Stocks to BUY once correction is over?

Dear traderji/all forum members,

Which stocks would you recommend us to BUY if the correction gets complete? Should we keep a watch on the best performing stocks and take a BUY call on them?

Traderji

Super Moderator
I would keep a watch on some of the best performing stocks in the last quarter and see how they behave once the correction is over.

Some of the "A" group stocks in my watchlist are:

Security Name
INDO GULF CORP
ENGINEERS (I)
WELSPUN GUJARAT
BAJAJ AUTO
MASTEK LTD
DABUR (I)
INDIAN PETRO
HIND ZINC
VISUALSOFT TECHN
CHENNAI PETROLEU
STATE BANK
INDIAN RAYON
BHEL
HMT LTD
GUJ MINERAL
CONTAINER CORPOR
CIPLA LTD
ING VYSYA BANK
DREDGING COR
MICO LTD
ALFA LAVAL
GREAT EASTERN SH
DR. REDDY'S LABS
ROLTA (I)
JINDAL STEEL
IBP CO
RAYMOND LTD
MARUTI UDYOG
SYNDICATE BANK
SATYAM COMPUTER
J&K BANK
EIH LTD
THERMAX LTD
INFOSYS TECHNOLO
KOCHI REFINERIES
DENA BANK
HINDUJA TMT
BHARAT EARTH MOV
BRITANNIA INDS
ASIAN PAINTS
TATA MOTORS
BHARAT PETROLEUM
TVS MOTOR
MAHINDRA & MAHIN
RELIANCE INDS
GLAXOSMIT CONSUM
STERLITE INDS
FLEXTRONICS SOFT
PUNJAB TRACTORS
IGATE GLOBAL SOL

Traderji said:
I would keep a watch on some of the best performing stocks in the last quarter and see how they behave once the correction is over.

Security Name
INDO GULF CORP
ENGINEERS (I)
WELSPUN GUJARAT
BAJAJ AUTO
MASTEK LTD
DABUR (I)
INDIAN PETRO
HIND ZINC
VISUALSOFT TECHN
CHENNAI PETROLEU
STATE BANK
INDIAN RAYON
BHEL
HMT LTD
GUJ MINERAL
CONTAINER CORPOR
CIPLA LTD
ING VYSYA BANK
DREDGING COR
MICO LTD
ALFA LAVAL
GREAT EASTERN SH
DR. REDDY'S LABS
ROLTA (I)
JINDAL STEEL
IBP CO
RAYMOND LTD
MARUTI UDYOG
SYNDICATE BANK
SATYAM COMPUTER
J&K BANK
EIH LTD
THERMAX LTD
INFOSYS TECHNOLO
KOCHI REFINERIES
DENA BANK
HINDUJA TMT
BHARAT EARTH MOV
BRITANNIA INDS
ASIAN PAINTS
TATA MOTORS
BHARAT PETROLEUM
TVS MOTOR
MAHINDRA & MAHIN
RELIANCE INDS
GLAXOSMIT CONSUM
STERLITE INDS
FLEXTRONICS SOFT
PUNJAB TRACTORS
IGATE GLOBAL SOL
Hi Traderji,

Thanks as always!!:)

Saint

Thanks, Traderji.

Whenever there is a correction I start looking carefully at relative strength rankings of various stocks. As the correction proceeds further there would be few stocks that would continue to maintain high relative strength vs the market. Most of the time these would be the new leaders after the correction. I usually concentrate on identifying such stocks and then adding them to my portfolio once the correction is done.

--SwingTrader

Traderji

Super Moderator
swingtrader said:
Thanks, Traderji.

Whenever there is a correction I start looking carefully at relative strength rankings of various stocks. As the correction proceeds further there would be few stocks that would continue to maintain high relative strength vs the market. Most of the time these would be the new leaders after the correction. I usually concentrate on identifying such stocks and then adding them to my portfolio once the correction is done.

--SwingTrader
Excellent strategy swingtrader. This is exactly what I would do too. Please keep up with the informative posts.

swingtrader said:
Thanks, Traderji.

--SwingTrader

SwingTrader,

Have u identified any such stocks during this correction?

Rgds
Raju

Traderji said:

Security Name
INDO GULF CORP
ENGINEERS (I)
FLEXTRONICS SOFT
PUNJAB TRACTORS
IGATE GLOBAL SOL
Very Nice selection Traderji. Thanks a lot.

Quote:
Originally Posted by swingtrader
Thanks, Traderji.

--SwingTrader

Excellent strategy swingtrader. This is exactly what I would do too. Please keep up with the informative posts.

Traderji

Hello Traderji / swingtrader,

What is the period one should use for calculating the RSI ?? 14 ??

Just trying to get my toes wet with some knowledge/learning on ta.

Thanks
Karuna