a doubt to ask of you experts here.

To my knowledge, Tata Motors and Tata Motors DVR are shares of EXACTLY the same company. The only difference is shareholder's rights in voting.

Then How come the P/E Ratio of the DVR shares is almost half that of Tata motors?