Swing and Day trading Strategy

Hello My Traderji Friends,
I am back in Traderji after many months. I was reading my old posts and threads today. Thank you all for participating and making them live even after so many days. Some asked me by phone or by my email/Traderji Msg service why did you left this forum. :)
Well friends I did not left this forum, I was making myself clear. I tried to help myself by posting or commenting in different Threads. I was judging myself how really I understand this financial market and so I tried to help others by answering their questions. I was highly criticized. I become angry. :) Even after trying to help other others learning AFL coding many sent me comments like this "Hey can you do this for me?" I tried to solve many AFL for others may be they are reading my new thread now. But many sent me comment like this too "Hey this AFL is too tough for you huhh? Can you do this?" :D It is like I am in school and my Headmaster is asking me to solve a very hard math problem. Then I became so frustrated I left Traderji. I complained many times to Admin. Yes took some steps when things get too ugly. Thanx to him

Then I realized that, it is like out Stock market. Yes, you read right. Even after having all our good motive we gets kicked out from trades by stopping out or soon after we take the position market went against us. It happens. We gets frustrated, we change systems, buy another, attend another seminar. But all remains same. :( No matter what is your intention people will pull your legs. But thanx to them, then gave the opportunity to learn stock market is not different at all. Let me explain this ..
Even after trying many many Trading systems that really worked for many other traders, you and me may not get success at all in this. If I assume that we followed everything said in rule books. What the heck? Why is it like that? There is something very big is missing. That is mind set. I have pointed out few things that I feel is very important to change in any Trader,
1) Never gets angry when criticized by others
2) Never thinks that your system is wrong because it made you 5-6 losses in a row.
3) Never try to change the rules at the time of trading
4) There is no chance of second guess
5) Plan before any trade once you execute it, leave it alone. Now it can go any way it wants. You can watch again and again but you can not push or pull it in your way
6) Trade like a machine. Leave all your frustration, emotions, and other issues out side the door then enter at trading room.
7) Always use stop loss
8) Have a system that you can repeat anytime of the day. e.g Anybody ask you your name there will be no delay in your answer because you a clear mental image of your name in brain that it can be answered effortlessly.
9) Have a good money management rules.

There are may be more of them. But these are the most important. More we trade more we experience. As a trader
1) We can not predict tops or bottom
2) We can not predict what market will do.
3) There is always a good chance in market to enter. So keep the bad signals aside.
4) Never gets bore if you are missing any signal.
5) Today or tomorrow you will lose some trades. It is not a big deal. Forget and focus on your next trade. Make sure you followed all the systems rules.

We all wants to be a good trader, professional trader. We want to mange our money good. We want to grow our wealth. Wrong we can not do that. Because we don't know when the next big thing will happen. Believe me nobody in this earth knows future of Index or any market. What we all do then? We take a trade and just manage bad trades. Good trades are already good, no need to manage them. They can go in your favor. But we can manage our bad trades that will save us.

Thanks to all my criticizer, well wisher friends and thread readers for being with me.

On my net post I am going to post a new strategy that I have developed. you guys can try.

Debarghya Mukherjee

Reggie

Debarghya,

There is a quote that is applicable for the times we live in. 'No good deed will go unpunished' So no matter how noble your intentions, there will always be critics, so be prepared.

All the best.

I am back in Traderji after many months. I was reading my old posts and threads today. Thank you all for participating and making them live even after so many days. Some asked me by phone or by my email/Traderji Msg service why did you left this forum. :)
Well friends I did not left this forum, I was making myself clear. I tried to help myself by posting or commenting in different Threads. I was judging myself how really I understand this financial market and so I tried to help others by answering their questions. I was highly criticized. I become angry. :) Even after trying to help other others learning AFL coding many sent me comments like this "Hey can you do this for me?" I tried to solve many AFL for others may be they are reading my new thread now. But many sent me comment like this too "Hey this AFL is too tough for you huhh? Can you do this?" :D It is like I am in school and my Headmaster is asking me to solve a very hard math problem. Then I became so frustrated I left Traderji. I complained many times to Admin. Yes took some steps when things get too ugly. Thanx to him

Then I realized that, it is like out Stock market. Yes, you read right. Even after having all our good motive we gets kicked out from trades by stopping out or soon after we take the position market went against us. It happens. We gets frustrated, we change systems, buy another, attend another seminar. But all remains same. :( No matter what is your intention people will pull your legs. But thanx to them, then gave the opportunity to learn stock market is not different at all. Let me explain this ..
Even after trying many many Trading systems that really worked for many other traders, you and me may not get success at all in this. If I assume that we followed everything said in rule books. What the heck? Why is it like that? There is something very big is missing. That is mind set. I have pointed out few things that I feel is very important to change in any Trader,
2) Never thinks that your system is wrong because it made you 5-6 losses in a row.
5) Plan before any trade once you execute it, leave it alone. Now it can go any way it wants. You can watch again and again but you can not push or pull it in your way
6) Trade like a machine. Leave all your frustration, emotions, and other issues out side the door then enter at trading room.
7) Always use stop loss
8) Have a system that you can repeat anytime of the day. e.g Anybody ask you your name there will be no delay in your answer because you a clear mental image of your name in brain that it can be answered effortlessly.

