Systematic Equity Investment Portfolio Performance Tracking

ncube

I am extremely sorry and apologize that I will not be able to continue this thread, since I started this experiment, its my responsibility to take it to logical conclusion:
1. I still find the broader market is weak and lot of churning happening and I am not able to understand it.
2. Know that one cannot be correct all the time, if any doubt crops up, best option is to reduce the equity exposure and think with clear mind the next step.
3. Its our hard earned profits and our priority should be to protect it first. This is what I am doing here, just follow the market and protect profit...keep repeating....over time it will make a huge difference.
4. Be humble to accept it if you are wrong and dont force your opinion on the market.
5. Being small & trading in cash and no leverage is a huge edge, as time is on our side which allows the leisure of not taking hasty decisions.

Strategy Update: 31-08-2020:
1. Sold PFIZER
2. Bought NTPC
3. Reduced equity exposure to 50%
1598848163379.png

4. PF status:
1598847727055.png

5. Performance numbers as of now:
23 continuous wins and no losses (If the remaining half does not get into profits the take will become a loss)
Average win% now stands at 7.02%

Next probable actions one can take for these type of strategies is that if the market does not improve in next few days exit all positions and the loss will be minimal, however if the situation improves, increase the equity exposure and continue running the strategy normally.

ncube

strat-mmrts:

1604236543971.png

My Intension was to share how a real trading happens with transparent information posted in real time on a neutral platform, its difficult to get this kind of knowledge to new traders, most who come on twitter or brags in the forum about the excellent timing and growth stocks do so only after the event with either photoshopped screenshots or without even taking real trades.

But even after repeated requests not to monitor my every post and dely approving, I observed that the moderators in this forum continue to do it and even edit or delete the posts even if it is not breaking any forum rules. Its difficult to keep checking repeatedly to see if the posts are properly posted or got modified due to software or moderator error.

Look like this forum is not user friendly anymore and its better to move to a forum which have sensible moderation,

Looks like ValuePickr Forum/Trade Brains or even Zerodha Trading Q&A seems to be a good option!!!

Last edited:

ncube

Start-mrts:

1604289572428.png

My Intension was to share how a real trading happens with transparent information posted in real time on a neutral platform, its difficult to get this kind of knowledge to new traders, most who come on twitter or brags in the forum about the excellent timing and growth stocks do so only after the event with either photoshopped screenshots or without even taking real trades.

But even after repeated requests not to monitor my every post and dely approving, I observed that the moderators in this forum continue to do it and even edit or delete the posts even if it is not breaking any forum rules. Its difficult to keep checking repeatedly to see if the posts are properly posted or got modified due to software or moderator error.

Look like this forum is not user friendly anymore and its better to move to a forum which have sensible moderation,

Looks like ValuePickr Forum/Trade Brains or even Zerodha Trading Q&A seems to be a good option!!!

Last edited:

ncube

Start-rmrts:

1604289696360.png

My Intension was to share how a real trading happens with transparent information posted in real time on a neutral platform, its difficult to get this kind of knowledge to new trader.******************************************************

Last edited by a moderator:

ncube

Update: Strategy Performance for 2020:

Though the year 2020 was very difficult with 30-35% drawdown in March, overall the market has performed exceptionally well. The returns for the strategy tracked here crossed 100% for the year. The equity curve and performance of the strategy over the year was as follows:

Strategy Performance Curve:

1610542926230.png

Portfolio Returns Curve:
1610544430511.png

Performance Statistics:
1610543569771.png

Trades Taken: Observe that I have booked profits and losses regularly, this is very important along with being consistent and disciplined.

1610545095399.png

Last edited:

ncube

Market is moving up very fast, in the last 15 days any decent stock bought has given a min 10+ returns. Is it time to turn cautious? I dont know but not to be greedy I have booked the profits today and reduced the equity exposure to the level before budget. Will again analyze the allocation beginning next month.

This month so far has turned out to be the best month for the strategy with 18% returns in less than 15 days. What more can one ask for in a long only equity strategy...:) .The interesting part though is that this is not a concentrated portfolio and has on average 30 stocks which clearly indicates this is in no way a normal market. However why to question the rationality in an irrational market, enjoy the action till it lasts but ensure proper safety net is in place.....:)

1613574019261.png

1613576111618.png

1613574052723.png

1613574110024.png

Last edited: