Strategy builder in Java

comm4300

Hello,

Iam trying to write a trading strategy in Java. I do not have any knowledge of it.

Is there a easy to use software that'll help me do it?

Google did not help. Hence this thread.

Any guidance is much appreciated.

Thanks very much.

Hello,

Iam trying to write a trading strategy in Java. I do not have any knowledge of it.

Is there a easy to use software that'll help me do it?

Google did not help. Hence this thread.

Any guidance is much appreciated.

Thanks very much.
Java is a programming language. I use Java and VB with excel to backtest strategies. Must say that these are awesome tools to have in your arsenal.

If you have any prior knowledge of programming then it should not be very difficult. You just need to learn the syntax. You can use editors that will help you with syntax and basic code. (Eclipse IDE is good for Java)

VB with excel is easier than Java for beginners. Let me know if you need any help in getting started.

Also, i wouldn't mind coding with you, if the work is interesting.

augubhai

Java is a programming language. I use Java and VB with excel to backtest strategies. Must say that these are awesome tools to have in your arsenal.

If you have any prior knowledge of programming then it should not be very difficult. You just need to learn the syntax. You can use editors that will help you with syntax and basic code. (Eclipse IDE is good for Java)

VB with excel is easier than Java for beginners. Let me know if you need any help in getting started.

Also, i wouldn't mind coding with you, if the work is interesting.
Don't know about VB, but Java is slow for large scale backtest. Try perl, the speed is just amazing.

prabhsingh

Please disclose your strategy first.Programming language is just one of the way of wrapping your ideas.If strategy is powerful,any programming language can handle it.

Language does not even matter, its always the programmer who makes the biggest difference. So unless you know how computers work on the chip level, and you are well versed with numerics, just focus on the strategy and save your time by doing a forward test on a demo account. Money is what matters in the end!