Stocks to hold onto for 6 years - 2013

Klewtar

What stocks are worth holding onto for 6 years?

From India, I see:
-Dabur
-Asian Paints
-Sun Pharmaceuticals
-ITC

From USA
-Google
-Linked In
-Solar City (Risky but Elon Musk seems to be worthwhile investment)

Last edited:

Einstein

What stocks are worth holding onto for 6 years?

From India, I see:
-Dabur
-Asian Paints
-Sun Pharmaceuticals
-ITC

From USA
-Google
-Linked In
-Solar City (Risky but Elon Musk seems to be worthwhile investment)
seems expensive!!

Mr.G

Could you give rationale behind your recos?

what goes up comes down. So no use holding for 6 years unless you are planning to park the money and taking space shuttle to mars.

Rotation is key. Invest in good stocks reap fruits and rotate

My list for India is now:

From India, I see:
-Dabur
-Lupin (not Asian Paints)
-Sun Pharmaceuticals
-ITC

I guess that Pharmaceutical mutual fund pays better than bank deposits over time.

Xitij

Why 6 yrs and not 7,8,9?
Why not stocks that can be held 'forever' ! ?? :D

My small holding has Asian Paints, Reliance, Infosys, Tisco, Page Industires and Hawkins and TCS(from IPO)! All held since eternity :D ! Never calculated the returns but I am sure its multiple times and not just percentage with regular Dividends and quiet a few bonuses and rights etc.
Added : 2011 : Symphony, 2012: bajaj Corp and Cera ceramic and on advise of a member here added in 2013 : Repco and HDFC Bank and gruh !
I plan to leave the stocks for my Heirs. Will be sold in my life time only and only when the same are required for some medical emergency !

I should update this list with new information.

Safest 5 stocks for next 5 years based on stocks already listed in this thread:
-ITC
-Dabur
-Asian Paints
-Hawkins
-Page

I've been experimenting with a combination of ratios and right now seem to have found one which may indicate safety during downswings. This list is not as effective as the ones found in the value thread in the fundamental analysis section of the forums.

rh6996

I should update this list with new information.

Safest 5 stocks for next 5 years based on stocks already listed in this thread:
-ITC
-Dabur
-Asian Paints
-Hawkins
-Page

I've been experimenting with a combination of ratios and right now seem to have found one which may indicate safety during downswings. This list is not as effective as the ones found in the value thread in the fundamental analysis section of the forums.
Nice picks, though ITC is safe but returns may be lower compared to other stocks here! Would prefer to add Repco in this list ! Holding Repco from 176/- bought on the day they were listed ! Bought more at ~330 now CMP 460! Cummins india is also good!