Swing trading for stocks

newuser_RK

Hi,

I would first like to thank all the members for helping out each other.

I have a quick query, didn't wanted to open a thread for this but couldn't figure out where to ask this.

Right now I am trading stocks both swing and positional. The issue is that I do not have sufficient capital, so although percent wise I may be earning good but absolute earnings are low. I want to introduce leverage into my portfolio. Buying stock derivatives are beyong my trading size, index derivativea I do not want to buy. So is there any other way to do this?

If you are sure about the movement of the stock, then buying stock derivative is the only alternative, for short term positional or swing trading. :)
Or go for intraday stock trading.
But take care of the risk involved in such trading. :D

jagankris

Stock derivative are above my risk appetite....

Do brokers provide leverage?
Stocks
Futures
Options are the available 3 choices for trading.
Leverage is possible in Day Trading only depending upon the broker leverage varies.
Derivatives are above your capital size.
But you say you are a positional/swing trader so leverage is not possible.

So keep continuing swing/positional trading - delivery based trading with out leverage.
Or
Options trading (Better to avoid this - less liquid more risky).

newuser_RK

FnO I am not comfortable so that's not an option for me. I am not a day trader so that s out of the window. So I should continue with 100% paidup trades shhh..what a shame....

I may think about stock options but time value kills u there...

raul12

Brokers also provide margins on stock positions...you may consider that....but that is only for a a very short window of 5 days....