Symphony Presto discussion

mechtrader

Hi all,

Since Symphony's presto platform doesnot have a dedicated thread here, I decided to make one as I am using their automated services for quite some time now.

The purpose of this thread is to :
1. Discuss new developments that can be made
2. Current problems being faced by clients

I invite all active symphony presto users to share their views here.

Thanks,
MT

Cubt

Algo Trader
Dear MT,

Thanks for creating the thread. Very essential for people who are using Symphony.

Am facing the below problem.

Limitations of multiple strategy for JobEx users:

Currently I use a positional system for Nifty and I have developed a intraday strategy as well for Nifty, but I was informed by Rahul (Symphony Support person) that same user cannot run two instances under JobEx. So either I have to opt for Positional or Intraday, I cannot run both strategy simultaneously.

Work around:
I was asked to use Positional strategy with JobEX and Intraday with Smart Executor, but there are certain limitations like, RMS dashboard will not differentiate between positional system's orders and Intraday system' order, so margin blocked for intraday system will be as per positional margin not intraday margin. Again huge capital will be locked as margin, just because their RMS application cannot differentiate it.

Any of you guys, using both positional and intraday strategies?

Also, how do you guys handle network connectivity issue with Symphony, sometimes they ask us to restart the application. What in case, the orders are triggered by our system during that time? We need to place manual orders by calling Composite Edge?

Another biggest limitations is, Broker. They do not have much options when it comes to broker partner. They should have tied up with many leading brokerage houses.

DSM

Cubt,

Why do you think there is limitation on broker? Because they get a share from the (higher) brokerage charged.... This will continue till such time that discount brokers get into the act and blow away the 'fat commission' business model.... Till then, traders will have to pay thru their nose for trading.

Another biggest limitations is, Broker. They do not have much options when it comes to broker partner. They should have tied up with many leading brokerage houses.

mechtrader

Dear MT,

Thanks for creating the thread. Very essential for people who are using Symphony.

Am facing the below problem.

Limitations of multiple strategy for JobEx users:

Currently I use a positional system for Nifty and I have developed a intraday strategy as well for Nifty, but I was informed by Rahul (Symphony Support person) that same user cannot run two instances under JobEx. So either I have to opt for Positional or Intraday, I cannot run both strategy simultaneously.

Work around:
I was asked to use Positional strategy with JobEX and Intraday with Smart Executor, but there are certain limitations like, RMS dashboard will not differentiate between positional system's orders and Intraday system' order, so margin blocked for intraday system will be as per positional margin not intraday margin. Again huge capital will be locked as margin, just because their RMS application cannot differentiate it.

Any of you guys, using both positional and intraday strategies?

Also, how do you guys handle network connectivity issue with Symphony, sometimes they ask us to restart the application. What in case, the orders are triggered by our system during that time? We need to place manual orders by calling Composite Edge?

I dont do positional but i do have multi time frame strategies. I was using jobex before, but there can only be a single instance in jobex, so i then shifted to smartex.
The application built by mastertrust is better in this regard as they offer multiple instance trading as per their thread.

Jobex has many features but smartex is plain vanilla. Its high time they should add features in smartex or make jobex multiple instance.

There is nothing we can do about network connectivity. But then those issues are rare.

Regarding brokers, afaik they demand some infrastructure cost which most of the discount brokers are not paying and in turn are trying to develop their own automated solutions. However, they are launching a product called presto lite which should be compatible with all brokers, u might want to call them for this.

MT

TradeOptions

Thanks for starting this thread mechtrader bro. Much Appreciated:thumb:

And Cubt bhai, I completely agree to you. All those are very genuine requirements. It is strange that Symphony has not solved these yet !

It is really good to see that competition is heating up in the Algo Section and therefor these guys will have to keep on updating fast, otherwise the competitors will take their clients.

Thanks and regards

iggi

Cubt,

Why do you think there is limitation on broker? Because they get a share from the (higher) brokerage charged.... This will continue till such time that discount brokers get into the act and blow away the 'fat commission' business model.... Till then, traders will have to pay thru their nose for trading.
As far as I know, Compositedge is tied up with Symphony and they charge something like 0.006 percent for fully automated trading in futures on NSE

hi i too use composite edge through symphony, they do charge 0.006 % of every trade but they have a lumpsump scheme of Rs 15000.00 per month and unlimited trades.
it is on the higher side if we all put up a mail as a group we might get a better deal.

