System Improvisation-Thought process!

Niranjanam

Here is some wisdom from Pradeep Bonde.

Role Change

Trading successfully and researching something are completely two different things. Transitioning from one role to another successfully is the key. Many times there is temptation to get too involved in research. Easy availability of software and tools also make this task easy. So temptation is to spend more time on research or keep tinkering. If you get caught in that role, your trading suffers. So clearly compartmentalize those two roles.

Many people have problem in role transition. I am in touch with some traders who are still fine tuning some of the ideas discussed here or researching other ideas. Many of them have the role transition problem. They are very successful in researching and developing and back testing ideas, but find it difficult to transition to trading the ideas successfully.

In organizational settings also you will find same things. Many people aspire for a role, but when they get it, they fail to perform in that role. Role transition is critical skill required if you want to go higher in hierarchy in organization. Same way role transition is the key in trading. Unless one is conscious of it, one can spend lot of time in roles not useful for trading.

Karthik bro,

Thanks for that idea!!! Infact it is average in some points!!!

So i am of the notion that at some points the noise on all waves are the same! OR the noise is getting canceled on that particular points...
See the graph! The average graph(red one) merges with the blue graph towards the end!!! And the difference of average and signal is negligible! But difference comes when we take the MA in system. I think that is making the difference in back test reports!
Thanks for that fantastic idea..Thanks a lot for post...

CV... Learning by reinventing the wheel!!!:D
Hmmm. that books are at least better than my engineering references!!!

Thanks alot!!! Asish bhai for that warning!!!:)

Attachments

A small backtest report after CREATING my new system!!!

U will never be able to beat the improved system!!!:D

MiG-1(Mirage Grail-1) as i fondly call my system "crash-landed" in the BACKTEST!!!:eek:

Thank God, I did nt wet my hands in market with this improved high tech system!:D

So back to the "instruction manuals". They always warned me to read instructions before use! What use!!!

Attachments

And dear friends, brothers, pro`s and those who brand me as "RAJA"(Amitt- how could i forget u?)

Finally I am scribbling some results that I obtained when i was in the process of reinventing the wheel!

Through the process of my analysis of the data, it was very interesting to note many "bakwas" findings. In a sense I am now thinking that all prices are trying to move themselves to the ZERO value.:eek:

I first thought it that prices are tending to FACE VALUE. Later searches proved that face value is nothing other than a human set value to a thing that never exists!

And the "intrapolation" exercise gave me a new indicator.

In this indicator I considered that all prices have only a SINGLE long term trend, that is to reach ZERO value state. But unfortunately every process in the system(market) is performing against that. This action supplies heat to the price.This causes a randomness in the value. I call this "enthalpy". So we will be measuring the enthalpy to know about the "intermediate trends" in price.

The original trend is tending to zero! But the intermediate trends are making prices fluctuate.

So the new indicator is called ANalyzer of Intermediate Trend in TA.

Of curiosity I just implemented the indicator(ANITTA) in my "workbook", the MABIUTS system of Karthik bro.

The back test was done from 01-01-96 to 04-06-07

I know the transition of MATHEMATICAL model to profitable market system is difficult. But still I am wasting my time reinventing the wheel!

If any of the professionals out here has seen such an indicator or graph anywhere, please point me there! U will be helping me a lot!

Attachments

Last edited: