stop loss order strangely executed

Riskyman

@TracerBullet Thanks for sharing your thoughts. Appreciate it!
In all honestly, doesnt matter if price triggered at 204.60 or 204.75.
In trading, Ive seen kismat matter a lot. So if you are gonna lose you are gonna lose this way or the other :p

So actually all the trades in last few days have been with liquid stock futures(HDFC/VEDANTA/IBULLS) and not illliquid options...

If the theory is that it is not recorded in tick list/chart on my side is there anywhere on Nse where there is tick list for a particular scrip for that day then surely that would confirm a lot of things ....

Btw i have already done trade verification but that does not help when i already know it has been executed...:rolleyes:

Why break ur head so such.. The difference you talk of is 206.75 - 206.60 = 0.15 . Which is less that 0.10%. That difference is quiet quiet insignificant and if its significant for you then you seriously need to change the strategy being used..

Why break ur head so such.. The difference you talk of is 206.75 - 206.60 = 0.15 . Which is less that 0.10%. That difference is quiet quiet insignificant and if its significant for you then you seriously need to change the strategy being used..
Its not about a particular strategy..and its myopic to think i am fighting for 0.15 paise...its clear you do not have answer to this query so i suggest you should refrain from commenting when you do not understand the workings.

BTW:-With any strategy any human being is using would you like it if your stop loss is triggered with a 0.15 gap and the stock moves in your direction by 5-8%???Then come and tell me if the difference is insignificant to you or not??

Its not about a particular strategy..and its myopic to think i am fighting for 0.15 paise...its clear you do not have answer to this query so i suggest you should refrain from commenting when you do not understand the workings.

BTW:-With any strategy any human being is using would you like it if your stop loss is triggered with a 0.15 gap and the stock moves in your direction by 5-8%???Then come and tell me if the difference is insignificant to you or not??
I clearly understood ur question thats why i refuse to go into the technical side of things.. The BOTTOM LINE is that the price came within 0.10% of ur SL.. Clearly the areas you choose are of particular interest for stop loss hunting..
I wish you all the best in finding ur answers..

columbus

There 2 types of ORDERS as every is aware .(LIMIT and MARKET). Market order will be executed with 100% CERTAINTY but the price may vary a bit than what you see on your Computer Terminal. On the other hand ,LIMIT order may or may not get executed at the price YOUR price. If a STOCK moves in JERK fashion ( that is ,say from Rs 100 to Rs 104) there is no guarantee that all ORDERS in the range Rs 101 to Rs 103 may get executed . I think stoploss order falls in this category.

toocool

This is hardly any conspiracy theory. This is how we see it working which is why I said pls trade BN options to get a first hand experience.
I dont deny what they may have as a policy or as a framework. But those software systems are very dynamic. You would have noticed what I am talking about on very high volatility days that the bid/ask just keep moving so fast.

I could be totally wrong here in terms of what is defined as a protocol by NSE but my experience doesnt say that. For many years i was under the same impression about LTP being the end all of matters unless I noticed on several occasions that ltp didnt matter.
If what you/nse say is right then it means that we are not getting a real time picture of the LTP on our terminals.

Anyways im not a software guy. I dont get this shit. I only speak from my experience:)
thing is that we dont get all ticks even in charts or cant see in realtime also................speed is too fast

since a trade has happened nonetheless ,there was a buyer and seller and it will show in trade confirmation for sure .

if that happens its ok ............if trade doesnt show in confirmation .................that thing i have not ever seen or heard

you tell us