System Testing

hi guys!!!

I have made couple of trading systems which I backtested them manually trade by trade & also on Metastock system tester. The results in both were totally different, it was astonishing. Guys if someone from here have used Metastock system tester than pls share ur experince with me...how did u find it...and where the results valid???

Pls help me...
regards,
Vishal :)

myamit

hello,

I'm not using Metastock but does lot of testing on AmiBroker. Please let me know if you need help to test your systems in different software.

Hi friends,

I have created the a expert advisor in Metastock 11 and that will generate the Buy and sell Signals I what to export those buy and sell signals in a excel and I want to calculate manually buy and sell in MS Excel sheet. I don’t want to use system tested tool in Metastock 11.

Is there any way I can export the chart data {Date, Close, Buy/ Sell Signal) in MS Excel?

Thanks in advance,
Arun C M

I have extensive experience with Metastock and Amibroker. For Metastock most traders say use the Points. Make sure you check the box to generate your trade report. You can't have your system trade 100% of equity. What happens is if you're system generates a signal to buy at the open the next day, if the price gaps up your system won't be able to afford the higher price and it won't buy anything at all (essentially skipping that whole trade). I have to set mine at 90% to capture most of the trades. I used metastock for 18 years and just switched to amibroker and find it much more robust.