System Tester

hi guys!!!

I have made couple of trading systems which I backtested them manually trade by trade & also on Metastock system tester. The results in both were totally different, it was astonishing. Guys if someone from here have used Metastock system tester than pls share ur experince with me...how did u find it...and where the results valid???

Pls help me...
regards,
Vishal:)

iamaaditya

Unfortunately there seems to be dearth of Metastock users.

I dont' use Metastock, but do know few things about Strategy Trading.

Most importantly the difference is due to the Price being used to calculate the entry and exit ! are you using consistent price say Open or Close or crossover ? if crossover is happening in a candle what price do you use ? (do you move into smaller TF to see at what price crossover took place ) ?
other things that could affect would be use of stops (again exit prices) and profit targets. Also see if you are using commission in software and may be not while doing manually.

Sorry couldn't be of much help. if all above doesn't fix the inconsistency, print the detailed report and compare it bar by bar against your manual calcuations, you should be able to find the root cause.

DanPickUp

hi guys!!!

I have made couple of trading systems which I backtested them manually trade by trade & also on Metastock system tester. The results in both were totally different, it was astonishing. Guys if someone from here have used Metastock system tester than pls share ur experince with me...how did u find it...and where the results valid???

Pls help me...
regards,
Hi

I use Mst Pro since years.

What did you test in M and did you change any stuff in the formula from what you tested in the system tester ?

If you did not change any thing in the formulas there, you can forget any of any resutls, as you have to chang the formula for what you test.

Tc

DanPickUp

Hi

I use Mst Pro since years.

What did you test in M and did you change any stuff in the formula from what you tested in the system tester ?

If you did not change any thing in the formulas there, you can forget any of any resutls, as you have to chang the formula for what you test.

Tc

DanPickUp
----------------------------------------------------------------------------

I dint get u what u meant

Hi friends,

I have created the a expert advisor in Metastock 11 and that will generate the Buy and sell Signals I what to export those buy and sell signals in a excel and I want to calculate manually buy and sell in MS Excel sheet. I don’t want to use system tested tool in Metastock 11.

Is there any way I can export the chart data {Date, Close, Buy/ Sell Signal) in MS Excel?

Thanks in advance,
Arun C M
:clap:

hi guys!!!

Pls help me...
regards,
Yes, I agree I created trading systems and when I check with system tester and when I look at graph; to validate both that is totally different...

So that is the reason I just want to export all the buy/sell signals to Microsoft Excel and check manually...

If you know the solution kindly let me know

Thanks,
Arun C M