StockD - Another NSE EOD Data Downloader

Everyone, there is a known issue with NSE servers.
Unfortunately NSE has changed their cookie policy from server side to client side which means more complicated programming for me to keep StockD running.

Without community support it's hard for me to keep maintaining StockD. I've been working on another update (making StockD faster) since months, but NSE has changed their policies midway, all my previous work is now foiled and I'll have to re-design things.

If you don't need futures data (and already have data prior to 2020), please switch to "NSE Daily (with Delivery)" in the Advanced settings section. This will restore functionality for Bhavcopy and Index data. Instructions on how to do the same are at https://github.com/virresh/StockD/wiki/User-Guide#what-are-link-profiles

@virresh One thing I noticed is that if the futures data is downloaded on the same day then it is downloading but if I try to download the back-date data then it is not.
Yes, with latest changes in NSE website, future data download will no longer work. I don't know when will I be able to get it to work.

u r doing grtt work to help our community of traders but if like nseeodfixed also working then we have a back up. though i know u wont love to update again nseeodfixed but if u think about it
Dear kaly422000, please think of this from my perspective. I don't get a single penny out of any of this, and already am maintaining one software for the same purpose. Dealing with constantly changing NSE policies is already hard enough, why would I maintain another ancient software that I know won't even work for half the cases?
I know non-programmers cannot appreciate the complexity and time required to build software, but from common sense point of view, what's the point in maintaining two softwares that do the exact same thing.

If you would like to get someone to maintain NSE EOD Downloader, please hire someone, they'll do a better job. Maintaining one software is already a huge loss of time and energy for me, I cannot maintain another software that would do the exact same thing.

kaly422000

ok no problem , but i know that with nse doing some changes frequently ,it is tough enough to update the software. any way i just checked the payment option today . some technical point- old nse site is working www1.nseindia.com for data downloading. one downloader downloading from that site. yesterday i saw some malfunction on nseindia(newsite) in data segments. intermitently was not finding cash and future data. means some works ongoing. ur software will be in high demand in near future i think . we want any of this type of software wud work. thanx in advance

Last edited:

kaly422000

now for nse cash data with indices is working fine but only with any link profile if u can make the future download for just temporary fix ,wud be good. now we have another downloader working(getbhavcopy.com) but just checked for nifty future current month data. and it is not accurate data and many issue in that downloader but it download from old site www1.nseindia.com. for ur information only

kaly422000

i think it is now working again. there was some problem may be. cash, future , index all are working (keeping link profile tab blank also). today use old nse profile it worked. main feature is we can use many exe in different folder in same drive. it wud be confirmed tomorrow

kaly422000

some problem in new nse site for indices ,as indices data for 7/9 not seen in new nse site ,where as in old site it is there. yesterday the indices data for 7/9 appearing intermittently but today it has disappeared. so can not download today indices data. however if old nse link profile is loaded then i could download. this is for information only

kaly422000

Thanks for reporting @kaly422000
However, I just tried right now with the NSE Daily (with Delivery) profile and it is downloading equity and indices. Futures data isn't downloading at the moment, I think some delay from NSE end.
ys it is like new year syndrome(everyt recent year this happen and sometimes rectified itself) but one downloader getbhavcopy which use old nse site was downloading some what earlier but now speed become slow and data is present in old nse site for equity bhavcopy and indices