There are may be more of them. But these are the most important. More we trade more we experience. As a trader
3) There is always a good chance in market to enter. So keep the bad signals aside.
5) Today or tomorrow you will lose some trades. It is not a big deal. Forget and focus on your next trade. Make sure you followed all the systems rules.

We all wants to be a good trader, professional trader. We want to mange our money good. We want to grow our wealth. Wrong we can not do that. Because we don't know when the next big thing will happen. Believe me nobody in this earth knows future of Index or any market. What we all do then? We take a trade and just manage bad trades. Good trades are already good, no need to manage them. They can go in your favor. But we can manage our bad trades that will save us.

Thanks to all my criticizer, well wisher friends and thread readers for being with me.

On my net post I am going to post a new strategy that I have developed. you guys can try.

Debarghya Mukherjee

Hello friends,
Before I talk about the system, I have a disclaimer
"Trading or investing in stocks & commodities is a high risk activity. Any action you choose to take in the markets is totally your own responsibility. You are recommended to make appropriate enquiries and seek appropriate advise before sending money, incurring any expenses, acting on recommendations or entering into any commitment in relation to any recommendation or system published here."

Lets talk now friends. First of all, there is nothing to invent in stock market. Every system we see here and there have been tried or been used by somebody before. We already have many indicators, oscillator, moving averages. Even if we want we can make our own.
But what are these tools? Each of them represent price in different way. We use some mathematical expression that gives us value and we represent in graphs. So there is nothing special in them. And the there is nothing special in any trading system we use or we will use. All TRADING SYSTEMS ARE SAME.
All are different representation of price. and already been used. :)

In any trading system "Entry or the Exit signals are very important" We can control only these two parts. "Entry and Exit". Anything in between them are out of our control.

What we need for this system?
1) SMA(9),
2) SMA(45),
3) RSI(9) SMA,
4) RSI(45) SMA
5) ATR(14)

Signal for Trend:
1) SMA(9) > SMA(45) AND RSI (9) > RSI (45)
THEN: Trend is up.

2) SMA(9) < SMA(45) AND RSI (9) < RSI (45)
THEN: Trend is down.

Signal for Sideways market:
1) SMA(9) < SMA(45) AND RSI (9) > RSI (45)
2) SMA(9) > SMA(45) AND RSI (9) < RSI (45)

Once we get Trend signal go with the trend. Avoid sideways market.

Stop Loss:
ATR Value at entry level * 3 or ATR Value at entry level * 2 as per your risk tolerance.
Never take above 2% risk in any trade.

Exit:
1) Trade may be closed with Initial Stop loss
2) Trade may be closed with Trailing Stop loss
3) Trade may be closed with reverse trend signal.

Profit Target:
In my system I have no profit target. We will exit with adjusted trailing stop loss. Once the trade is in your favor go with trend and push your trailing stop loss.

This is a very simple TREND following system. I believe that, money can be made in trending market. Best of luck friends.

Debarghya Mukherjee

Last edited:
Debarghya,

There is a quote that is applicable for the times we live in. 'No good deed will go unpunished' So no matter how noble your intentions, there will always be critics, so be prepared.

All the best.
Yes my friend you are right. :thumb:

Hello Mukherjee, Time frame for this strategy please.
Hello friends,
Before I talk about the system, I have a disclaimer
"Trading or investing in stocks & commodities is a high risk activity. Any action you choose to take in the markets is totally your own responsibility. You are recommended to make appropriate enquiries and seek appropriate advise before sending money, incurring any expenses, acting on recommendations or entering into any commitment in relation to any recommendation or system published here."

Lets talk now friends. First of all, there is nothing to invent in stock market. Every system we see here and there have been tried or been used by somebody before. We already have many indicators, oscillator, moving averages. Even if we want we can make our own.
But what are these tools? Each of them represent price in different way. We use some mathematical expression that gives us value and we represent in graphs. So there is nothing special in them. And the there is nothing special in any trading system we use or we will use. All TRADING SYSTEMS ARE SAME.
All are different representation of price. and already been used. :)

In any trading system "Entry or the Exit signals are very important" We can control only these two parts. "Entry and Exit". Anything in between them are out of our control.