Hi All,

Thanks mechtrader, for creating this thread. Also thanks to all of you for subscribing to Presto and helping us enhance the solutions with your constructive feedback.

Addressing some of the points raised in this thread:
1. Feature enhancements in pre-packaged Strategy - You will appreciate that each Algorithm is designed keeping some specific set of Users in mind. Although we have tried to make the Algos quite generic but still each Algo may differ with each other for core purpose itself.
We will be happy to receive your feedback and try to incorporate them, if the design permits and we believe that those changes are for much larger audience also if it fits into our Product Road Map.

JobEx design does not permit us to make it multi instance.
You may also want to explore the features of our PrestoSmartCallExecutor, which is being increasingly used by many.

2. Customisation and new Strategy: We are open to develop new custom built strategy and customise the pre-packaged strategy for specific user at a nominal fee. Send us mail with specs.

3. Brokers participation in Algo trading: Algo trading requires completely separate infrastructure and has substantial investment. SEBI / Exchanges has some mandatory compliance and all this increase the cost of setup. Hence, only Visionary Brokers are adopting to Algo Trading for Active Traders at this moment.
We have been able to acquire quite a few Brokers from Tier-I, Tier-II and Tier-III category and the list is increasing.
Discount Brokers are keeping themselves away from Algo Trading at present because of the higher initial costs and low numbers of Algo Traders.

Additionally ...... Advance Ami Broker Users will be happy to know the we have enhanced the intelligence of our FuseAB, plugIn for AmiBroker so that it can accept Qty, Target, StopLoss, TrailingSL and other parameters from AFL itself, which can be used as input parameters by Execution strategies such as JobEx. See here ...
https://symphonyfintech.wordpress.c...mifuse-demo-for-amibroker-based-algo-trading/

I will be happy to see some positive feedbacks and appreciations to encourage the team behind this venture if you think we are able to contribute to your success :)

You may reach me out at [email protected] for direct feedback and communication.

Best Wishes,
Happy & Prosperous New Year!!!

Praveen Gupta
CEO, Symphony Fintech

Last edited:

TradeOptions

Hi All,

Thanks mechtrader, for creating this thread. Also thanks to all of you for subscribing to Presto and helping us enhance the solutions with your constructive feedback.

Addressing some of the points raised in this thread:
1. Feature enhancements in pre-packaged Strategy - You will appreciate that each Algorithm is designed keeping some specific set of Users in mind. Although we have tried to make the Algos quite generic but still each Algo may differ with each other for core purpose itself.
We will be happy to receive your feedback and try to incorporate them, if the design permits and we believe that those changes are for much larger audience also if it fits into our Product Road Map.

JobEx design does not permit us to make it multi instance.
You may also want to explore the features of our PrestoSmartCallExecutor, which is being increasingly used by many.

2. Customisation and new Strategy: We are open to develop new custom built strategy and customise the pre-packaged strategy for specific user at a nominal fee. Send us mail with specs.

3. Brokers participation in Algo trading: Algo trading requires completely separate infrastructure and has substantial investment. SEBI / Exchanges has some mandatory compliance and all this increase the cost of setup. Hence, only Visionary Brokers are adopting to Algo Trading for Active Traders at this moment.
We have been able to acquire quite a few Brokers from Tier-I, Tier-II and Tier-III category and the list is increasing.
Discount Brokers are keeping themselves away from Algo Trading at present because of the higher initial costs and low numbers of Algo Traders.

Additionally ...... Advance Ami Broker Users will be happy to know the we have enhanced the intelligence of our FuseAB, plugIn for AmiBroker so that it can accept Qty, Target, StopLoss, TrailingSL and other parameters from AFL itself, which can be used as input parameters by Execution strategies such as JobEx. See here ...
https://symphonyfintech.wordpress.c...mifuse-demo-for-amibroker-based-algo-trading/

I will be happy to see some positive feedbacks and appreciations to encourage the team behind this venture if you think we are able to contribute to your success :)

You may reach me out at [email protected] for direct feedback and communication.

Best Wishes,
Happy & Prosperous New Year!!!

Praveen Gupta
CEO, Symphony Fintech
Thank you Praveen Ji for taking the time to reply on this thread itself. We appreciate it a lot. :thumb:

Symphony is doing a great work to make algo trading accessible to the retail traders. Keep it up.

With my best regards