Stocks list for e-margin trading

Prataap_2013

Where to find a list of stocks that are eligible for e-margin trading?

Meaning you can take a margin position for five days, T+5.

Stupid HDFC does not provide this list. And while searching I found a list by Axis Securities. But I don't know if it's updated?

Prataap_2013

Let me tell you something very strange about my a/c with HDFC Securities.

I did not notice this earlier because I am an investor and not a trader......

I am allowed intraday trading

I am not allowed margin trading (the message comes: "Client does not have privilege...")

I am allowed e-margin trading

I am not allowed futures/options trading

Should I ask customer care about this contradiction on margin and e-margin trading?

the list of stocks trading in intraday & e-margin is updated on HDFC securities trading site...you check under the option... Trading--->key announcement--->product.
and as far as i know ....for F&O trading you need to apply for activating the privildege and by submitting financial docs...suggest you contact their customer service dept @022-39019400.

DSM

Prataap,

Only one suggestion. Do check your transaction and brokerage charges for the month. Compare the same with a discount broker (Rs. 20 Max+taxes) If you are an active investor, you will save a couple of thousands each month in brokerage fees alone, as HDFC Securities and their like charge a % vs. fixed fee of discount brokers. Saying this, as I saved my cousin similar who was 'donating' tens of thousands each year to his broker. Now each of his transactions save him 80-90% or more with every trade.... just a friendly suggestion....

Let me tell you something very strange about my a/c with HDFC Securities.

I did not notice this earlier because I am an investor and not a trader......

I am allowed intraday trading

I am not allowed margin trading (the message comes: "Client does not have privilege...")

I am allowed e-margin trading

I am not allowed futures/options trading

Should I ask customer care about this contradiction on margin and e-margin trading?

shirajroz

Where to find a list of stocks that are eligible for e-margin trading?

Meaning you can take a margin position for five days, T+5.

Stupid HDFC does not provide this list. And while searching I found a list by Axis Securities. But I don't know if it's updated?
Originally Posted by DSM--Only one suggestion. Do check your transaction and brokerage charges for the month. Compare the same with a discount broker (Rs. 20 Max+taxes) If you are an active investor, you will save a couple of thousands each month in brokerage fees alone, as HDFC Securities and their like charge a % vs. fixed fee of discount brokers. Saying this, as I saved my cousin similar who was 'donating' tens of thousands each year to his broker. Now each of his transactions save him 80-90% or more with every trade.... just a friendly suggestion....
Sirs,
Zerodha dont provide dis e-margin trading facility ?
Any info ?
Thank u all

Prataap_2013

Prataap,

Only one suggestion. Do check your transaction and brokerage charges for the month. Compare the same with a discount broker (Rs. 20 Max+taxes) If you are an active investor, you will save a couple of thousands each month in brokerage fees alone, as HDFC Securities and their like charge a % vs. fixed fee of discount brokers.
I learned the hard way.

I took e-margin positions in BPCL, Lupin, Yes Bank, and exited a few days later with some profit. But later I found that I had made loss, because the brokerage and interest charges were so high in e-margin trading!

So now I only do intraday.

@ Shirajroz..to find the list of stocks that are eligible for e-margin trading? loggin to your trading account > www.hdfcsec.com..click Trade now> Enter user id and password...post logging in...> key announcements > product related (the list of stock trading in emargin is available) ...Regards.....:)

shirajroz

@ Shirajroz..to find the list of stocks that are eligible for e-margin trading? loggin to your trading account > www.hdfcsec.com..click Trade now> Enter user id and password...post logging in...> key announcements > product related (the list of stock trading in emargin is available) ...Regards.....:)
Thank U Oscar Bro,
don't hve A/c wid HDFC SEC, my Query was the below quoted :)
Sirs,
Zerodha dont provide dis e-margin trading facility ?
Any info ?
Thank u all
Thank u n Rgrds
--ShiraJ--

praveen98

Thank U Oscar Bro,
don't hve A/c wid HDFC SEC, my Query was the below quoted :)

Thank u n Rgrds
--ShiraJ--
Hi Shiraj,
Yes, zerodha provides margin against shares pledged...to view the list of stocks accepted as collateral please visit the following link and in the down loads page under subheading utilities you can download list of stocks eligible for nse f&o margin ...against pledge
https://zerodha.com/downloads Sorry i got it now you are asking about the T+5 day trading facility ...i think it is not provided by Zerodha

All the best:thumb:
praveen

Last edited: