Stocks To Keep A Close Eye On

Status
Not open for further replies.

SavantGarde

Hi Maxine,

There is nothing illegal about it...but passing the info to other clients is not permitted and amounts to Insider Trading...

Remind me to tell you something that happened to me very early in my Trading.......

....not today in a few days

SavantGarde

Mr.SG - Is it legal for broker to follow his client's trades? I mean trade his own account with same scrip as tht of clients?

I had read somewhere tht brokers keep a list of profitable clients and shadow them for own acct? Is it true and legal? :confused:

Best,

B.G.Maxine

RSI

Folks,

Here is a single day image of a ledger dated 09/06/2010 & one can see the deep red of -4760483.03

Person has about 500 odd shares of RELIANCE as collateral.... & RIL's closing price on that day is 1007.05 (Haircut offered by the broker is 20% for RIL)

Ledger's owner is very very lucky that His RIL shares weren't liquidated....for the Ledger being way beyond the Pure-Risk

Anybody has any idea for bringing it back to 'Green of Health' & what would be the Time Frame...without adding even a single paise to the ledger

SavantGarde

P.S.: Will Post the whole Ledger twice one for date 31/03/2011 & second for date 08/06/2011
I assume from your post that

1. The owner of the ledger mentioned in your quoted post is known to you. May be perhaps directly under your control now with responsibility to bring it back to profit or at least to recover the losses.

2. More importantly, some strategy is taking shape (or most probably something is already going on - that is the most likely since the ledger relates to June 09 2010 and now we are in December 2010) which will give very valuable lesson to the newbies for surviving in markets.

3. You have confidence that you will be able to show substantial cut down in losses (may even be profit) by the futures dates mentioned in your post.

I shall remember this challenging post. I shall look forward to see the ledger on the future dates mentioned in your post. I hope we shall know the strategy as well.

Wishing you good luck

SavantGarde

Hi RSI,

Good to see a post from you in this thread....

Let me attempt to answer some of them below each of the points

I assume from your post that

1. The owner of the ledger mentioned in your quoted post is known to you. May be perhaps directly under your control now with responsibility to bring it back to profit or at least to recover the losses.
Yes the person is known to me and I trade directly from my computer....would have been difficult to do it through phone instructions.

2. More importantly, some strategy is taking shape (or most probably something is already going on - that is the most likely since the ledger relates to June 09 2010 and now we are in December 2010) which will give very valuable lesson to the newbies for surviving in markets.
Yes again... although in the beginning....when one sees a Ledger in Pure-Risk...what I call DM (Disaster Management) Kicks in... Broker was kind enough to give intraday limit in futures where the total Margin requirement was not more than 50k... needless to say it was slow at first with positive bias.

3. You have confidence that you will be able to show substantial cut down in losses (may even be profit) by the futures dates mentioned in your post.
I will let the Ledger speak for itself on those appointed dates.

I shall remember this challenging post. I shall look forward to see the ledger on the future dates mentioned in your post. I hope we shall know the strategy as well.

Wishing you good luck
Reaction expected is that of Stunned, Amazed & Disbelief all at the same time...:) Anyways, attempt such as this is not the first for me...when I do come across such challenges...it is that much needed child like quality and there I am back to being a 12 year old in a toy shop for the first time....

Warm Regards As Always

SavantGarde

stock72

Hi RSI,

Reaction expected is that of Stunned, Amazed & Disbelief all at the same time...:) Anyways, attempt such as this is not the first for me...when I do come across such challenges...it is that much needed child like quality and there I am back to being a 12 year old in a toy shop for the first time....

Warm Regards As Always

SavantGarde

SG,
Ithink the below comment is like inviting the carpenter who is on his way to put a wedge...anyway let me put up the question.

IF this is not to be your first time then it is really hard for me to understand that people will continue to write here instead of making money in the market and carry on his life.... Since you know , If at all I won ( by recovering my 16 lakhs ) then for sure I will not have time to be here other than for few more month as a good will gesture ....

Last edited:
Hi Nithin,

Thanks for the link.

I actually made this strategy looking at that reply itself.

So my stress was with whether to slowly exit in staggered manner COMPLETELY or only for the invested amount in staggered fashion.
I am sure SG would give us all more inputs on this as to when to exit completely in staggered and when to do it only for invested amount (again in staggered fashion).

This doubt came up as for one of our member SG had advised to sell off in 7 sessions (for deltacorp) only the invested amount; if I remember it right.

Dear Ajay,

Please find link below ( Reply from SG for my query on similar lines ) ,

http://www.traderji.com/equities/10035-stocks-keep-close-eye-1367.html#post491729.

Hope this helps in answering few of your queries!!!.

Best Wishes,
Nithin.

Status
Not open for further replies.