What we need for this system?
1) SMA(9),
2) SMA(45),
3) RSI(9) SMA,
4) RSI(45) SMA
5) ATR(14)

Signal for Trend:
1) SMA(9) > Price 45-EMA AND RSI (9) > RSI (45)
THEN: Trend is up.

2) SMA(9) < Price 45-EMA AND RSI (9) < RSI (45)
THEN: Trend is down.

Signal for Sideways market:
1) SMA(9) < Price 45-EMA AND RSI (9) > RSI (45)
2) SMA(9) > Price 45-EMA AND RSI (9) < RSI (45)

Once we get Trend signal go with the trend. Avoid sideways market.

Stop Loss:
ATR Value at entry level * 3 or ATR Value at entry level * 2 as per your risk tolerance.
Never take above 2% risk in any trade.

Exit:
1) Trade may be closed with Initial Stop loss
2) Trade may be closed with Trailing Stop loss
3) Trade may be closed with reverse trend signal.

Profit Target:
In my system I have no profit target. We will exit with adjusted trailing stop loss. Once the trade is in your favor go with trend and push your trailing stop loss.

This is a very simple TREND following system. I believe that, money can be made in trending market. Best of luck friends.

Debarghya Mukherjee
Welcome back :thumb:

DanPickUp

Debarghya,

All the best.
There was once a couple with a teenager son and a donkey. The couple decided to travel and to work where ever they are and so to learn more about the world.

In the first village they passed they heard the people talking about them. < Lock at that teenager. How bad this child is. It is sitting on the donkey and those pore parents have to walk aside them< After passing through the village, the woman told her husband< We do not let people speak bad about us. So lets take our son of the donkey and better you sit on the donkey.

Moving forwards, so coming to the next village. Also here they heard the people speaking about them. < Look at that bad man. He is sitting on the donkey and his pore wife and son have to walk beside them. After leaving that village the couple decided again to change there way of traveling and those time the mother starts to sit on the donkey.

Coming to the third village with the thoughts that now every thing is fine and people not will speak again about them, they heard the people saying< Look at that poor man. Working the whole day very hard and that bad wife is sitting on the donkey and not let him relax for a while. Even the son must feel bad about such a bad mother.

Being confused, they decided all to sit on the donkey when passing through the next village. But the people in that village got furious about them< Look at those three beast. Sitting all on those pore donkey which surely will die in a short time because of those bad people which are to lazy to walk.

Now they have been absolutely shocked about that, they decided to walk beside the donkey when entering the next village. Here the villagers started to laugh about them. < Look at those stupids. They walk beside a donkey even if they could sit on him and relax.

:clapping:Very nice old story must remember every one try to fallow others blindly.
Keep it up.:clapping:
There was once a couple with a teenager son and a donkey. The couple decided to travel and to work where ever they are and so to learn more about the world.

In the first village they passed they heard the people talking about them. < Lock at that teenager. How bad this child is. It is sitting on the donkey and those pore parents have to walk aside them< After passing through the village, the woman told her husband< We do not let people speak bad about us. So lets take our son of the donkey and better you sit on the donkey.

Moving forwards, so coming to the next village. Also here they heard the people speaking about them. < Look at that bad man. He is sitting on the donkey and his pore wife and son have to walk beside them. After leaving that village the couple decided again to change there way of traveling and those time the mother starts to sit on the donkey.

Coming to the third village with the thoughts that now every thing is fine and people not will speak again about them, they heard the people saying< Look at that poor man. Working the whole day very hard and that bad wife is sitting on the donkey and not let him relax for a while. Even the son must feel bad about such a bad mother.

Being confused, they decided all to sit on the donkey when passing through the next village. But the people in that village got furious about them< Look at those three beast. Sitting all on those pore donkey which surely will die in a short time because of those bad people which are to lazy to walk.

Now they have been absolutely shocked about that, they decided to walk beside the donkey when entering the next village. Here the villagers started to laugh about them. < Look at those stupids. They walk beside a donkey even if they could sit on him and relax.

Clarification please..

Is it SMA(45)

or EMA (45)

Because i could see two of these being told in the rules..
Ohhh My bad. Thank you saivenkat for pointing my mistake. I miss typed. I am using only SMA no EMA. :)

7) Always use stop loss

Debarghya Mukherjee
I thing now you are re-realized not only about marrket(especially technicals) but also so-called analysts or traders,hence I haste to post regularly.Please keep your realization don't frustrate about critisizers,every one saw with their own weared glasess.
I had tried so many times for AFL codes especially customized,and vain in search and test.
I got you best but you leave long time.
Thanks for back again,I have to touch regularly with you.
My quote is "Why so many indicators invented if some has been enough,thrust to predict unpredicted market" in by and all means.
Thank you.