Suggestion Needed - SIP portfolio

rais

I am planning to invest 25000 pm. in 5 mutual funds through SIP, in Growth option

I am doing this for the first time, below is the portfolio I am planning, please suggest if it is correct.

At my age, I am not averse to risk.

- HDFC Top 200
- HDFC Prudence
- Reliance Growth
- DSPBR Top 100 Equity Reg.
- Fidelity India

Please suggest.
Regards
Rais

hdfc is good, i feel u should consider Franklin Templeton's Blue Chip Fund also.

its a good SIP bet with decent returns. also service of Franklin people is too good.

milind

Hi,

Your choice of funds is good. I am not too familiar with Fidelity, but it too seems to be 5* rated. Reliance Growth has lagged lately, you may want to check any alternative midcap fund. Prudence is a good, stable fund and will provide you some debt coverage.

-- Milind

Hi Rais,

All your funds are good, but specific feedback below.

- HDFC Top 200 - Excellent choice, continue
- HDFC Prudence - Good choice, but reconsider. Reasons are below.
- Reliance Growth - Good choice, continue
- DSPBR Top 100 Equity Reg. - Good Choice, continue
- Fidelity India - Good fund, but reconsider.Reasons are below.

In your portfolio, there are 3 Large and Midcap funds (HDFC top 200, DSPBR top 100, Fidelity india). I would like to suggest that you can choose 2 of them and have a pure Large Cap fund in your portfolio. I would like to suggest IDFC Imperial Equity as a potential candidate along with Franklin India Bluechip which is another excellent fund.

If you are planning for HDFC Prudence as a balanced option, I would suggest to reconsider. This is a fantastic fund and provides excellent returns. However, its portfolio is extremely similar to HDFC Top 200 and hence, there will be duplication. If you choose HDFC Top 200, I would suggest you to consider Reliance Regular Savings fund - Balanced as the balanced option.

Hence, I am suggesting 2 portfolios to you.

PF1:

Large Cap: IDFC Imperial Equity / Franklin India Bluechip
Large and Mid Cap: HDFC top 200
Large and Mid Cap: DSPBR Top 100
Mid and Small Cap: Reliance Growth
Balanced: Reliance Regular Savings Fund - Balanced

PF2:
Large Cap: IDFC Imperial Equity / Franklin India Bluechip
Large and Mid Cap: Fidelity India
Large and Mid Cap: DSPBR Top 100
Mid and Small Cap: Reliance Growth
Balanced: HDFC Prudence.

If you aren't too happy with Reliance Growth, you can consider swapping out the same for ICICI Prudential Discovery which is a good Mid and Small Cap fund

Happy Investing